Starts tomorrow at 7 !
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,489

Re: 2012 Rangers Playoff Thread 

Post#2 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Really excited to see these guys, like I said in the other thread.

A few questions and thoughts going in...

. Kreider has arrived, but will he get a chance and what kind of impact can he have on the squad?

. PP has been a problem all season but it was looking a bit better to close out...how big an impact will the PP have on our post season?

. Can that front line keep it up, Richards was a disappointment to me until he started rolling with Gaby and Hagelin.

. Will Henrik keep it up...I think the answer's yes, but it's worth approaching since he's seemed a bit gassed in other playoffs.

. I'm also hype to watch Callahan and Duby in this postseason. Watching those two, and to a lesser extent Del Zotto, develop through the years has been really fun and I'm pulling for them to have big post seasons.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#3 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I think the PP may hurt them in later rounds, but based on yesterday Ottawa is a team so vastly overwhelmed that this one could be over in 4 or 5.

Henrik lives or dies with how quickly the Rangers can dispatch inferior opponents, The Rangers need to end this series quick, hope for the Flyers in the next round and end that series quick;

If the Rangers can get to the ECF with Henrik only having to play 9 - 10 games they should be in a good position to ride him to the finals.

I am not entirely sure if Chris Kreider seems the ice in any significant games this playoff unless the Rangers find themselves down 0-2 and need a shake up.

Ryan Callahan is a treat to watch; but the Rangers rode him last night to the highest minutes played by a forward and the most shifts played by a forward (on the Rangers anyway)

One thing that seems to be of concern to me is the Rangers and winning faceoffs, it was an ugly night in that regard last night!
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#4 » by Slamm Goodbody » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Same issue in this loss as in the first collapse to Ottawa: If they're not going to come ready to play for 60 minutes they shouldn't come at all. SO FRUSTRATING.
Mardy Collins Superfan
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#5 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Slamm Goodbody wrote:Same issue in this loss as in the first collapse to Ottawa: If they're not going to come ready to play for 60 minutes they shouldn't come at all. SO FRUSTRATING.

I have to agree with that;
Last nights game was brutal, I mean totally f'n brutal.

They walked out of that locker room and took the Sens lightly and got beat.
Henrik is a solid top tier goaltender but if the Rangers expect to go anywhere drawing out early round series is going to burn him out.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#6 » by Morris_Shatford » Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Just put down the Caps already!!!!

Return to New York Rangers