ImageImageImageImageImage

GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm on YES Network

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Glory Road
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: GT#39: Atlanta @ BROOKLYN - 1/18 - 7:30pm on YES Network 

Post#321 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 am

VCRJKidd15 wrote:Didn't watch the game just looked at the boxscore. Is D-Will back to his shooting like sh** ways?

Started off 7/10 then went 0/9 to finish the game

He is too streaky and still chucks too much for my liking. he is another player that is not letting the game come to him and just makes his mind up to do something and forces it. it's why i do not consider him an elite pg anymore.

He forces too much and does not let the offense come to him.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#322 » by N Ireland Nets » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 am

Paradise wrote:
Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.

Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.

Played keep away from him. That is funny. More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.

Blatche is going to be a better player in the playoffs for us than Brook. Book it.

Yeah, I'm really starting to feel the same way. I have yet to see Lopez really really play good ball in a big big game aside from that Knicks game in November. Which he actually looked like an idiot guarded by Chandler and got a few lucky breaks in that game.

Lopez is REALLY going to have to extend his jumpshot range as he is doing now and make them INSANELY consistent because in the playoffs, he will get destroyed on the post in a 2nd round matchup against KG, Chandler or Noah. Even Bosh will outplay him on the post.

Complete and utter diarrhoea.

How can you possibly say Lopez hasn't played well in big games?
serp
Senior
And1: 57

Post#323 » by serp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 am

Glory Road wrote:
VCRJKidd15 wrote:Didn't watch the game just looked at the boxscore. Is D-Will back to his shooting like sh** ways?

He is too streaky and still chucks too much for my liking. he is another player that is not letting the game come to him and just makes his mind up to do something and forces it. it's why i do not consider him an elite pg anymore.

At least he finished the game off strong and attacked the basket in the 4th . Thats a positive at the very least.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#324 » by Paradise » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 am

Ronito wrote:I watch and re-watch every game. You're on this ''my eyes don't lie'' thing when every metric and charted data proves otherwise That's ignorance, kid.

The best part about people throwing cold water on Lopez is those people ignore DWill's struggles. DWill is supposed to be our franchise player, not Lopez.

You do realize Deron has been leading the team in efficiency and the reason why we are 10-2 under PJ and winning right now, right?

The things he is point out is stuff Lopez has always struggled with and it will continue once teams start really D'ing up on him.

But we shall see how he responds to Chandler, Gasol, Asik this week who are very capable of staying in front of him. Fact is, Brook has disappeared the last week and that simply cannot happen.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#325 » by 624 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 am

Lopez was money late in the Indiana game. Had the putback dunk that put us up 2 against Washington with 3 seconds left. game clinching block tonight

just thinking off the top of my head of games within the past couple weeks
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#326 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 am

Ronito wrote:I watch and re-watch every game. You're on this ''my eyes don't lie'' thing when every metric and charted data proves otherwise That's ignorance, kid.

The best part about people throwing cold water on Lopez is those people ignore DWill's struggles. DWill is supposed to be our franchise player, not Lopez.

What metrics do you speak of? Come strong boy because i know what i am talking about. Of course i cannot prove what i am saying. The best overall judge of defense is watching the games. There are not stats that do a good enough job at quantifying defense. DRtg is a flawed stat and so is Blk%

What the hell does Deron's struggles have to do with Lopez's inability to dominate a game offensively against tough competition.

EXAMPLE: No an 20pt 7rb night on the box score does not tell me he dominated offensively. It simply tells me he scored 24pts. The box score says he shot 52% vs Noah. That does not tell me Lopez dominated offensively. It tells me he shot 52% in a game vs the Bulls. See what i am doing?

Looking at random "metrics" as you are calling them and claiming they prove he dominates these guys is fallacious because the stats do not support your argument. I never claimed Brook does not score 18pts a game. I claimed that he cannot impact the game like these guys and these guys will give him fits in the playoffs based on what i have seen from previous matchups.
Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Post#327 » by Ronito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 am

Paradise wrote:Lopez suffers from the same issue Blake Griffin does. It's not about they aren't good enough, it's the fact they aren't quick and polished on the post. They shoot all of their post shots in an awkward unorthodox manor and it's almost easy to guard if you are experienced enough.

Lopez cannot simply get on the post and shoot hook shots and jumphooks over guys like Chandler and KG. When he DOES get it going, he cannot keep it up without forcing a bad shot, turnover or getting a bad double team that he gets the ball stripped from.

