yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm on YES Network

Moderators: Rich Rane, jerseyjac

Post#341 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 am by N Ireland Nets

Ronito wrote:
You do realize Deron has been leading the team in efficiency and the reason why we are 10-2 under PJ and winning right now, right?

DWill's true shooting percentage under P.J. is 57.4%

Not bad. But I think Lopez's TS% of 67.9% might be more efficient.



Game, set & match
Image
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,566
And1: 223
Joined: Feb 8, 2011
Top

Post#342 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 am by vincecarter4pres

DarkXaero wrote:
Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.

Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.

Played keep away from him. That is funny. More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.

Blatche is going to be a better player in the playoffs for us than Brook. Book it.
Wait, are you WR3 from NetsDaily? :lol:

Haha! I was going to ask him the exact same thing the day he introduced himself here.
Image
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 42,745
And1: 637
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Raps in 4.
Top

Post#343 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am by Glory Road

Ronito wrote:How is Melo an elite scorer by your definition? That doesn't add up.


He can go off on anyone at any given moment. Lebron called him the most unguardable player in the league
Glory Road
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 6, 2013
Top

Post#344 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am by jeff1624

Glory Road wrote:
To me you cannot be considered an elite scorer unless you can get the ball and get your points on ANYONE


jeff1624 wrote:That's exactly why Brook will never lead the league in scoring in the paint... oh wait.


He leads the league in points in the paint... I don't know how a guy that can't score on good post defenders be tops in that category.

He's an elite scorer for his position. He isn't on Durant, Lebron's etc level obviously, but for the Center position he is top 3 and arguably #1.


glory road wrote:We are discussing the playoffs here.


Oh.. now we're talking playoffs. Yeah, lets just disregard what Lopez is doing this season because it doesn't fit in with your inane argument, one you can't even back up.

Centers that are locks to be in the playoffs in the east:

Miami - Bosh - Not worried about his post defense... at all.

Celtics - Garnett -Has outscored him in 2 of the 3 games they've played this season. He only played 17 min because of foul trouble in the only game Garnett outscored him.

Pacers - Hibbert Just outplayed him badly a week ago even though he always struggles against him. Got Hibbert in foul trouble and dominated the 4th quarter.

Bulls - Noah - Has outplayed him in head to head match ups his entire career. Scored 18 in 25 min while Noah played 42, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Noah guarded him on most of Lopez's possessions.

Hawks - Horford - Just had 22 against him on Wednesday.

Knicks - Chandler - Has outplayed him in head to head match ups his entire career.


The only player he struggles against is Hibbert, but for you to say that he struggles against every good defender is just false... and I have yet to see you back that up.
jeff1624


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 23,736
And1: 645
Joined: Jan 18, 2005
Location: NYC
Top

Post#345 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 am by Glory Road

vincecarter4pres wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.

Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.

Played keep away from him. That is funny. More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.

Blatche is going to be a better player in the playoffs for us than Brook. Book it.
Wait, are you WR3 from NetsDaily? :lol:

Haha! I was going to ask him the exact same thing the day he introduced himself here.


Am i missing a joke here guys?
Glory Road
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 6, 2013
Top

Post#346 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 am by vincecarter4pres

Glory Road wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.

Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.

Played keep away from him. That is funny. More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.

Blatche is going to be a better player in the playoffs for us than Brook. Book it.
Wait, are you WR3 from NetsDaily? :lol:


Same name as here i had there

Were you banned twice on NetsDaily?
Image
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 42,745
And1: 637
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Raps in 4.
Top

Post#347 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 am by vincecarter4pres

Glory Road wrote:
Ronito wrote:How is Melo an elite scorer by your definition? That doesn't add up.


He can go off on anyone at any given moment. Lebron called him the most unguardable player in the league

Jesus guy, this is so anecdotal and ridiculous to cite as actual evidence, you know this right?

