ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA Game Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Re: Official NBA Game Thread 

Post#81 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 am

I take back what I said in the other thread about Portland, they're pretty awful.

They don't know how to close out games, to win, maybe a bit too young and their bench is terrible.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#82 » by jeff1624 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:33 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I take back what I said in the other thread about Portland, they're pretty awful.

They don't know how to close out games, to win, maybe a bit too young and their bench is terrible.

Yeah... that Bench is just awful. I mean Ronnie Price is practically their 6th man.

There are so many terrible benches right now: Portland, Orlando, Houston, Toronto, Lakers... just to name a few, that we'll win a lot of games despite the inconsistency of our starters because of our surprisingly strong bench.
Dat Leadership
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#83 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah those are all bad benches, especially Portland and the Lakers who are just horrific.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#84 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Yeah those are all bad benches, especially Portland and the Lakers who are just horrific.

+/- 30 games before LMA wants out? :P
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#85 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Yeah those are all bad benches, especially Portland and the Lakers who are just horrific.

I don't know if you've watched Portland much this year, but man is he balling.

He's taking waaaaaaay too many jumpers and his rebounding has been meh as always, but his passing and poise has been so sick. His defense has been mainly excellent as well for a guy forced to play so many silly minutes.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#86 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

I don't know if you've watched Portland much this year, but man is he balling.

He's taking waaaaaaay too many jumpers and his rebounding has been meh as always, but his passing and poise has been so sick. His defense has been mainly excellent as well for a guy forced to play so many silly minutes.

Which usually how trade requests start.

1 player is balling but its' not translating to wins.

Again, +/- 30 lol?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#87 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Which usually how trade requests start.

1 player is balling but its' not translating to wins.

Again, +/- 30 lol?

Sad to say, but I'm going over. I'm not as optimistic as Portland fans, who mainly think he is fully OK with a multi-year rebuild just because he said it once or twice in offseason interviews, but I don't think he's the type to make any noise til the season is over.

That could work well for us though.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#88 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 am

Pop being Pop and TD being TD. Gotta love it.

Oh and a Lakers loss. Great!
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#89 » by N Ireland Nets » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Pop being Pop and TD being TD. Gotta love it.

Great game.

I fancy our chances against the Lakers with our bench giving us a huge advantage over them
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#90 » by N Ireland Nets » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Pop being Pop and TD being TD. Gotta love it.

Great game.

I fancy our chances against the Lakers with our bench giving us a huge advantage over them
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#91 » by therealbig3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 am

And Howard's flaws were really on display in that game. He's someone who really needs someone to spoon feed him on offense, not someone like Kobe.

Duncan is a shell of himself on either end of the court at this point, and he put up 18/9/4 with 4 blocks and 0 TOs on Dwight/Gasol. On defense, he helped force Dwight into 13/15/1 with 3 blocks and 6 TOs. Dwight is just not someone who can be the focal point of an offense.

However...man, Kobe's been impressive. He's playing his smartest basketball since the 08 season. Using his incredible skillset to pick his spots in the offense rather than force up low IQ, low percentage shots, and he's shooting incredible percentages as a result. Really letting the offense come to him, and he's getting others involved. He's been the lone bright spot for the Lakers so far.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#92 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 am

Well, Howard is clearly still not healthy. Now, the presumption is that his back will get stronger and I think it will but he's playing a like a pretty good player, but not a superstar and definitely not the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league. Howard's flaws are amplified because of his injury, since his game is really predicated on mobility.

Ironically, I think the Lakers might be suffering from having "too many options" on the floor at the same time. Right now, the Lakers look really uncertain on offense. They have so many go-to options that it seems like they're just questioning whether to consistently go to one over the other.

And I gotta agree on Kobe. I think he's benefiting the most from having Howard on the team in the same way Wade benefited from LBJ on the team. Yes, Howard is injured but everyone still pays a ton of attention to him. Kobe is picking his spots to attack and is not forced to take the crappy shots that we're so used to seeing him take.
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#93 » by jerseyjac » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Well, Howard is clearly still not healthy. Now, the presumption is that his back will get stronger and I think it will but he's playing a like a pretty good player, but not a superstar and definitely not the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league. Howard's flaws are amplified because of his injury, since his game is really predicated on mobility.