He has to really develop that and fix it. I don't even think it's a speed thing, he just doesn't post up like a true big. He plays like a Power Forward too much and all Glory is saying is, it may get exposed badly in the playoffs. Especially his first ever.

I am not expecting him to be efficient offensively at all in the playoffs beyond the 1st round. I just hope he can continue to be a defensive presence and rebound because that will cover up any struggles he has at all. Yet, he's very streaky with his defense and rebounding as well.

You do know Blake dominated Randolph in the playoffs? Who the hell cares if it's unorthodox?

Lopez has one of the best And1 rates in the NBA. He doesn't get blocked much. He gets to the line. Oh, and he doesn't turn it over. Please look up some numbers.

Y'all acting like Lopez is Glen Davis.
Ronito
Lead Assistant

Post#328 » by Ronito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:15 am

Glory Road wrote:

What metrics do you speak of? Come strong boy because i know what i am talking about. Of course i cannot prove what i am saying. The best overall judge of defense is watching the games. There are not stats that do a good enough job at quantifying defense. DRtg is a flawed stat and so is Blk%

What the hell does Deron's struggles have to do with Lopez's inability to dominate a game offensively against tough competition.

EXAMPLE: No an 20pt 7rb night on the box score does not tell me he dominated offensively. It simply tells me he scored 24pts. The box score says he shot 52% vs Noah. That does not tell me Lopez dominated offensively. It tells me he shot 52% in a game vs the Bulls. See what i am doing?

Looking at random "metrics" as you are calling them and claiming they prove he dominates these guys is fallacious because the stats do not support your argument. I never claimed Brook does not score 18pts a game. I claimed that he cannot impact the game like these guys and these guys will give him fits in the playoffs based on what i have seen from previous matchups.

I read this post and paused at 'Of course i cannot prove what i am saying,' which, again, has me rolling. Do you even read what you type?

EXAMPLE: No an 20pt 7rb night on the box score does not tell me he dominated offensively. It simply tells me he scored 24pts.

If it says 20 points in the box score, why would it tell you he scored 24? Again, do you even read what you type?
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#329 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 am

Paradise wrote:Lopez suffers from the same issue Blake Griffin does. It's not about they aren't good enough, it's the fact they aren't quick and polished on the post. They shoot all of their post shots in an awkward unorthodox manor and it's almost easy to guard if you are experienced enough.

Lopez cannot simply get on the post and shoot hook shots and jumphooks over guys like Chandler and KG. When he DOES get it going, he cannot keep it up without forcing a bad shot, turnover or getting a bad double team that he gets the ball stripped from.

He has to really develop that and fix it. I don't even think it's a speed thing, he just doesn't post up like a true big. He plays like a Power Forward too much and all Glory is saying is, it may get exposed badly in the playoffs. Especially his first ever.

I am not expecting him to be efficient offensively at all in the playoffs beyond the 1st round. I just hope he can continue to be a defensive presence and rebound because that will cover up any struggles he has at all. Yet, he's very streaky with his defense and rebounding as well.

Yup. I expect him to still get his 17 and 7 or whatever. He can score the ball. However the guy is terrible at adjusting to what the defense does. He has a one track mind. In a 7 game series great defenders make adjustments. I have doubts that Brook can respond to this.

To me you cannot be considered an elite scorer unless you can get the ball and get your points on ANYONE

Brook cannot do this. Not even close.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#330 » by N Ireland Nets » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:18 am

The Lopez hate is insane.

In any game he hasn't been playing well in he seems to have a great knack for the big play down the 4th.

I can't wait to get a great coach in the summer to help Lopez get even better.

Lopez has played better than any center in the NBA this season. I'd still trade him for Howard but that's risking Howard fully healing.

Point is Lopez has been going beast mode and one of the main reasons our record is what it is.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#331 » by jeff1624 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 am

Glory Road wrote:Yup. I expect him to still get his 17 and 7 or whatever. He can score the ball. However the guy is terrible at adjusting to what the defense does. He has a one track mind. In a 7 game series great defenders make adjustments. I have doubts that Brook can respond to this.

To me you cannot be considered an elite scorer unless you can get the ball and get your points on ANYONE

That's exactly why Brook will never lead the league in scoring in the paint... oh wait.
Dat Leadership
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#332 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Glory Road wrote:It's not reaching when it's truth. The guy is soft. He is going to get killed in the playoffs.