Like when Jordan said Mitch Richmond was the toughest player he ever matched up against. For serious?
Image
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 42,745
And1: 637
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Raps in 4.
Top

Post#348 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 am by NjNeTs1029

What center in the playoffs are we supposed to be terrified of? Lopez has been our best player this year, he'll be fine.
NjNeTs1029


Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,401
And1: 95
Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Top

Post#349 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am by Paradise

You all do realize there is a huge difference to playoffs and regular season play, right?...

Ronito wrote:
You do realize Deron has been leading the team in efficiency and the reason why we are 10-2 under PJ and winning right now, right?

DWill's true shooting percentage under P.J. is 57.4%

Not bad. But I think Lopez's TS% of 67.9% might be more efficient.

And who do you think is the reason why he shoots it at 67%? Deron being used properly and creating his own offensive properly creates Lopez to open the floor.

At the end of the day, Lopez's numbers are inflated by Deron...which is the purpose of a franchise player....Which is how he is playing regardless of his jumpshot right now which is 20x better than a few months ago.
Paradise



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,592
And1: 1,563
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: NYC
Top

Post#350 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 am by Hello Brooklyn

Went to the game tonight.

A few comments

PJ's rotations were God awful. He put in CJ way too long, IDK why he goes for long stretches with the bench and Joe Johnson I hate that lineup it sucks. I also think Reggie Evans should not be starting anymore. His rebounding is great but I think Humphries is needed for his superior offense and defense.

The crowd was AMAZING. The place was literally packed and loud the entire time. I loved it.

Lopez needs to get more touches. There were too many passes to Reggie and dumb 3s.

Lastly, I love that we found a way to win. This team has really wound a motor in it and looks like it knows how to win games now,
Image
Hello Brooklyn



Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,388
And1: 267
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Top

Post#351 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 am by Hello Brooklyn

As far as your guy's Lopez argument, Lopez WAS getting position and CALLING for the ball and not getting it the whole first half and at times in the second half.

I was at the game and I physically saw Lopez calling for the ball only to see Joe Johnson take a dumb shot or Deron make a dumb pass. It happened time and time again.

Our offense NEEDS to go through Lopez. Give him the ball and make him score in the post until someone wants to do something about it. Then this will open up spacing for Johnson and Deron to get better looks.

That is when we play our best. Avery never got that. PJ kind of gets it, but not enough.
Image
Hello Brooklyn



Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,388
And1: 267
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Top

Post#352 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 am by MrDollarBills

Wait...Lopez has been the most important cog on this team all season long and has frankly been one of the best big men in the NBA PERIOD this season...why is someone trying to kick dirt on him?

I'm more upset that we're not in 2nd place overall. Keep your eyes on the ball, gentlemen.

That was a tough game last night. Atlanta isn't a team I want to play in the first round.

I love our center combo. I hope King and Marks already have a plan in place to retain Blatche's services because that kid is a legit baller when his mind is in the right place. I love the versatility, it's a shame we can't play him and Brook at the same time.
MrDollarBills



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,050
And1: 713
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
Top

Post#353 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 am by MrDollarBills

Hello Brooklyn wrote:As far as your guy's Lopez argument, Lopez WAS getting position and CALLING for the ball and not getting it the whole first half and at times in the second half.

I was at the game and I physically saw Lopez calling for the ball only to see Joe Johnson take a dumb shot or Deron make a dumb pass. It happened time and time again.

Our offense NEEDS to go through Lopez. Give him the ball and make him score in the post until someone wants to do something about it. Then this will open up spacing for Johnson and Deron to get better looks.

That is when we play our best. Avery never got that. PJ kind of gets it, but not enough.


I frankly think that Brook is more effective when he gets the ball on the move. He can't be defended in catch and shoot situations going towards the rim.
MrDollarBills



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,050
And1: 713
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
Top

Post#354 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 am by Sharcm1

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:As far as your guy's Lopez argument, Lopez WAS getting position and CALLING for the ball and not getting it the whole first half and at times in the second half.