Ironically, I think the Lakers might be suffering from having "too many options" on the floor at the same time. Right now, the Lakers look really uncertain on offense. They have so many go-to options that it seems like they're just questioning whether to consistently go to one over the other.

And I gotta agree on Kobe. I think he's benefiting the most from having Howard on the team in the same way Wade benefited from LBJ on the team. Yes, Howard is injured but everyone still pays a ton of attention to him. Kobe is picking his spots to attack and is not forced to take the crappy shots that we're so used to seeing him take.

Howard is probably 85% back at best I don't care what anyone says...a couple more weeks and you'll see a better player...However, the Lakers are going through the same thing we are to a certain extent, the same thing the Heat went through, the same thing any NBA team goes through when you insert another superstar into a lineup and they literally are trying to mesh, gel and find that team chemistry...

I'm really curious where D'Antoni puts them...on paper there should be no problem how this things fits together offensively...they obviously have to execute that game plan, which I am interested to see...Brown's Princeton offense was a good thought, but I think they needed to mix in some triangle and it would of been better...

Get them to play some defense especially down the stretch which Howard needs to anchor and they should be there competing for the West...

Their biggest obstacle is avoiding injuries not an easy task with this team...Kobe will only start to wear more and more as the season goes on unless he finds a way to conserve a bit later in the year (again avoid any significant injury) and find a better fountain of youth...his body at the end of last year looked exactly like it should with that many miles on it...Nash, Howard and Pau are supposed to help alleviate the Jordan role he plays w/ the Lakers...if he is able to leave more in the tank for the playoffs, the Lakers only have a better chance...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#94 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah, even the Lakers announcers were commenting on the fact that Kobe needs to get more rest. He can't keep logging these minutes and expect to be great in the end. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#95 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Well, Howard is clearly still not healthy. Now, the presumption is that his back will get stronger and I think it will but he's playing a like a pretty good player, but not a superstar and definitely not the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league. Howard's flaws are amplified because of his injury, since his game is really predicated on mobility.

They should trade us Pau for Hump/Tele/MarShon. We extend him for a year or two and go to war, then make a run at the big names in 2014 haha.

Pau is still a baller, I don't care what people say about him and he looks as mobile as ever with fine endurance levels.

Still a top 25ish player and I wouldn't doubt you make him a slightly more focal point but with a better point guard(Deron obv) in place of Kobe's ball dominance and he would suddenly be making a lot of people's top 10 to 15 lists.
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#96 » by jerseyjac » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

They should trade us Pau for Hump/Tele/MarShon. We extend him for a year or two and go to war, then make a run at the big names in 2014 haha.

Pau is still a baller, I don't care what people say about him and he looks as mobile as ever with fine endurance levels.

Still a top 25ish player and I wouldn't doubt you make him a slightly more focal point but with a better point guard(Deron obv) in place of Kobe's ball dominance and he would suddenly be making a lot of people's top 10 to 15 lists.

And he is under utilized by the Lakers...
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#97 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

I said from Day 1, Philly and Indiana got worse but boy they both look awful. Philly on their way to 4-4 and Indiana looking at a 3-6 start. The Sixers swapped Iggy's defense and fastbreak scoring for a injury prone big man who wasn't proven as a 1st option, Dorell Wright isn't a defender, J-Rich is streaky and doesn't defend, Nick Young is still Nick Young. They took a huge leap of faith there.

Indiana IMO wasn't going to be a Top 3 team at all this season anyhow but that Collison trade sealed it. They overate Paul George too much, he isn't ready for the hype he gets and boy I was right. I'm glad Lopez is earning his contract with 17ppg, 7 rebounds, 20PER...while Hibbert can't even dominate as a 1st option against sub par teams on their schedule.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#98 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:22 am

Collison sucks. They're missing Granger big time and Hibbert is playing like a complete bag of balls.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#99 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:They should trade us Pau for Hump/Tele/MarShon. We extend him for a year or two and go to war, then make a run at the big names in 2014 haha.

But why would LA do that?

If Kupchak gets on the phone with BK, I expect D-Will and Lopez sent out for Steve Blake and Jodie Meeks lol.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#100 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 am

Oh and I'll just keep mentioning the Clippers until they get the recognition they deserve. And they're not even healthy yet lol.

Return to Brooklyn Nets