Re: Why Teletovic should start for Brooklyn 

Post#81 » by SpeedyG » Wed Feb 6, 2013 7:09 pm

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#82 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 6, 2013 11:11 pm

"Given a choice, if it’s a two-word answer do I want to play ‘big’ or ‘small,’ I want to play big so that hurts him right off the bat," P.J. Carlesimo explained. "We have four other bigs." So he's thinking of playing him at the 3. "You think, ‘Maybe Mirza can give us some minutes at three.’ That may be something down the line. We haven’t even talked to him about it yet."

Is he serious? Reggie is 6'8, Kris is 6'9 and guess what? Mirza is 6'9....How the f*ck is he playing big? More idiotic excuses.
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User
And1: 32

Post#83 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:57 am

Time to delete this thread.

3 Airballs in a row. LOL

MissEverything Teletovic is not a good player.

I hope he has tweezers because he is going to need them to pull the bench splinters out of his backside.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#84 » by therealbig3 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:23 am

He should still start over Evans or Hump. 3 airballs, and we still outscored the Pistons by 3 points when he was in the game.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#85 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 7, 2013 12:57 pm

Dear lord, what's with all these new posters and their love for clinging into small sample size? Maybe they were told by their boyfriends that "size doesn't matter"?
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#86 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:09 pm

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:Time to delete this thread.

3 Airballs in a row. LOL

I hope he has tweezers because he is going to need them to pull the bench splinters out of his backside.

Yes, clearly having 3 airballs after sitting the entire game till the 4th quarter means your an awful player and should never see minutes again.

I can remember another guy who isn't bad who had 3 air balls in his rookie or 2nd season....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgfx-bXsg4[/youtube]
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:10 pm

therealbig3 wrote:He should still start over Evans or Hump. 3 airballs, and we still outscored the Pistons by 3 points when he was in the game.

Joe Johnson had 2 airballs from 3 last night as well.

Reggie Evans started the game with a huge air ball followed by a 3 sec violation.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#88 » by PetroNet » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:21 pm

the problem is all 3 potions at PF are bad ones to start or play 30 minutes. they are all really 15-20 minute bench 6th/7th men. and if given that role, consistently, i think all would flourish in it.

instead, reggie is being criminally overused, and hump and tele are being used super sparcely and with 0 consistency in both role and minutes.

the real culprit here is billy king. he needs to trade one of these guy for a wing or a center. that would allow us to have a clear rotation at the 4, or at least use blatche as a full time starting PF if we got a backup big. either that or trade for a legit starting PF.

either way, when you have 3 bench type PF's, all with a big hole in their game, the results are going to be pretty poor.

PJ does need to mix it up more, and at least go with the best matchup for that particular opponent
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User

Post#89 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:32 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:Time to delete this thread.

3 Airballs in a row. LOL

Yes, clearly having 3 airballs after sitting the entire game till the 4th quarter means your an awful player and should never see minutes again.

I can remember another guy who isn't bad who had 3 air balls in his rookie or 2nd season....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgfx-bXsg4[/youtube]

Mirza sits 3 quarters and plays well.

NIN = "You see he is good. I cant believe he isnt playing more. "

Mirza sits 3 quarters and does about as poorly as you can do as a player.

NIN = "It's not his fault. The coach didnt put him in for 3 quarters. OR The coach is killing his confidence."

You have a built in excuse for everything. Limited minutes is only a valid point when he sucks. It's not that he gets lucky when he makes a couple of shots in those minutes when he plays OK.

Here we are 49 games into the season and he is only shooting 37.2% FG!!!!!!!

His sample size isnt bigger because he isnt good. I never wondered how Andre Emmett would have done as a starter last year because he wasnt good enough to beat out the scrubs ahead of him (D Steve, Shawne).

37.2% FG doest warrant ANY playing time for a PF let alone starting minutes. All I hear about is that he will improve floor spacing. Really? You think teams fear a sub 40% shooter. Bogans has virtually the same 3pt% as Tele and I would never consider Bogans shot making ability a strength.

