Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Aperture Laboratories 

Post#541 » by jeff1624 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Life is some confusing $hit B.

We're all just floating in space with no actual purpose aside from f***ing and reproducing. Nothing we do ultimately matters and the universe that birthed us tries its hardest to murder us every single day.

So sad but true. You've become quite the cynic my friend. I was for the longest, then thought I wasn't, now I'm more cynical then ever.

My life is decent. I have people that love and care about me. I'm doing ok financially and have had perfect health so far. I was blessed to be born in a place without any wars or slavery. I say this because even though I was dealt a rather awesome life I still find myself disappointed with it all which makes me feel kind of guilty. Life is the most valuable thing one is given... But in the grand scheme of things it is literally worthless. How many people are killed unjustly every day? People that love, dream and aspire end up as corpses whose lives will be forgotten sooner rather than later.
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#542 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 am

jeff1624 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

We're all just floating in space with no actual purpose aside from f***ing and reproducing. Nothing we do ultimately matters and the universe that birthed us tries its hardest to murder us every single day.

So sad but true. You've become quite the cynic my friend. I was for the longest, then thought I wasn't, now I'm more cynical then ever.

My life is decent. I have people that love and care about me. I'm doing ok financially and have had perfect health so far. I was blessed to be born in a place without any wars or slavery. I say this because even though I was dealt a rather awesome life I still find myself disappointed with it all which makes me feel kind of guilty. Life is the most valuable thing one is given... But in the grand scheme of things it is literally worthless. How many people are killed unjustly every day? People that love, dream and aspire end up as corpses whose lives will be forgotten sooner rather than later.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wayRYHG0kUo[/youtube]

Apologies, but jeez you guys are depressing me.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#543 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:42 am

99% of all species that have ever existed are extinct, the Earth is 6 billion years old, and the Universe itself is 14 billion years old. Homo sapiens have been around for what, 200,000 years? That's like 3/1000 of a percent of how long the Earth has been around. Think about the size of the Universe and how truly insignificant and inconsequential this blue speck of a planet is in the grand scheme of things, the organisms that inhabit it even more so. The Universe and all of existence isn't affected WHATSOEVER if the Earth disintegrated tomorrow and everything on it was wiped out. It'd be like one of us losing a skin cell.

Our existence in this Universe is as meaningless and as fleeting as a nanosecond is to us. We're like a drop in the ocean.

And with that said, watch this, realize that she looks even better in the new one, and feel happy about your insignificant lives:

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#544 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 am

jeff1624 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

How does the fact that people die everyday connect to the significance or insignificance of the meaning of life?

If you believe that people are killed "unjustly" that would mean you (consciously or subconsciously) subscribe to a worldview which believes that there is justice and injustice as a moral metaphysical absolute.

If there's no purpose or meaning in the universe, THEN there is no justice/injustice in the universe and technically we shouldn't complain about it.

You can't talk about justice/injustice in the world but then say there's no meaning or purpose.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#545 » by jeff1624 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:35 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:How does the fact that people die everyday connect to the significance or insignificance of the meaning of life?

If you believe that people are killed "unjustly" that would mean you (consciously or subconsciously) subscribe to a worldview which believes that there is justice and injustice as a moral metaphysical absolute.

If there's no purpose or meaning in the universe, THEN there is no justice/injustice in the universe and technically we shouldn't complain about it.

You can't talk about justice/injustice in the world but then say there's no meaning or purpose.

Not really. Unjustly might have been the wrong word to use because I meant for no apparent reason. Little sarah losing her life because she was hit by a stray bullet while she slept in her bed is a perfect example of the value life really has. Sure people will be outraged. She will be mourned. She will always be loved by her family and friends. And she will be forgotten by the Universe soon after. What meaning did her life have then?
Dat Leadership
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#546 » by jeff1624 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:So sad but true. You've become quite the cynic my friend. I was for the longest, then thought I wasn't, now I'm more cynical then ever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wayRYHG0kUo[/youtube]

Apologies, but jeez you guys are depressing me.

