Rangers Clinch!

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,446

Rangers Clinch! 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

With 101 points, and one of the most impressive GA's in the NHL this season the Rangers are going to the playoffs!!!!

Now it becomes and issue of 1st or 4th and playing the Flyers or the Caps/Sabres.

Call me crazy but I would sooner play the Flyers then the Caps and have Ovy all of a sudden start caring.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Paraglock
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#2 » by Paraglock » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Nice to see the Rangers back in the Playoffs....now if they can make it past the first round......
"Life is Tough....Tougher if you are Stupid."
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#3 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I think the odds are pretty good;
If you get the Caps or Sabres you are generally playing an inferior team in most respects, and even if the Pens knock the out the Rangers from the top spot I am of the mindset that Goaltending is the biggest X factor in the playoffs,

And in that regard:

Rangers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flyers
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#4 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 4, 2012 2:44 pm

I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#5 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 4, 2012 5:06 pm

There is still hope for Buffalo, but it looks like it will be the Caps (As I believe they own the tie breaker anyway?)

The Caps are a pretty cold team going 4 - 4 -2 over their last ten; so they are not exactly riding a strongwave into the playoffs wheres the Rangers are 7 - 3- 0

The ONLY concern I have with the Caps is Ovey waking up, but even in that case I tend to agree with you that Henrik has been so good it wont even be an issue.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#6 » by Shemy » Thu Apr 5, 2012 3:21 pm

j4remi wrote:I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.

best case would be for Florida to collapse and lose the 3rd seed to Washington and have Washington climb up and grab the 3rd...despite underachieving I wouldnt want apart of Ovechkin early, and I wouldnt like to face a top Goalie in Brad Miller in the playoffs either
"They scared now"
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#7 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#8 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Shemy wrote:
j4remi wrote:I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.

best case would be for Florida to collapse and lose the 3rd seed to Washington and have Washington climb up and grab the 3rd...despite underachieving I wouldnt want apart of Ovechkin early, and I wouldnt like to face a top Goalie in Brad Miller in the playoffs either

Very true;
Luckily the Rangers fell backend forward into Ottawa
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#9 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:02 pm

j4remi wrote:And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.

I think Ottawa lacks the talent up front to compete with what the Rangers are bringing in net;
This one may be over quick.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#10 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
j4remi wrote:And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.

I think Ottawa lacks the talent up front to compete with what the Rangers are bringing in net;

Yeah, I think this is a good match-up for us though the season series wasn't pretty so I still have a few nerves. I haven't been this excited for a playoff series in a while...I remember being hype for Rangers/Devils (Avery v Brodeur stole the headlines), but not like this.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#11 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 pm

j4remi wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

Yeah, I think this is a good match-up for us though the season series wasn't pretty so I still have a few nerves. I haven't been this excited for a playoff series in a while...I remember being hype for Rangers/Devils (Avery v Brodeur stole the headlines), but not like this.

I think the Sens were ultimately going to win a few here and there;
But I am still pretty confident the Rangers take this one, they just need to give Lundy a big of a break,
Paraglock
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Paraglock » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Well that was a nail-biter....glad they won, now they just need to keep doing it.
"Life is Tough....Tougher if you are Stupid."
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#13 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Utterly and Totally terrible play by the Rangers in general;
Falling assbackwards into the second around against a team that was inferior in everyway, and putting a whole lotta wear on Henrik's tires in the process.

Return to New York Rangers