Your so anxious to heap praise on this bum that you cant be objective. Say it with me: HE IS A BUST :lol:
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User

Post#90 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:36 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Dear lord, what's with all these new posters and their love for clinging into small sample size? Maybe they were told by their boyfriends that "size doesn't matter"?

Sounds like your speaking from a personal expierience. You want to talk about it? I know you like them big but.....
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#91 » by PetroNet » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:47 pm

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:Mirza sits 3 quarters and plays well.

NIN = "It's not his fault. The coach didnt put him in for 3 quarters. OR The coach is killing his confidence."

You have a built in excuse for everything. Limited minutes is only a valid point when he sucks. It's not that he gets lucky when he makes a couple of shots in those minutes when he plays OK.

Your point about NI having an excuse for everything is somewhat valid. it is also very hypocritical, as you have an excuse for every time he comes in and plays well. "lucky shots"?? lol.
pointing out his FG% is pretty irrelevant for a bench player who takes more then 65% of his shots from behind the 3 point arch. Mirza's TS% and 3PT% have both been very respectable, and even more so if you look at the past month under PJ where he has gotten twice the amount of games played and minutes as he did under avery.

Mirza:
50.1 TS%
49.8 eFG%
36.0 3PT%

Mirza since january 1st:
11 games, 12 minutes per game

57.2 TS%
55.4 eFG%
48.3 3PT%

His sample size isnt bigger because he isnt good. I never wondered how Andre Emmett would have done as a starter last year because he wasnt good enough to beat out the scrubs ahead of him (D Steve, Shawne).

37.2% FG doest warrant ANY playing time for a PF let alone starting minutes. All I hear about is that he will improve floor spacing. Really? You think teams fear a sub 40% shooter. Bogans has virtually the same 3pt% as Tele and I would never consider Bogans shot making ability a strength.

Why his sample size isn't bigger isn't very relevant. What IS relevant is that with more minutes, his shooting has been much better. not just better, but leaps and bounds better. in the 15 games he played under avery he averaged 6 minutes per game and shot under 20% from 3PT range and under 40% TS%. in 11 games under PJ he has twice the minutes and his percentages have more then doubled.

to say he wouldnt be better with a larger sample kind of ignores the facts.
Your so anxious to heap praise on this bum that you cant be objective. Say it with me: HE IS A BUST :lol:

you are so anxious to hate on him you cant be objective either
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:51 pm

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:
Mirza sits 3 quarters and plays well.

I find your posts a complete joke to be honest. You openly root against players on the team you supposedly support.

You talk about how Teletovic has done absolutely nothing it's just hilarious to me at the arguments you make. He hasn't played enough to even merit using stats to back up any argument you make.

I and everybody knows that last night having 3 airballs was horrible and clearly he didn't play well but thats not the point. You can't judge a player on that alone. I showed you a video where Kobe had 3 airballs and did the same thing as Teletovic, yet he's not a bust. Your using the airballs as justification that he is a bust and then a stat on his field goal percentage from limited minutes, your whole argument is a joke.

Popvich thinks Teletovic is a good player, he doesn't think he's a bust at all, I'll take his opinion over yours

"I won’t mention the team, but a team we played this season … there was a foreign kid on there and the kid was open all the time. He was out there wondering, ‘What the…? I can’t get the ball?’ You’d see that look on his face five times during the game. While an American kid is dribbling in place, holding the ball. The guy played on a good team overseas, in a good program. He came over … [there], he gets the ball and shoots it. Now, it doesn’t come."

A few hours before the Spurs put on a clinic of ball sharing and movement Wednesday night against the Milwaukee Bucks, coach Gregg Popovich talked about the emphasis placed on that in the development of international players. It’s pretty clear that the culture of passing has permeated the Spurs, who lead the league in assists (25.7 apg).

"It’s fundamentals that have been poured into them since they were kids, and we [in this country] don’t have that," Popovich said after a morning walk-through at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. "They go to these academies – Tony [Parker] and Manu [Ginobili] went when they were, what, 15 years old – they have a couple classes in the morning and then all afternoon they’re doing passing drills and shooting drills. Really honing skills in the way they play.

