ImageImageImageImageImage

RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Aperture Laboratories 

Post#561 » by jeff1624 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Bro Johnson wrote:So... Any tips / recommendations for core exercises (beginner level)?

Glazed donuts are a great pre-during-post meal after a workout. Bourbon is great as well.
Dat Leadership
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#562 » by Bro Johnson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:19 pm

So you're telling me I was doing it wrong when I ate chocolate cake yesterday?
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#563 » by jeff1624 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Bro Johnson wrote:So you're telling me I was doing it wrong when I ate chocolate cake yesterday?

Chocolate cake is fine as long as you had more than one serving.
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,795

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Dr. Sean Maguire 

Post#564 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYa6gbDcx18[/youtube]
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#565 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 pm

I haven't felt compelled to buy a PS4/XB1 until now. 2015 could go down as the biggest gaming year in history.

I is excited. :tooth
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#566 » by jeff1624 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:I haven't felt compelled to buy a PS4/XB1 until now. 2015 could go down as the biggest gaming year in history.

Explain thyself.
Dat Leadership
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#567 » by Bro Johnson » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I haven't felt compelled to buy a PS4/XB1 until now. 2015 could go down as the biggest gaming year in history.

Explain thyself.

MGS
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#568 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 am

jeff1624 wrote:

Explain thyself.

Games that could/should be showstoppers
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Halo 5: Guardians
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Order: 1886
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne
Zelda Wii U

Big Name Honorable Mentions
Mortal Kombat X
Star Wars Battlefront
Tom Clancy's The Division
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
Dead Island 2

Star Fox Wii U may make it in 2015 as well.

It usually takes 3 years into the next generation before you see quality sports games. I'm hopeful that 2K will get their act together and actually put together a good product..
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#569 » by jeff1624 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:21 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Games that could/should be showstoppers
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Haven't played a single Uncharted game so this doesn't excite me.

NyCeEvO wrote:The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'm dubious. The game looks great, but it's being done by CD Projekt RED, a developer that hasn't made one great game yet. Its got my attention, but it isn't a sure thing just yet.

NyCeEvO wrote:Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

This should be a good one. As long as it isn't a movie disguised as a game like MGS4.

NyCeEvO wrote:Halo 5: Guardians

i just don't know. I'm a huge halo fan (originally bought a 360 because of halo 3, bought reach and halo4 on release day) but halo 4 was just a bad game. I still play it because that and borderlands are the only games my buddy plays. But Halo 4 was such a huge disappointment. S****y campaign that I haven't even finished yet. Crappy maps. The loadouts are annoying. Bad game is bad. Bungie seems to have taken the magic with it and placed it in Destiny, a game I'm dying for.

Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Order: 1886
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne

Should be great games.

Zelda Wii U

Are we sure Zelda is being released next year. Nintendo has a history of taking more than enough time to perfect Zelda games. Doesn't seem plausible IMO.

Big Name Honorable Mentions
Mortal Kombat X
Star Wars Battlefront
Tom Clancy's The Division
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
Dead Island 2

[/quote]

Only game I'm looking forward to is the Division, though it won't be/look nearly as good as the trailer it has.

It'll be a good/big year for gaming, but I don't see it has having the potential for best ever.
Dat Leadership
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#570 » by treiz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm buying mine along with the Destiny bundle, just no good games out now.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#571 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 pm

treiz wrote:

I'm buying mine along with the Destiny bundle, just no good games out now.

Yeah, Destiny looks pretty great but the urge to get a PS4 right this moment isn't there.

It usually takes about 2 years after the release of a system before you start hearing about hardware upgrades to the consoles. I'm kinda waiting to hear those rumors arise before I go out and get either console.

In the meantime, I have a backlog of great PS3 games to go through. So it's a win-win for me.

The longer I wait, I get more time to play my PS3 games and there's a higher likelihood of a price drop or hardware upgrades.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#572 » by treiz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Yeah, Destiny looks pretty great but the urge to get a PS4 right this moment isn't there.

It usually takes about 2 years after the release of a system before you start hearing about hardware upgrades to the consoles. I'm kinda waiting to hear those rumors arise before I go out and get either console.

In the meantime, I have a backlog of great PS3 games to go through. So it's a win-win for me.

The longer I wait, I get more time to play my PS3 games and there's a higher likelihood of a price drop or hardware upgrades.

I'm also doing it for Last of Us remastered, those two games along with FIFA should last me until 2015. But yeah I agree, I'm mainly waiting for more software rumours but there's guaranteed to be a 'PS4 Slim' or something like by Christmas 2015.

I'm a bit fortunate in that I've cleared all my 360 backlog which I thought would last me until Destiny so now I'm barely playing any game, only thing I play occasionally is Heartstone :D
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#573 » by jeff1624 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 am

Man, I love Sia.

Yes, I'm still straight.
Dat Leadership
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Pizza Planet 

Post#574 » by kerry kittles » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 pm

Anyone have any advice on apartment hunting in New York City? Good websites, tips, etc. Craigslist is a huge cluster **** and it's hard to sort through everything.

Looking for a 3 bedrooms in the $3,600-$4,000 range. Willing to get a flex 3 bedroom and put up a wall, but that's not the #1 preference. Top preference is the Kips Bay, Gramercy Park, Murray Hill area though it seems to be tough to find a place within budget. After that Upper East and then likely Astoria/Long Island City.

Not sure if anyone here lives in manhattan or the surrounding areas, but help would be greatly appreciated. The whole process seems very overwhelming going through it the 1st time.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#575 » by jeff1624 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:16 am

kerry kittles wrote:Anyone have any advice on apartment hunting in New York City? Good websites, tips, etc. Craigslist is a huge cluster **** and it's hard to sort through everything.

Looking for a 3 bedrooms in the $3,600-$4,000 range. Willing to get a flex 3 bedroom and put up a wall, but that's not the #1 preference. Top preference is the Kips Bay, Gramercy Park, Murray Hill area though it seems to be tough to find a place within budget. After that Upper East and then likely Astoria/Long Island City.

Not sure if anyone here lives in manhattan or the surrounding areas, but help would be greatly appreciated. The whole process seems very overwhelming going through it the 1st time.

I mean, with that budget you would have no problems getting a nice apartment uptown in the Inwood area. It's a pretty safe place and is slowly gentrifying. You could also look around Fort Washington near the Presbyterian. You would have the A and 1 train near by plus a slew of buses.
Dat Leadership
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#576 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm

The key question is whether you are willing to use a broker or if you're only going for no-fee apartments.

The broker fee can be anywhere from 10-15% of your annual rent, so if you want broker assistance you gotta be willing to drop a couple K just for that.

Also, (as Jeff alluded to) do you need to live in the midtown/lower East Side/Brooklyn area?

You get more for your money uptown. The A train runs express from 125th Steet to 59th Street so you can get downtown pretty quickly if you live near the A line.
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#577 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Randomly found this... the condo building where Petrovic lived during his stint with the Nets
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/dra ... ?service=1
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#578 » by kerry kittles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 am

NyCeEvO wrote:The key question is whether you are willing to use a broker or if you're only going for no-fee apartments.

The broker fee can be anywhere from 10-15% of your annual rent, so if you want broker assistance you gotta be willing to drop a couple K just for that.

Also, (as Jeff alluded to) do you need to live in the midtown/lower East Side/Brooklyn area?

You get more for your money uptown. The A train runs express from 125th Steet to 59th Street so you can get downtown pretty quickly if you live near the A line.

Thanks for the help and Jeff too! I mean personally I really don't care much as to where I live. I'm all for getting like a really nice place in Prospect Park, BedStuy, uptown Manhattan places people consider less desirable but where you can get good bang for your buck.

I'm more laid back in the regard. The only issue is the two other roommates I'm going to have. One is all about like the perceived status/image that comes with living in a certain neighborhood, plus the nightlife within that neighborhood, people, etc. The other roommate was the late addition, a guy I'm good friends, but not really great friends with the other roommate, they're more so just acquaintance. But he's the breadwinner of the group, older, makes the most money by a wide margin and has the most saved. He was originally looking for studios/1 bedrooms by himself until I asked. He also is looking for a certain area. He is also willing to pay the most if there's a bigger/nicer bedroom in the apartment which helps.

So I'm kinda the middle man trying to find places that appease everyone, fits into a budget, and reaching out to both parties to let them know. I contacted a few no broker listings I saw which didn't get far. One guy I contacted said if I wasn't interested, which I turned out not to be, he knows others apartments and I'm actually going to see a place Tuesday, but it's all kinda up in the air right now as far as if there's a brokers fee or not and what will it be. But it's in my price range and less than a half mile from work so I can save by walking everyday.I'm still going to try to sort through Craigslist, but it's such a mess and look at a couple other sites to see what else is out there. It's just a pretty tiring process and it's tough dealing with some of these brokers who feign like they're looking out for you, but just really care about themselves.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#579 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:52 am

kerry kittles wrote:Anyone have any advice on apartment hunting in New York City? Good websites, tips, etc. Craigslist is a huge cluster **** and it's hard to sort through everything.

First, those neighborhoods are horrible. You will get screwed with space and cost in those areas.

Second, dump the 3rd kid. He can afford his own place, let him.

Third, don't pay for a broker. Craigslist is crawling with brokers who get paid from the owners of the buildings. The last 4 apartments I had in the city were all from craigslist. No broker, literally rented the first apartment each time, it is much easier than you probably think.

Fourth, check out 2 bedrooms in East Harlem. I lived there for 7 years and loved it. Big apartments, affordable, right on the 6 line, the neighborhood is really on the come up and was a lot of fun.
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#580 » by jeff1624 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 8:00 pm

Life can be so pointless. I already struggle with motivation and determination to do s***... then I get news that a former classmate of mine (who I still considered a friend) passed away in car accident this AM. What a crock of s*** life is.
Dat Leadership

Return to Brooklyn Nets