You guys think these coaches who are payed to do what they do failed to see what you guys see? Brook was getting his points off other players' plays. He is not a player you can dump the ball in to and expect points when he is matched up vs bigs that know how to defend him.

Mostly because i do not think he is going to be getting these calls in the playoffs.

Played keep away from him. That is funny. More like they knew the guy was just gonna botch it like last game and they would get killed in transition because he could not out muscle his defender.

Blatche is going to be a better player in the playoffs for us than Brook. Book it.

Yeah, I'm really starting to feel the same way. I have yet to see Lopez really really play good ball in a big big game aside from that Knicks game in November. Which he actually looked like an idiot guarded by Chandler and got a few lucky breaks in that game.

Lopez is REALLY going to have to extend his jumpshot range as he is doing now and make them INSANELY consistent because in the playoffs, he will get destroyed on the post in a 2nd round matchup against KG, Chandler or Noah. Even Bosh will outplay him on the post.

Complete and utter diarrhoea.

How can you possibly say Lopez hasn't played well in big games?

Well the argument i thought we were having is whether he dominated those games, not whether he played well. Lopez plays well in most games. He is very consistent.

What the argument is about is how will Brook perform when faced with a guy like Hibbert, or Chandler, or Noah, or Sanders in a 7 game series. How will he do when these guys make their adjustments? Will he continue to force things as he is prone to do or will he learn to let it all come to him?

Playing well vs Noah is not the same as saying he dominated Noah or impacted the game at a mich higher level than Noah.

What do you think?
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#333 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 am

jeff1624 wrote:
Glory Road wrote:Yup. I expect him to still get his 17 and 7 or whatever. He can score the ball. However the guy is terrible at adjusting to what the defense does. He has a one track mind. In a 7 game series great defenders make adjustments. I have doubts that Brook can respond to this.

That's exactly why Brook will never lead the league in scoring in the paint... oh wait.

You misunderstand what i am saying or simply you choose to ignore it. We are discussing the playoffs here.

Will he still dominate that category when all the best bigs and a lot of the ones he struggles with are matched up with him in a 7 game series?
Ronito
Lead Assistant

Post#334 » by Ronito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am

The only elite scorers in the league are Kevin Durant and LeBron James. If you're saying Lopez isn't in their zip code, no one is disagreeing there.
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#335 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am

serp wrote:
Glory Road wrote:

At least he finished the game off strong and attacked the basket in the 4th . Thats a positive at the very least.

yes. Deron played an overall decent game imo even if his shooting woes continue
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#336 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 am

Paradise wrote:

You do realize Deron has been leading the team in efficiency and the reason why we are 10-2 under PJ and winning right now, right?

The things he is point out is stuff Lopez has always struggled with and it will continue once teams start really D'ing up on him.

But we shall see how he responds to Chandler, Gasol, Asik this week who are very capable of staying in front of him. Fact is, Brook has disappeared the last week and that simply cannot happen.

Yup. I am very excited about this week.

3 straight matchups with very tough bigs that are his size and good defenders. I want to see if he will dominate as some here claim he can. Two top 5 centers and an elite defensive C are great measuring sticks for what we should expect from him in the playoffs
Glory Road
Freshman

Post#337 » by Glory Road » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 am

Ronito wrote:The only elite scorers in the league are Kevin Durant and LeBron James. If you're saying Lopez isn't in their zip code, no one is disagreeing there.

and Melo

and i have heard some Nets fans claim Lopez is an elite scorer.

I think Lopez is a decent scorer with great offensive talent but he struggles to put it all together in a way that allows him to take over games offensively and lead his team to victories. He can hit a big shot. He can make a huge play. He can get his points through out the game. i.e he is a good scorer. However he cannot dominate a game. You cannot give him the ball on 4-5 straight possessions in the 4th and tell him to bring you home down the stretch.. unless he is guarded by Glen Davis
serp
Senior
And1: 57

Post#338 » by serp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

There's barely bigs , if any , left in the league that actually can do that though , especially at the Center position.
Ronito
Lead Assistant

Post#339 » by Ronito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

How is Melo an elite scorer by your definition? That doesn't add up.
Ronito
Lead Assistant

Post#340 » by Ronito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am

DWill's true shooting percentage under P.J. is 57.4%

Not bad. But I think Lopez's TS% of 67.9% might be more efficient.

Return to Brooklyn Nets