"We don’t [have a rule]," Popovich said, "but they know if there’s somebody more open, it’s got to go there. Good to great."
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:54 pm

PetroNet wrote:

Your point about NI having an excuse for everything is somewhat valid. it is also very hypocritical, as you have an excuse for every time he comes in and plays well. "lucky shots"?? lol.
pointing out his FG% is pretty irrelevant for a bench player who takes more then 65% of his shots from behind the 3 point arch. Mirza's TS% and 3PT% have both been very respectable, and even more so if you look at the past month under PJ where he has gotten twice the amount of games played and minutes as he did under avery.

Mirza:
50.1 TS%
49.8 eFG%
36.0 3PT%

Mirza since january 1st:

57.2 TS%
55.4 eFG%
48.3 3PT%

Why his sample size isn't bigger isn't very relevant. What IS relevant is that with more minutes, his shooting has been much better. not just better, but leaps and bounds better. in the 15 games he played under avery he averaged 6 minutes per game and shot under 20% from 3PT range and under 40% TS%. in 11 games under PJ he has twice the minutes and his percentages have more then doubled.

I also read somewhere that before last's night horror show Teletovic was something like 15/30 from 3 pointers but im not sure if that was over January or whatever, just read it somewhere. We know what we've got in regards Hump and Evans, why not give Teletovic a go is my argument.

His confidence must be shot by now thought, especially after last night.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#94 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:17 pm

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Dear lord, what's with all these new posters and their love for clinging into small sample size? Maybe they were told by their boyfriends that "size doesn't matter"?

Sounds like your speaking from a personal expierience. You want to talk about it? I know you like them big but.....

It's you who seem to be fascinated with "small samples" so..... :lol:

It's OK buddy. There are toys that you can use to make up for your inadequacies. Or your fingers, which seems to move so fast given your excellent typing skills...and likely larger than your "sample size".
PetroNet
Banned User

Post#95 » by PetroNet » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:45 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
PetroNet wrote:

Mirza:
50.1 TS%
49.8 eFG%
36.0 3PT%

Mirza since january 1st:

57.2 TS%
55.4 eFG%
48.3 3PT%

I also read somewhere that before last's night horror show Teletovic was something like 15/30 from 3 pointers but im not sure if that was over January or whatever, just read it somewhere. We know what we've got in regards Hump and Evans, why not give Teletovic a go is my argument.

His confidence must be shot by now thought, especially after last night.

im all for giving him more time, and there is plenty of time left in the season to do it.

as far as confidence... if a 27 year old with that much pro experience is going to lose his confidence over something like that then he isnt the kind of guy i want on my team anyhow. i assume his confidence is fine
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User

Post#96 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:59 pm

[quote="N Ireland Nets]
I find your posts a complete joke to be honest. You openly root against players on the team you supposedly support.

You talk about how Teletovic has done absolutely nothing it's just hilarious to me at the arguments you make. He hasn't played enough to even merit using stats to back up any argument you make.

I and everybody knows that last night having 3 airballs was horrible and clearly he didn't play well but thats not the point. You can't judge a player on that alone. I showed you a video where Kobe had 3 airballs and did the same thing as Teletovic, yet he's not a bust. Your using the airballs as justification that he is a bust and then a stat on his field goal percentage from limited minutes, your whole argument is a joke.

Popvich thinks Teletovic is a good player, he doesn't think he's a bust at all, I'll take his opinion over yours

"I won’t mention the team, but a team we played this season … there was a foreign kid on there and the kid was open all the time. He was out there wondering, ‘What the…? I can’t get the ball?’ You’d see that look on his face five times during the game. While an American kid is dribbling in place, holding the ball. The guy played on a good team overseas, in a good program. He came over … [there], he gets the ball and shoots it. Now, it doesn’t come."

A few hours before the Spurs put on a clinic of ball sharing and movement Wednesday night against the Milwaukee Bucks, coach Gregg Popovich talked about the emphasis placed on that in the development of international players. It’s pretty clear that the culture of passing has permeated the Spurs, who lead the league in assists (25.7 apg).