I was at the game and I physically saw Lopez calling for the ball only to see Joe Johnson take a dumb shot or Deron make a dumb pass. It happened time and time again.

Our offense NEEDS to go through Lopez. Give him the ball and make him score in the post until someone wants to do something about it. Then this will open up spacing for Johnson and Deron to get better looks.

That is when we play our best. Avery never got that. PJ kind of gets it, but not enough.


I frankly think that Brook is more effective when he gets the ball on the move. He can't be defended in catch and shoot situations going towards the rim.



I think he is effective in both situations. He needs to get some easy shots so the on the move shots that are usually free because of penetration are great to get him easy shots. But he also needs to be in the post. There is no reason not to post him up the majority of the time. That is the major problem I have with this offense. He doesn't get the ball in the post enough and when they finally do run a play for him to get the ball in the post either they give up getting it to him too easy or it takes so long for him to get it the clock has run down. It is actually surprising he does so well with it anyway.

It's amazing he scores the way he does with not getting the touches he should get. Hopefully this offense will change in the off season so lopez doesn't have the same stupid play run for him. It takes them at lease 10 second of the shot clock to get him the ball in the post and that's when there is no pressure on the entrance pass. Most of the time he gets it too late or doesn't get it at all because the passers are afraid to throw the pass.
Sharcm1
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,631
And1: 54
Joined: Jun 14, 2002
Top

Post#355 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 am by CalamityX12

I never doubted this game...

Ryan Ruocco was doing the game, he's undefeated throughout the season.
#FREE99

Please Fire Billy King!!!!
CalamityX12





Veteran
Posts: 2,501
And1: 155
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Top

Post#356 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 am by therealbig3

The thing with Lopez is that against guys like Zaza frikin Pachulia and a smaller Josh Smith, it's inexcusable that we refuse to go to him down low in the post, especially when we only made a mini-run in the last game when we decided to use him.

But as others have pointed out, guys with legitimate length and size to bother Lopez can give him serious issues, such as Hibbert (was shutting down Lopez until he stepped out and started hitting midrange jumpers), Chandler (imo, Chandler's embarrassed him both times they've played), Noah (I don't think Brook played well in their last matchup), and Garnett (Lopez was awesome in the first matchup, but a lot of his baskets came off D-Will's creation; in the last 2 matchups, he's been held in check). But there's a consistent theme here: these are the ELITE defenders in the league, some of the best post defenders around. So yeah, against these guys, he has trouble scoring in the post on ISOs, but so does everyone else in the NBA.

In those situations, it's a coaching issue. It's up to the coach to recognize matchups that Lopez can exploit. Against anyone but the very best, you can give the ball to Lopez and expect him to do reasonably well. In situations like the upcoming Knicks game, where he'll be going up against the defending DPOY who has had Lopez's number the last two times they've played, while Deron is going to be guarded by old-ass Kidd and old-ass Prigioni, the offense should not revolve around Lopez in the post and should be kept in Deron's hands. Give Lopez some touches if he's switched onto by Stat, or if Chandler is in potential foul trouble and can't be as aggressive, but other than that, use him as a finisher. I agree that when he's on the move and gets the ball in a position to score, he's at his best.
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 3,280
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Top

Post#357 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 am by macgyver893

CalamityX12 wrote:I never doubted this game...

Ryan Ruocco was doing the game, he's undefeated throughout the season.