Ok. Would you rather have sex with Jessica Alba but your dog dies and your best friend moves away the next day, or have a threesome with the insane clown posse and get 100,000 dollars but you'll forever be known as the dude that f***ed them.
Dat Leadership
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#547 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:18 pm

jeff1624 wrote:Not really. Unjustly might have been the wrong word to use because I meant for no apparent reason. Little sarah losing her life because she was hit by a stray bullet while she slept in her bed is a perfect example of the value life really has. Sure people will be outraged. She will be mourned. She will always be loved by her family and friends. And she will be forgotten by the Universe soon after. What meaning did her life have then?

Oh ok. I think I get where you're coming from.

If no meaning can be found in or derived from the origin of existence, anything that comes after really can't have any "ultimate" meaning anyway.

Like whether the entire world instantly became a utopia and humans (and our descendants) survived for another 100 million years, that's still not going to stop the sun from burning out, which will bring an end to all biological life in the solar system. And it won't stop the universe from expanding until every star contained there in dies out and the temperature throughout the universe reaches absolute zero.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#548 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:19 am

Why is Marvel so much better than DC?

Even if Marvel had its full range of characters to work with, they don't have anyone NEAR the iconic statuses of Superman and Batman...and Marvel ISN'T working with its full range of characters anyway...people forget, the Avengers are all second-tier Marvel characters. Their 1st tier characters are Spider-Man and the X-Men...which belong to other companies.

And Marvel is STILL kicking DC's ass. Unbelievable failure on DC's part. Especially when they had the lead with the Dark Knight trilogy, they still **** ed it up with Green Lantern and Man of Steel, and then casted Ben Affleck as the new Batman, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, and then an Israeli stick figure known as Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. And then they decided to throw them all together in the same movie, trying to chase the dollars that Avengers made without anywhere near the amount of effort that Marvel put into that. You just can't help but shake your head at all of their decisions, while Marvel continues to hit everything out of the park. Before Man of Steel came out, if I told you that freakin' Guardians of the Galaxy (who? what?) was going to crap all over it in terms of critical acclaim, would you have believed me? If I told you that Ant-Man was going to be more anticipated than the Superman vs Batman movie, would you have believed me? If you answer yes, slap yourself for lying.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#549 » by jeff1624 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Why is Marvel so much better than DC?

Even if Marvel had its full range of characters to work with, they don't have anyone NEAR the iconic statuses of Superman and Batman...and Marvel ISN'T working with its full range of characters anyway...people forget, the Avengers are all second-tier Marvel characters. Their 1st tier characters are Spider-Man and the X-Men...which belong to other companies.

And Marvel is STILL kicking DC's ass. Unbelievable failure on DC's part. Especially when they had the lead with the Dark Knight trilogy, they still **** ed it up with Green Lantern and Man of Steel, and then casted Ben Affleck as the new Batman, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, and then an Israeli stick figure known as Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. And then they decided to throw them all together in the same movie, trying to chase the dollars that Avengers made without anywhere near the amount of effort that Marvel put into that. You just can't help but shake your head at all of their decisions, while Marvel continues to hit everything out of the park. Before Man of Steel came out, if I told you that freakin' Guardians of the Galaxy (who? what?) was going to crap all over it in terms of critical acclaim, would you have believed me? If I told you that Ant-Man was going to be more anticipated than the Superman vs Batman movie, would you have believed me? If you answer yes, slap yourself for lying.

You just answered your own question. Marvel is kicking DC's ass because they had the foresight to build up to the avengers. They were also smart enough to lock people down contractually speaking for years so that they wouldn't pull a Christian bale (not gonna do another batman movie again) therefor having to recast and sucking the air out of any potential hype the movie could garner.

Marvel is kicking ass with characters many people didn't actually care about. Before the first Ironman movie I didn't know a single person that listed him in his top 3 superheroes. The first Ironman movie knocked it out of the park and got people talking and interested in him. Captain America and Thor both kind of suck lore wise but they've made it work. Why can't DC do the same for Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds, I mean come one).

