Glory Road wrote:
Where did i say it does not count. This is going back to the conversation i was having earlier. Brook disappears in games vs physical bigs
it says it in the part where you say "most of those points didnt come on post ups". if that doesnt imply that non-post ups are less credible in your eyes then i dont know why you would mention it...
second, the statement is completely wrong anyhow, as half his FG attempts came on post ups, and the majority came in the paint(where he leads the NBA in scoring by the way). As far as him "disappearing against physical bigs" he actually does his best and bigger stronger guys, as he is too quick and skilled for them. hell he dropped 20 on 12 shot attempts without even touching the ball for most of the game. when we went to him in the 4th, he dominated, fouled out zaza, and made a parade to the FT line.
if Lopez could get his as he please why did they not post him up at all today except like once. Stop being a box score jockey and actually pay attention to the games kid
first of all, unless your my dad, or my wife getting kinky, dont call me "kid"
second, i was posting here all game why watching it. forget the box scores, everyone who observed this game witnessed and said the exact same things"
- 1st quarter "glad we are feeding brook, already got the hawks in the penalty and zaza in foul trouble"
- 2nd quarter "why are we ignore JJ and brook in the post when it worked early
- 3rd quarter "why is PJ not going to brook???!!?!?
- 4th quarter "finally, we went back to brook, got them in the bonus early again, and have taken a nice lead.. brook with 11 in the quarter"
Brook does not fight for position enough and tonight was just another example. if he could get his points as he pleased we would not have struggled so bad vs the Hawks
you dont need to fight for position when you are already starting at the low block. you also dont need to fight for it when you can face up and go by your man at will. which lopez did both of all game. as far as "not scoring at will" what would you call 20 points on 7/11 FGA? struggling to put it in the hoop?
Crazy thing is Zaza is not even that great. he is just physical. What happens when Brook meets the real big boys in a 7 game series? You think he is gonna keep getting those ticky tack fouls in the playoffs?
1) you bash brook the past 2 games saying Zaza has taken him out of his game... yet he abused him both nights on the offensive end. if a stranger read your posts they would think he combined to score 18 points in both games on 40% shooting
2) he will continue to get those fouls, like he has all year, because he goes to the rim and gets a ton of shots off in the paint and bigger stronger players can keep up with him or his skill.