Haha is he really? Maybe we should start Ruocco over Lopez then...?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
macgyver893



Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,397
And1: 180
Joined: Feb 18, 2012
Location: Right off I95
Top

Post#358 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 am by PetroNet

Glory Road wrote:
Where did i say it does not count. This is going back to the conversation i was having earlier. Brook disappears in games vs physical bigs


it says it in the part where you say "most of those points didnt come on post ups". if that doesnt imply that non-post ups are less credible in your eyes then i dont know why you would mention it...

second, the statement is completely wrong anyhow, as half his FG attempts came on post ups, and the majority came in the paint(where he leads the NBA in scoring by the way). As far as him "disappearing against physical bigs" he actually does his best and bigger stronger guys, as he is too quick and skilled for them. hell he dropped 20 on 12 shot attempts without even touching the ball for most of the game. when we went to him in the 4th, he dominated, fouled out zaza, and made a parade to the FT line.
if Lopez could get his as he please why did they not post him up at all today except like once. Stop being a box score jockey and actually pay attention to the games kid


first of all, unless your my dad, or my wife getting kinky, dont call me "kid" :lol:

second, i was posting here all game why watching it. forget the box scores, everyone who observed this game witnessed and said the exact same things"

- 1st quarter "glad we are feeding brook, already got the hawks in the penalty and zaza in foul trouble"
- 2nd quarter "why are we ignore JJ and brook in the post when it worked early
- 3rd quarter "why is PJ not going to brook???!!?!?
- 4th quarter "finally, we went back to brook, got them in the bonus early again, and have taken a nice lead.. brook with 11 in the quarter"
Brook does not fight for position enough and tonight was just another example. if he could get his points as he pleased we would not have struggled so bad vs the Hawks


you dont need to fight for position when you are already starting at the low block. you also dont need to fight for it when you can face up and go by your man at will. which lopez did both of all game. as far as "not scoring at will" what would you call 20 points on 7/11 FGA? struggling to put it in the hoop? :roll:
Crazy thing is Zaza is not even that great. he is just physical. What happens when Brook meets the real big boys in a 7 game series? You think he is gonna keep getting those ticky tack fouls in the playoffs?


1) you bash brook the past 2 games saying Zaza has taken him out of his game... yet he abused him both nights on the offensive end. if a stranger read your posts they would think he combined to score 18 points in both games on 40% shooting

2) he will continue to get those fouls, like he has all year, because he goes to the rim and gets a ton of shots off in the paint and bigger stronger players can keep up with him or his skill.
PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

Post#359 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 am by PetroNet

Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.


he isnt? it seems like his entire career he has been getting the ball iso down low and scoring on his man. but hey, whats 4 years of evidence vs. your biased opinion, right :roll:
Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.


right, cause the league has some huge conspiracy where they give lopez 8 or 10 trips to the FT line on phantom calls and in the playoffs they will stop said conspiracy. its not like lopez gets hacked all the time after getting the defender off balance or in a bad spot.

lopez also NEVER makes shots, 90% of his points come on FTA :roll: :roll:

More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.


"botch it like last game"?

"last game"

22 points on 10-14 shooting (only 2 points on phantom call free throws!) and 9 rebounds.

maybe by "botching it" you meant all the turnovers he had... because he did have 1 turnover. :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh i forgot, stats dont matter. of brooks 22 points, 20 came on 20 foot jumpers set up by teammates and the other 2 were on ft's from phantom league conspiracy calls... but im sure the shot chart will reflect this. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

Post#360 Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 am by PetroNet

Paradise wrote:
Lopez has controlled the game maybe once or twice in those games. When he's able to string together dominating performances against the same team this season, I'll start to have more faith but in a situation where 7 games he will have to be guarded by KG, Chandler, Noah, Bosh does not excite me at all unless Joe is hot, Deron is hot and they are able to get him easy pick and rolls.


Lopez combined numbers against those Teams/Players this season:
[Bos x3, NYK x2, Mia x1, Chi x1]

16.1 Points
8.9 Rebounds
51% FG Percentage
1.0 Turnovers
2.2 Blocks

He has done pretty well against those teams... other then a bad showing in miami very early on (8 points 7 rebounds on 4-8 shooting) in a game we got blown out in and no one played well, he has been excellent vs those teams.
PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Brooklyn Nets


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deepblueday, F3LON