Claude Julien Fired

Moderator: Rich Rane

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Claude Julien Fired 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:16 pm

Wow. Where did this come from? That is just an unclassy move from Lamoriello in my opinion. Julien has been doing an excellent job for you guys all season, and he deserves the chance to try and lead you to the cup... not Lou. Ah well. Best of luck to Julien.

http://www.realgmhockey.com/src_wiretap ... re_julien/
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#2 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm shocked at this, I guess he isn't happy that Pittsburgh got in the race. But still this is the 3rd time in recent memory that NJ has made this type of coaching change right before the playoffs
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:32 pm

102 points on the year would piss me off too, what a disgrace.

:crazy:
harding156
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#4 » by harding156 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:26 pm

Definately a head-scratcher. You have to assume there's something we don't know about.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,782

Post#5 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:23 pm

What happened? Julien didn't look like a bad coach.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:29 pm

I've been told it isn't hockey related.

and Lou just said on a NJ radio station that Julien will stay in the organization but "If you knew what I knew then you would do the same thing too"

I just listened to this
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:08 pm

From his radio interview

Lou...

"When you are in my position you know things that other people don't and I have to make my decisions based on that.
I must live up to your responsibility to do what I think is necessary."

"This is not a problem that has just come in the last few games."

"I don't like the direction the team was going in...not ready for playoffs...too relaxed."

"The decision came down to what is right for the New Jersey Devils to have the best chance at success and you make
the move for that reason. It is not personal, it is my responsibility to make the moves that I think will do that."

"Julien will remain in the organization"

"I saw things nobody else did"

"The team was not in right frame of mind."

Courtesy of Hockeybuzz

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6547
MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#8 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:18 am

I thought this was a joke when I heard it. Its really shocking. I could understand the Ftorek firing and even then I was scratching my head. I really hope this move works out, but I feel like anything less than the Cup would be considered a failure, if it wasn't already when Julien was at the helm.

I know Lou didn't see eye to eye with Julien on his defensive system, but with three games left its tough to change a team's style of player. Fortunately, many of these guys know Lou obviously from last year's team and I know they will play for him.

IN LOU WE TRUST!

PS-God, I've been saying this since I became a fan, even more so last offseason and during the trading deadline and now Lou is the coach. Honestly, I love the guy, best GM in hockey if you asked me (oh and I'm biased).
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:33 am

There are a strong group of leaders on the NJ Devils. Players that have a very firm grasp and have done things a certain way for years now to great success. These players in the leadership core were not being allowed to do things the way they do things this year. They were growing frustrated...(I talked to three players today who aren't part of that core, but weren't surprised by the firing..)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6552

There's more if you wanna read on
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:06 am

NO ONE I HATE MORE THAN EKLUND. HAS THIS GUY EVER BEEN RIGHT ON ANYTHING????? I PUT NO STOCK INTO ANYTHING THIS IDIOT SAYS!!!!
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:47 am

MazzNets wrote:NO ONE I HATE MORE THAN EKLUND. HAS THIS GUY EVER BEEN RIGHT ON ANYTHING????? I PUT NO STOCK INTO ANYTHING THIS IDIOT SAYS!!!!

I'm not going to argue with you about Eklund, but there will be no more posts with all caps. Do you understand?
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:59 pm

No problem, also, when I actually read the article Eklund made a lot of sense, for maybe the first ever. Maybe he should continue to write about teams and not about potential trade rumors.

Also, I don't see the problem with all caps, but I'll listen. I think I was just heated over seeing Eklund's name and HockeyBuzz again.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:12 pm

MazzNets wrote:No problem, also, when I actually read the article Eklund made a lot of sense, for maybe the first ever. Maybe he should continue to write about teams and not about potential trade rumors.

Also, I don't see the problem with all caps, but I'll listen. I think I was just heated over seeing Eklund's name and HockeyBuzz again.

You'll be seeing a lot more of it, can't tell you why though
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:28 pm

Not following you MAS sorry.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:25 pm

MazzNets wrote:Not following you MAS sorry.

Don't worry, it'll make sense later

Return to New Jersey Devils