RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,425

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Pizza Planet 

Post#581 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Sep 9, 2014 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear Jeff.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#582 » by therealbig3 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm

jeff1624 wrote:Life can be so pointless. I already struggle with motivation and determination to do s***... then I get news that a former classmate of mine (who I still considered a friend) passed away in car accident this AM. What a crock of s*** life is.

Sorry to hear, my condolences man.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#583 » by therealbig3 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03 am

Had Pancheros for the first time.

Hate to say it, but Pancheros is WAY better than Chipotle...I went to Chipotle for the first time a little over 5 years ago, and I was a fan ever since. So Chipotle has a special place in my heart.

Pancheros makes their tortillas fresh when you order...can't compare the pre-packaged tortilla wraps that Chipotle uses to that.

Since I'm a vegetarian, the meats don't matter to me at all. It comes down to the rice (even), beans (even...maybe slight advantage to Chipotle's pinto beans), veggies (Pancheros gets the edge), salsa (Pancheros has more variety, so they get the edge), and guacamole (Chipotle still takes this one, but Pancheros guacamole is still pretty good). Overall, in terms of pure ingredients, they're about even, but Pancheros not only has the superior tortilla wrap, but they MIX your ingredients before they wrap the burrito... :o ...that was by far my biggest complaint when it came to Chipotle. Not only that, I haven't tried it yet, but Pancheros also has queso, while Chipotle does not.

Pancheros is basically Chipotle, but with better wraps, better preparation, and queso. Give me Pancheros all day.

And yeah, this is for the people that actually eat at places like Chipotle and Pancheros, and find those places to be good. If you're really snooty about your Mexican food and wouldn't be caught dead eating at one of these places, this post is definitely not for you.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#584 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Will try!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#585 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm

I'm a Chipotle soft taco with chicken guy.

I don't know if could ever switch from that lol.

Rb3, are you vegetarian for dietary reasons?
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#586 » by therealbig3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I'm a Chipotle soft taco with chicken guy.

I don't know if could ever switch from that lol.

Rb3, are you vegetarian for dietary reasons?

No, I was raised as a vegetarian (cultural reasons), and I just stuck with it.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#587 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:30 am

I've actually been eating mainly vegetarian, almost vegan since March. I had some lapses, but I'm back with it again for a few weeks.

I still eat some chicken and seafood and the occasional burger or steak, or pork ribs or whatever, but for the most part veg.

Have felt healthier and took off a lot of weight. I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm getting there.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#588 » by therealbig3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:25 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I've actually been eating mainly vegetarian, almost vegan since March. I had some lapses, but I'm back with it again for a few weeks.

I still eat some chicken and seafood and the occasional burger or steak, or pork ribs or whatever, but for the most part veg.

Have felt healthier and took off a lot of weight. I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm getting there.

The downside is that I'm skinny as a MFer, lol. I'm 6'3", but only 150 pounds. I don't get nearly as much protein in my diet as most people, so I don't have much muscle at all. And since I tend to be lazy and skip the gym a lot, it's super difficult for me to add any muscle mass.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#589 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Vc, are you going vegetarian because of weight?

I lost 55lbs in a year just by adjusting my diet and exercising, but I didn't cut meat or dairy products.

Drinking only water instead of juice and soda does wonders for your health.

Eat salads instead of crappy snacks.

Eat foods with protein (e.g. grek yogurt, eggs, beans, chicken breast, fish) along with exercise and you should be good.

I've maintained my weight for over a year now so it's not like it doesn't work. I've never been as healthy or have had as much stamina as I have right now. I used to struggle to do a mile, now I run 2.5+ every other day at 8mph.

If you're going vegan, make sure you get all of the nutrients you're supposed to get from other sources.

I know a lot of people who go vegan without doing their research s nd feel better at first but build up long term deficiencies that require medical attention because they didn't know they stripping their body of key nutrients and vitamins for such a long time.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#590 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:02 pm

I've taken off 45 pounds since March, actually got down to my current weight around mid June. I had a 2 month lapse where I mainly stopped exercising and lifting and ate crappy, so even though I pretty much maintained my weight I got soft and sloppy. My job is pretty physical so it at least kept me from putting the weight back on though.

I'm trying to get back though, the last few weeks I've been eating pretty healthy and the last two weeks I've been hitting the elliptical, doing pushups and lifting again. Hoping by late October I'm where I want to be, which is about 165 and a good body fat percentage with some tone. Right now I'm skinny fat basically though haha.

I try to eat a lot of chick peas, avocado and the such and take a few vitamins.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#591 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah, I was skinny fat for a while because I lost weight so quickly.

I lost 17lbs in the first 17 days of active exercise. People were actually asking me if I started using crack lol.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#592 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:23 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Yeah, I was skinny fat for a while because I lost weight so quickly.

I lost 17lbs in the first 17 days of active exercise. People were actually asking me if I started using crack lol.

LOL yeah, I got the coke diet comments myself.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#593 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 pm

At the Yankees game. The craze around Jeter is second to none.

When Jeter is gone, the Yanks are in trouble. They need to get a new set of homegrown career long Yanks before they regain the lore.

The next star left on the team is A-Rod lol smh.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#594 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:45 pm

I always thought the GB was bad, but I think it's reached an all-time low with its quality.

The topics and the comments are just absolutely ridiculous now.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Prestige Worldwide 

Post#595 » by jeff1624 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 pm

The Nexus 6 is gonna cost $649? Looks like I'm sticking with the Nexus 5.
Dat Leadership
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#596 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 3, 2014 11:17 pm

What phone is the 6 based on this time?

Sent from my D5503 using RealGM Forums mobile app
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#597 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:20 pm

Everything kind of sucks right now even though things are sort of falling into place. Just can't shake this sinking feeling, there are some things you can never get back once they're gone and they're mostly out of my control. Thus is life though, got to keep it moving or it'll take you under. #SoManyCliches

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#598 » by jeff1624 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:05 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Everything kind of sucks right now even though things are sort of falling into place. Just can't shake this sinking feeling, there are some things you can never get back once they're gone and they're mostly out of my control. Thus is life though, got to keep it moving or it'll take you under. #SoManyCliches

Life is usually a disappointment, the key is to appreciate the good things that you do have. Keep your head up, bro.

Dat Leadership
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#599 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Lol, thanks Jeff.

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#600 » by Jersey Generals » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Hope things got better for you, Vince.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Return to Brooklyn Nets