Marvel has a better collection of heroes but the really big named ones aren't even the reason Marvel is kicking ass. Wolverines movies all suck (his individual moves I mean). Spiderman can't even be included in other Marvel movies because Sony own the rights for the foreseeable future. And X-Men does its own thing and isn't intertwined with the rest. You're gonna tell me Iron man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and The Guardians of the Galaxy (who nobody freaking knew who they were) all have more potential than Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman (who gets s*** on more than f***ing Hawkeye for some reason) and Martian Manhunter?

Dream casting for some of these stars:

Christian Bale - Batman (give him his own country if it has to come to that)
Alexandra Daddario - Wonder Woman (She is perfect image wise)
Iris Elba - Green Lantern (WHO DOESN'T WANT THIS?)
Armie Hammer - Aquaman
Dat Leadership
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#550 » by Bro Johnson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

DC has had an issue developing characters in their comics for quite some time now... There's Superman and Batman and nobody else of note (well Green Lantern, but the movie the released butchered his chracter)...
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#551 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Bro Johnson wrote:DC has had an issue developing characters in their comics for quite some time now... There's Superman and Batman and nobody else of note (well Green Lantern, but the movie the released butchered his chracter)...

Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter are pretty big characters too...Aquaman gets hated on, but he's actually a pretty cool character when done right.

I mean, we saw DC actually have a ton of success with these characters in the Justice League cartoon...why is it so hard for them to do that in a feature film?
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#552 » by jeff1624 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:54 am

"You're the worst" the new comedy on fx is fantastic.
Dat Leadership
Bro Johnson
Banned User

Post#553 » by Bro Johnson » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:09 am

http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/official- ... za-serious

"Last night, children were killed as they slept next to their parents on the floor of a classroom in a UN designated shelter in Gaza. Children killed in their sleep; this is an affront to all of us, a source of universal shame. Today the world stands disgraced...

The precise location of the Jabalia Elementary Girls School and the fact that it was housing thousands of internally displaced people was communicated to the Israeli army seventeen times, to ensure its protection; the last being at ten to nine last night, just hours before the fatal shelling."

- PIERRE KRÄHENBÜHL (United Nations Relief and Works Agency General-Commissioner)

---

There's just no end to this holocaust...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#554 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Aug 2, 2014 1:05 pm

**** is really **** ed man. Not surprising though, war is war.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#555 » by Jersey Generals » Sat Aug 2, 2014 9:47 pm

1) No idea why you guys think life is meaningless: I got A2M from my hot girlfriend, I've since found meaning.

2) Marvel is better than DC in terms of entertainment value because of the villains. Due to the nature of Marvel's heroes' powers, there is more tension there. Other than in Batman movies, there really isn't all that much tension. There's only so much "Superman gets his ass kicked by a guy just as strong or with kryptonite" a movie can take. DC especially **** up by bringing Zod in right away: Man of Steel's villain should have been Metallo with Lex Luthor lurking in the background and hints of Brainiac in the future. It would have been especially sweet if they made Metallo more of an expy of Superman himself: flame breath, kryptonite beam eyes, and the ability to shape his limbs to weapons a la the movie Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (which was great).
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#556 » by jeff1624 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:22 am

Jersey Generals wrote:1) No idea why you guys think life is meaningless: I got A2M from my hot girlfriend, I've since found meaning.

Go on...
Dat Leadership
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#557 » by jeff1624 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 3:31 pm

I need to remind myself to NEVER get wasted on a sunday night. I'm at work and I'm dying right now...
Dat Leadership
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#558 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 4, 2014 8:26 pm

jeff1624 wrote:I need to remind myself to NEVER get wasted on a sunday night. I'm at work and I'm dying right now...

I was hurting today myself, I got extra tossed up last night.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#559 » by jeff1624 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 8:40 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:I need to remind myself to NEVER get wasted on a sunday night. I'm at work and I'm dying right now...

I was hurting today myself, I got extra tossed up last night.

The night played out beautifully so now that I think about it I would probably do it again, but yeah... I was still paying for it until like an hour ago.
Dat Leadership
Bro Johnson
Banned User

Post#560 » by Bro Johnson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:11 am

So... Any tips / recommendations for core exercises (beginner level)?

Return to Brooklyn Nets