ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Brook Lopez Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Official Brook Lopez Thread 

Post#1441 » by Paradise » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:40 pm

I don't think it would take Brook long to start making threes. His range extends to about near the three point line on a consistent basis. His form is good as well.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/cXvtpMNXLoo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_22kKBudv00[/youtube]

It's an idea that is critical to the brand of basketball that is being implemented. Brook shooting threes creates space for the slasher (RHJ) and cutters (Lin, SK, etc) to operate.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/KjdaNqG_kRk[/youtube]

Look at the spacing when Hawes was on the floor in most of these highlights. That's the benefit of Brook expanding his offense. Especially, if he becomes a consistent threat.

This is the type of basketball that Sean Marks wants to implement.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/FQEqXOiMvVM[/youtube]

The first principle in doing that would be to develop everyone into a reliable offensive threat inside and out. I think it's great that our current cornerstones in Lin/Lopez are both working on becoming efficient from the three point line.

It shows the growth in our organization. The results remain to be seen but I'm glad we actually see a plan. I felt like King and Hollins talked up the idea of Brook shooting threes but never cared for it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#1442 » by jbeachboy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:20 pm

brook shooting threes is a weakness, you dont want him doing that. he isnt some athletic center who does this. he shoots flat footed and struggled at it.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1443 » by steady » Mon Oct 3, 2016 3:18 pm

Just wanted to express admiration and appreciation for Brook's chill and laid back attitude.

Bennett said about the team recently how there were no big egos and how chill they were, and how great that is and this is the first time he's seen that. After checking in briefly to the soap operas going on with self proclaimed Super team across the Bridge - I was reminded what a notable feature it is over here how non ego based and how loose and relaxed - with passion and intensity but also camaraderie and lightness - the Nets chemistry and forming team identity seems to be.

And Brook's a big part of that. I knew Jeremy would want that bc that's his make up. But it only works if Brook is on that same beat.

With all the last in the League predictions the guys seem genuinely happy to be here and forming positive bonds -- there's a lot to appreciate just in that.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1444 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:24 pm

jbeachboy wrote:brook shooting threes is a weakness, you dont want him doing that. he isnt some athletic center who does this. he shoots flat footed and struggled at it.

No... brook shooting longs 2's is a weakness. as its a low efficiency shot even at his percenatage and doesnt create space cause teams let him shoot it.

shooting 3s wont be a strength, but it is a huge improvement if he can turn those long twos into threes. as i showed a few pages back, even if he shot just 28% from three, it would be more efficient then the long twos

only way it becomes a weakness is if he falls in love with it and it reduces his FGA inside 10 feet.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1445 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:25 pm

steady wrote:Just wanted to express admiration and appreciation for Brook's chill and laid back attitude.

Bennett said about the team recently how there were no big egos and how chill they were, and how great that is and this is the first time he's seen that. After checking in briefly to the soap operas going on with self proclaimed Super team across the Bridge - I was reminded what a notable feature it is over here how non ego based and how loose and relaxed - with passion and intensity but also camaraderie and lightness - the Nets chemistry and forming team identity seems to be.

And Brook's a big part of that. I knew Jeremy would want that bc that's his make up. But it only works if Brook is on that same beat.

With all the last in the League predictions the guys seem genuinely happy to be here and forming positive bonds -- there's a lot to appreciate just in that.

im glad behinds the scenes his chill approach works. i wish he showed more passion on the court though
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1446 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:38 am

steady wrote:Just wanted to express admiration and appreciation for Brook's chill and laid back attitude.

NorCal connection in BrookLin.

I'm sure Brook is gonna be more passionate playing with Lin; he's gonna go L'insane!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1447 » by Claud » Sat Oct 8, 2016 7:16 pm

Don't mind the big fella shooting 3s but he needs to play inside. I understand Kenny's motion offense will take time to get used to it but coach needs to incorporate Brook-Lin PnR's in our offense IMO. I love the ball being shared and moving fast but we need to stick to our bread and butter if we are to have a successful season.
gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Official Brook Lopez Thread 

Post#1448 » by gafun » Sat Oct 8, 2016 7:58 pm

No Lin and Scola tonight? I think Nets still has a chance to beat Knicks. Our 2nd team might be better than Kincks' 2nd team. If we win today, I will see Nets win 30-35 this season.

gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Post#1449 » by gafun » Sat Oct 8, 2016 8:06 pm

Brook is one of the most humble big guys in the league. I wish he had a bit more attitude.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1450 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:23 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:

I'm sure Brook is gonna be more passionate playing with Lin; he's gonna go L'insane!

i doubt it,... i mean Kevin Garnett couldnt get him to be more passionate and aggressive.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1451 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:24 pm

gafun wrote:

Brook is one of the most humble big guys in the league. I wish he had a bit more attitude.

basketball isnt his passion, comics are.
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#1452 » by antique0o0 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:48 pm

Need more rim protection from Brook.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1453 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 9, 2016 1:51 pm

antique0o0 wrote:Need more rim protection from Brook.

he needs to stop making himself small. its why gaurds always finsih over and around him. he gets in this crouch taking him from 7'1" to 6'4" and he really doesnt gain any mobility from doing it
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1454 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Oct 9, 2016 6:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

i doubt it,... i mean Kevin Garnett couldnt get him to be more passionate and aggressive.

We shall see, very different kind of players. KG leads more by example (going hard at it) and talking whereas Lin by doing near impossible things and passing to teammates to elevate them. KG would be more like: you're the franchise player, come on! Lin would be more like: make some crazy shots, yeah! Crazy passes to every teammate, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Booker and RHJ might not be very skilled, but they have hops, and those are the most exciting plays. Then we've got Bogs, Foye and Scola who can shoot. When they all get excited, Brook would surely do too. (it might actually feel a bit like being involved in a anime!)

Prokorov wrote:
antique0o0 wrote:Need more rim protection from Brook.

he needs to stop making himself small. its why gaurds always finsih over and around him. he gets in this crouch taking him from 7'1" to 6'4" and he really doesnt gain any mobility from doing it

He plays like a wing alot, wonder if he played wing in HS or something?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#1455 » by jbeachboy » Sun Oct 9, 2016 8:09 pm

brook on the wing and 3 pt line is a waste of his size, i hope kenny atkinson ends this experiment.
antique0o0
Senior

Post#1456 » by antique0o0 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:13 am

jbeachboy wrote:brook on the wing and 3 pt line is a waste of his size, i hope kenny atkinson ends this experiment.

On offense end, as long as he can put the ball into the basket, which I do believe he can do in many ways,I'm fine with him, no matter it's a 3 pointer or not.
On defense end, nets needs more boards and rim protection.
Booker is athletic but undersized, Brook and Booker need to grab more boards.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#1457 » by jbeachboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:04 am

yeah but why are not utilizing what brook does best which is post up?
antique0o0
Senior

Post#1458 » by antique0o0 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 am

jbeachboy wrote:yeah but why are not utilizing what brook does best which is post up?

It depends on opponent defense and matchups.
I don't think post up is what Brook can do best.
post-up freq. 29.8% ppp 0.95
roll-man 21.2% ppp 0.99
According to different defense strategies, Brook should adopt different skill sets.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,447

Post#1459 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:32 pm

jbeachboy wrote:yeah but why are not utilizing what brook does best which is post up?

because despite the efficiency of his post ups it works better if after a defensive rebound he runs down the floor and immediately establishes post position in transition to receive a quick post and catch score than to dump it into him during a set play, which allows for him to be swarmed by defenders.

his most effective skill is the ability to face up like a perimeter guy and attack off of the dribble. it sounds crazy, but when he does this he is pretty harder for guys his size to stop him.

Lopez is at his best off of quick reaction attacks, not dump in post plays where he has time to think. he's not a low IQ player or stupid guy in general but he tends to make really slow decisions when he gets the ball in the post on set plays, i think he may take too long to make a decision due to overthinking. Give him the ball in motion or facing up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1460 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:08 pm

[quote="ChokeFasncists"
We shall see, very different kind of players. KG leads more by example (going hard at it) and talking whereas Lin by doing near impossible things and passing to teammates to elevate them. KG would be more like: you're the franchise player, come on! Lin would be more like: make some crazy shots, yeah! Crazy passes to every teammate, yeah, yeah, yeah! [/quote]

garnett is one of the most vocal leaders the game has seen. im not sure what you are talking about.

Return to Brooklyn Nets