"It’s fundamentals that have been poured into them since they were kids, and we [in this country] don’t have that," Popovich said after a morning walk-through at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. "They go to these academies – Tony [Parker] and Manu [Ginobili] went when they were, what, 15 years old – they have a couple classes in the morning and then all afternoon they’re doing passing drills and shooting drills. Really honing skills in the way they play.

"We don’t [have a rule]," Popovich said, "but they know if there’s somebody more open, it’s got to go there. Good to great."
[/quote]

I love how you decided that POP was talking about Teletovic. He must be the only foreign kid in the NBA.

As far as your Kobe video goes, you need to learn what an airball is. When the ball hits the rim it's not considered and airball.

I love how stats arent merited because they dont support your opinion. If stats didnt matter, they wouldnt be kept.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:51 pm

PetroNet wrote:im all for giving him more time, and there is plenty of time left in the season to do it.

as far as confidence... if a 27 year old with that much pro experience is going to lose his confidence over something like that then he isnt the kind of guy i want on my team anyhow. i assume his confidence is fine

In general I do believe his confidence is low, not that by throwing 3 airballs. He came over from Europe I reckon expecting big things of himself and since joining the Nets I think it's clear Avery and PJ don't really trust or rate him and thats got to hurt your confidence surely.

Avery Johnson was telling everyone that would listen involved with the Nets basketball side of that Teletovic, "would never be an NBA player, he's too slow."

He also bad mouthed Brooks constantly and basically bullied the kid and these are part of the reason he was fire. He basically kept telling the wrong person/people about how bad players on the roster were.

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:I love how you decided that POP was talking about Teletovic. He must be the only foreign kid in the NBA.

As far as your Kobe video goes, you need to learn what an airball is. When the ball hits the rim it's not considered and airball.

I love how stats arent merited because they dont support your opinion. If stats didnt matter, they wouldnt be kept.

He was talking about Teletovic. This was a report taken prior to the Spurs facing the Knicks and the only game between then and the game on new years eve was the Bucks who have no Euro players who joined from a good Euro team recently.

I even talked and posted a video on here showing Teletovic getting pissed off with Brooks and arguing with him due to Brooks playing hero ball during the blow out 4th quarter run. Next thing you know there's an interview with Popovich talking about how teams should pass the ball more and iso less.

He's talking about Teletovic and Brooks.
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User

Post#98 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:43 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
PetroNet wrote:im all for giving him more time, and there is plenty of time left in the season to do it.

In general I do believe his confidence is low, not that by throwing 3 airballs. He came over from Europe I reckon expecting big things of himself and since joining the Nets I think it's clear Avery and PJ don't really trust or rate him and thats got to hurt your confidence surely.

Avery Johnson was telling everyone that would listen involved with the Nets basketball side of that Teletovic, "would never be an NBA player, he's too slow."

He also bad mouthed Brooks constantly and basically bullied the kid and these are part of the reason he was fire. He basically kept telling the wrong person/people about how bad players on the roster were.

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:I love how you decided that POP was talking about Teletovic. He must be the only foreign kid in the NBA.

He was talking about Teletovic. This was a report taken prior to the Spurs facing the Knicks and the only game between then and the game on new years eve was the Bucks who have no Euro players who joined from a good Euro team recently.

I even talked and posted a video on here showing Teletovic getting pissed off with Brooks and arguing with him due to Brooks playing hero ball during the blow out 4th quarter run. Next thing you know there's an interview with Popovich talking about how teams should pass the ball more and iso less.

I dont think Pop would call Tele, 27 years old, a kid.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:55 pm

DWILLoftheGODZ wrote:
N Ireland Nets wrote:

I dont think Pop would call Tele, 27 years old, a kid.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that he was talking about Teletovic.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/7/39645 ... a-team-for
DWILLoftheGODZ
Banned User

Post#100 » by DWILLoftheGODZ » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm

No one confirmed that.

It was speculated that Pop was talking about Tele. Just because Net Income said that the Nets THINK he was talking about Tele doesnt mean it was confirmed

Return to Brooklyn Nets