Fan Profile

Moderator: Rich Rane

MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Fan Profile 

Post#1 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:15 pm

Obviously all fans who use this message board are going to be newcomers:

I figured everyone should give a little background about how long they've been a fan and some other info.

I've been a Devils fan since 94-95.
I was 8 years old at the time.
My first Devils game at CAA was against Montreal that same year.

Favorite Devils Moment:

95 was my favorite cup year but obviously 2000 and 2003 are right up there.

Favorite Series

1995 vs. Detroit
2003 vs. Ottawa

Favorite Player:

Now: Marty Brodeur, Zach Parise
In the past: Brodeur, Claude Lemieux

Looking foward to new memories during this postseason and next year when Prudential Center Opens
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#2 » by UCF » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:19 pm

Been a devils fan almost all my life. Grew up in Jersey and moved to Florida about 10 years ago and still am a big fan of the team. Favorite player on the team has to be Brodeur, the man is just plain sick in the net.

Been a mod on realgm for a few years now and I'm thrilled they went ahead with adding hockey forums. I've been bugging them about it for quite some time now!

Go Devils!
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:22 am

Good stuff, I hope you can bring a lot to the table, and look foward to talking hockey with you. Also, I didn't know MAS was a Devils fan...
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#4 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:59 am

MazzNets wrote:Good stuff, I hope you can bring a lot to the table, and look foward to talking hockey with you. Also, I didn't know MAS was a Devils fan...

he is not its just that hes like the hockey admin type person s he runs the board that does not have a mod or 2.
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by MazzNets » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:38 pm

I know, just busting some nuts
rigamortoise
Ballboy

Post#6 » by rigamortoise » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 pm

I'm new to the boards in general, so I guess this ought to be a good place to introduce myself.

I was born in Calgary, and have lived in Alberta all my life, and yet somehow I grew to be a Devils fan. And believe me, living in Calgary that hasn't been easy.

All I remember about how I became a Devils fan was cheering for them during the 94-95 playoffs, and once they won the Cup I was hooked. I've taken a lot of heat for my team of choice, but I wear my jerseys with pride and have the retort of 3 Cups to 1 to come back with any time someone starts an argument.

My favorite player would definitely have to be Brodeur, and for former players I really liked Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux.

That's really about all there is to know about me though.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,077

Post#7 » by magik9113 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:56 am

I don't follow hockey as closely as I do the NFL NBA or european soccer, but I still follow more than the common sport fan and I love the (New Jersey) Devils.

and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Gionta!
5-3 Devils!
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by MazzNets » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:29 pm

rigamortoise wrote:I'm new to the boards in general, so I guess this ought to be a good place to introduce myself.

I was born in Calgary, and have lived in Alberta all my life, and yet somehow I grew to be a Devils fan. And believe me, living in Calgary that hasn't been easy.

All I remember about how I became a Devils fan was cheering for them during the 94-95 playoffs, and once they won the Cup I was hooked. I've taken a lot of heat for my team of choice, but I wear my jerseys with pride and have the retort of 3 Cups to 1 to come back with any time someone starts an argument.

My favorite player would definitely have to be Brodeur, and for former players I really liked Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux.

That's really about all there is to know about me though.

Awesome, glad to have you aboard. Good to see there are canadian devils fans, that's great.

Return to New Jersey Devils