DarkXaero wrote:Where is DWOTG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

after Mirza's next 1-8 fg 2 rebound performance he'll show up
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Teletovic Thread 

Post#203 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Hopefully kidd settles in on mirza one way or another... all this is meaningless if brook comes back and mirza gets 3 straight DNPs. keep playing him or trade him. this back and forth stuff helps no one
uncas
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#204 » by uncas » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

Paging mr. DWOTG. Can you please come out where ever you are:cool:

Sent from my GT-I9100
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Well, with Brook gone, I say that it's time for Mirza to start at PF, and move KG to C. Keep Blatche with the 2nd unit.

The spacing will be excellent, at the very least.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#206 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 am

I gotta hand it to him. I've been hard on him but the guy produces when he gets big minutes.

At Philly: 18 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 6/11 from 3 in 32 minutes
-
Vs Philly: 11 points, 5 rebounds, , 4/8 from the field in 26 minutes
-
Vs Detroit: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 5/6 from 3 in 23 minutes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKnahLzYEfc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZZglaYrXY[/youtube]
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#207 » by DarkXaero » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:40 am

His problem is consistency. When his shot is on, he can change games with his 3 point shooting & spacing, but when it's off, he doesn't do much else. I like that his defense has gotten better and that his rebounding looks improved as well. Still makes mistakes with regularity but it's improving with playing time. Confidence is crucial for a player like him.
_dreamer_
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#208 » by _dreamer_ » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:56 am

As you said, the cosistency comes with playing time. So as confidence. He didn't have either of them in his rookie season. Of course, it was partially his fault, but it was also due to the bad coaching.

He is getting his confidence slowly back. Look how he has played since he was a part of the rotation, look at the stats and you will see that they are actually quite good. Thus I wouldn't say that he is so inconsistent. My guess is that the more he plays the better he'll be. I am not quite sure what his ceiling is, but I know that he can still improve. TIme will tell.

And even when he is having a slow start in the game, he is still a threat on the court and most of the teams will respect his ability to shoot. That is why I think that the opposition won't leave him on purpose open because they know what he can do. Who wants to wake up the sleeping bear, right? I have seen so many games from him where he had like 1/6 from the downtown, and all of a sudden he would go crazy in the last quarter and hit 4 or 5 straight threes. I know that he doesn't have the luxury to do such things in this team, but my point is that he can get hot anytime. That is why he is always a threat. What I want to say is that he will provide spacing even if he is having a bad shooting night.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#209 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Spacing is what he brings. I said it all last season. even when he doesn't hit his shot the offense is much better when he is on the floor. even if he scores no points. He allows the spacing. He allows dwill and pierce to get easier looks when they pick and pop because the player guarding mirza has to stay with him.

and his defense is much improved. He is actually a decent one on one defender and he rebounds well. It's his help d he needs to work on. but he is quicker than he looks on defense and moves him feet well.

He has also kept the team in games recently.where without him they would have gotten blown out. when his feet are set its almost automatic right now. Play him until he falls down.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#210 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I'd like to see him starting with KG at the 5 now that Lopez is out.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#211 » by Antti22 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:10 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'd like to see him starting with KG at the 5 now that Lopez is out.

I believe that this is the thing most of us are hoping for.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#212 » by Paradise » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:40 pm

He's averaging 15 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists on .549 TS% per 36 minutes as a starter in the last 4 games. He really needs to start full time already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l98kja3ydQ4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87a1cVc2fxA[/youtube]
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 669
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#213 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:56 am

Teletovic is starting to look like a basketball player.
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#214 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 am

He's developing a really well rounded offensive game. He can't really put the ball on the floor but he can score in transition, off cuts and from three really well. I heard some comparisons to Chandler Parsons and while I didn't agree at first, the way he's developing I see it. Being white kinda helps I guess :dontknow:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#215 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am

This guy has been the only player worth a god damn this entire season solely based on his development.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#216 » by N Ireland Nets » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:This guy has been the only player worth a god damn this entire season solely based on his development.

We're so badly coached it drives me crazy.

When you watch the game, Teletovic is one of the only players on the roster who actually cuts to the basket. Such a simple thing that nobody at all does. Tele gets good looks around the basket as well because of it.

You'll see D Will look for him while the others stand completely still around the perimeter.

Our systems are a joke
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#217 » by DarkXaero » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:He's developing a really well rounded offensive game. He can't really put the ball on the floor but he can score in transition, off cuts and from three really well. I heard some comparisons to Chandler Parsons and while I didn't agree at first, the way he's developing I see it. Being white kinda helps I guess :dontknow:
Developing? He has had this game for a long time, we're only now seeing it because he is getting his chances. Even now, there's more to it than what he is showing us right now. He never shoots any mid range jumpers, and he never posts up (all on coaching really).
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#218 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:He's developing a really well rounded offensive game. He can't really put the ball on the floor but he can score in transition, off cuts and from three really well. I heard some comparisons to Chandler Parsons and while I didn't agree at first, the way he's developing I see it. Being white kinda helps I guess :dontknow:
Developing? He has had this game for a long time, we're only now seeing it because he is getting his chances. Even now, there's more to it than what he is showing us right now. He never shoots any mid range jumpers, and he never posts up (all on coaching really).

Mirza hasn't developed? C'mon now. He's a far better shooter and defender than before.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#219 » by MGrand15 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Mirza hasn't developed? C'mon now. He's a far better shooter and defender than before.

You think at the ripe age of 28 Teletovic became a much better shooter over night? No. He was finally given a chance and he's finally play for a coach that understands the value of a stretch 4. PJC and Avery thought if he wasn't making 50% of his 3s, he was useless out there. Not really understanding that having a PF that brings out the opposing PF out of the paint + passes the ball well is a GIANT plus on offense. Instead of giving him 15-25 minutes to get in the flow of the game, they yanked him if he wasn't hot immediately. Of course, they didn't reward him with more PT when he did play well.

So no. Mirza's awareness has gotten a tiny bit better on defense but this is the same guy we had last year.
BK nets BK
Sixth Man
And1: 605

Post#220 » by BK nets BK » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Lol at per 36 stats. So useless

Sent from my LG-G2 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Brooklyn Nets