ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Blazers

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

xam2k7
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Nets @ Blazers 

Post#81 » by xam2k7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Honestly, a Brook/LMA frontcourt probably would have been pretty exciting.

I wonder if they would have meshed though, they're actually pretty similar players, Aldridge is just less stiff and more athletic.

trade chauncey and 2 of our remaining 3 first rounders for LMA and draft kyrie with the protected one and next year its:

Kyrie
Rip
Melo
LMA
Brooooook

instant 'ship
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#82 » by treiz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:48 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I'm bout to get lit up for this, but I never really got into many RPG's.

Try one if you ever catch yourself with some time. Try the still often praised Final Fantasy VII. It's $10 on PSN or try getting it to work on PSX.

8 Mile Ilic wrote:What the hell is going on in this thread... It's all about the Pokemons.

Back in my day, there were 151. I'm not going to go after 400 more. Reshiram and Zekrom (mascots for Black & White) look pretty cool though.

im with you on this... my video games consist of nba live every year until 2k11, madden every year and mvp baseball until it was discontinued replaced by mlb the show with the occasional nhl and fifa by EA

- RPG's suck nowadays...
- I <3 MVP baseball 2005
- Nintendo never created the 3D pokemon game I craved when I was younger.
- I've never played FFVII

Runs away

You better run!

But I agree with all the other 3 points.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,319

Post#83 » by Infinite Llamas » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Fellow Atlantic divisioners, I just have one thing to add to this:

Earthbound (Mother 2) is the greatest RPG ever.

SNES had so many awesome RPGs. While I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Earthbound, there was also Final Fantasy IV (II here in North America), Final Fantasy VI (III here), Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG. I also hear Soul Blazer was something to play as was Shadowrun.

jzmagik wrote:Your friends are on some other ish. I loved both X-2 and XIII.

Hey, I'd test it out for myself, but I almost never have time for video games, especially RPGs. Hell, I only beat Fallout 3 a couple months back.

You're dead on about SNES and great RPG's. Craziest thing was that these things weren't cheap in the mid-90's either. I remember that Final Fantasy 3 cost a little over $70 back in the day. I remember that Earthbound came in a big box with a strategy guide included. That boxed set usually sells $500+ in today's market. Mid 90's were without a doubt the golden years for RPG's...in my opinion at least. So many great titles...
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#84 » by Shem » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:27 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Talentfull wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Harris almost single handedly submarining this game for us.

He's already gone even if he's still wearing a Nets jersey.

Yup, he's the guy that's been affected the most by this whole thing. I feel for him too because he actually wanted to be here.Regardless I think the damage is done and whether or not the Melo trade goes through...Harris is gone.

Absolutely.

It would be amazing if we could get Batum or Roddy Buckets for him, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not going to happen:

Trail Blazers general manager Rich Cho on Thursday said that across the NBA Nicolas Batum garners as much trade interest as any other player on the Trail Blazers.

But as the league's Feb. 24 trading deadline nears, the organizational stance from Cho down to coach Nate McMillan makes it sound like the chances the Blazers trade their 22-year-old small forward are close to slim and none.

"That kid, he's 22, and you know, you have to ask, is he untouchable?" Blazers coach Nate McMillan said Thursday. "And yeah, I think he is. That's an organizational decision, but a young talent like that, you can't ... they won't ... we won't (trade Batum). But he is definitely a very attractive player for a lot of teams."

Read more here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index ... t_any.html
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#85 » by jzmagik » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Fellow Atlantic divisioners, I just have one thing to add to this:

Earthbound (Mother 2) is the greatest RPG ever.

SNES had so many awesome RPGs. While I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Earthbound, there was also Final Fantasy IV (II here in North America), Final Fantasy VI (III here), Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG. I also hear Soul Blazer was something to play as was Shadowrun.

jzmagik wrote:Your friends are on some other ish. I loved both X-2 and XIII.

Hey, I'd test it out for myself, but I almost never have time for video games, especially RPGs. Hell, I only beat Fallout 3 a couple months back.

I'd try to make room for XIII, seriously that game will blow you away.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#86 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 am

Shem wrote:Not going to happen:

Trail Blazers general manager Rich Cho on Thursday said that across the NBA Nicolas Batum garners as much trade interest as any other player on the Trail Blazers.

But as the league's Feb. 24 trading deadline nears, the organizational stance from Cho down to coach Nate McMillan makes it sound like the chances the Blazers trade their 22-year-old small forward are close to slim and none.

"That kid, he's 22, and you know, you have to ask, is he untouchable?" Blazers coach Nate McMillan said Thursday. "And yeah, I think he is. That's an organizational decision, but a young talent like that, you can't ... they won't ... we won't (trade Batum). But he is definitely a very attractive player for a lot of teams."

Read more here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index ... t_any.html

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets