ImageImageImageImageImage

The Jason Kidd Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Re: The Jason Kidd Thread 

Post#161 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 2, 2014 7:37 am

Yeah, I'd like to apologize to Kidd as well.

It turned out that he was the best coaching hire we could have made...he's been FAR better than someone like Brian Shaw.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#162 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 2, 2014 3:57 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Yeah, I'd like to apologize to Kidd as well.

It turned out that he was the best coaching hire we could have made...he's been FAR better than someone like Brian Shaw.
I don't know about Brian Shaw, he has a pretty awful roster (after injuries) to work with.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,429

Post#163 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:39 pm

I apologize as well. This guy has learned quickly and has developed the hell out of this roster, and shaped it into a unit that reflects who he was as a basketball player. Everyone has bought in to his style of play.

Is it a coincidence that for the first time since he left as a player, we now have an identity again???
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#164 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:57 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

I don't know about Brian Shaw, he has a pretty awful roster (after injuries) to work with.

Yeah, but they just don't have a system either. Their defense is lost, their offense is a mess. I have to put that on the coach. I feel like the whole "my players don't give effort" schtick from Shaw is a giant cop-out and is really meant to divert attention from the fact that he's done a really poor job of coaching.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#165 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:59 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Yeah, but they just don't have a system either. Their defense is lost, their offense is a mess. I have to put that on the coach. I feel like the whole "my players don't give effort" schtick from Shaw is a giant cop-out and is really meant to divert attention from the fact that he's done a really poor job of coaching.
Again, both things are a mess because there's no quality. Especially on defense, look at that roster, and tell me if you see a single good defender there.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#166 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:02 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Again, both things are a mess because there's no quality. Especially on defense, look at that roster, and tell me if you see a single good defender there.

It's true, they don't really have any good defensive players. But I don't think they're talent-starved offensively. They should be better than they are. When we played them, their offense was a joke. They had no set plays, no ball movement, nothing really. It was just bad shot after bad shot.

Do you really think we'd be better with Shaw instead of Kidd right now? How can you have any confidence in Shaw if the best thing we can say about him is that "we don't know what he can do"?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#167 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/458620996505702400[/tweet]

Kidd finished 10th in voting and finished with more votes than Frank Vogel.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Paradise wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/458620996505702400[/tweet]

Kidd finished 10th in voting and finished with more votes than Frank Vogel.

i think 10th is about right...

i think it was a good year for kidd in some terms and a rough year in others. about what you could expect from a young rookie coach. I love that he has put his stamp on the team as a small ball team that shares the ball and looks to force turnovers. i hate his in game adjustements and how he doesnt take every game seriously.

i think in time he can be really good
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#169 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah, he's had a good overall rookie (coaching) season.

However, I hope he doesn't get full of himself and thinks he has nothing more to learn. His in-game/situational decision making leaves much to be desired.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#170 » by kerry kittles » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:35 am

**** Kidd and his **** rotations
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,429

Post#171 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Dude apparently coaches these games in between shots of whiskey.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Palmeirense
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#172 » by Palmeirense » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:40 am

**** Jason Kidd and his stubborn ass.

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#173 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm

like i said, kidd is going to have a massive negative impact in the playoffs because as an in game coach he is bottom 3. i love what he does giving us an identity and what not, but from a coaching 101 X's and O's stand point he is at a high school level
HelloBrooklyn
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#174 » by HelloBrooklyn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:like i said, kidd is going to have a massive negative impact in the playoffs because as an in game coach he is bottom 3. i love what he does giving us an identity and what not, but from a coaching 101 X's and O's stand point he is at a high school level

Honestly the only problem I have with Kidd is the minute distribution on the center position. KG needs to get ATLEAST 24 minutes and split the rest between Blatche and Plumlee situationally on who ever playing better that game. Other than that he has been great.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#175 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

HelloBrooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:like i said, kidd is going to have a massive negative impact in the playoffs because as an in game coach he is bottom 3. i love what he does giving us an identity and what not, but from a coaching 101 X's and O's stand point he is at a high school level

Honestly the only problem I have with Kidd is the minute distribution on the center position. KG needs to get ATLEAST 24 minutes and split the rest between Blatche and Plumlee situationally on who ever playing better that game. Other than that he has been great.

i feel the exact opposite. im fine with how many minutes KG has played. the dude has struggled in the minutes he has played as it is.

the bigger error is sitting williams, johnson, and pierce huge minutes in the 4th in games 1 and 2. and also limiting them in second quarters. it may have cost us game 2
Palmeirense
General Manager

Post#176 » by Palmeirense » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
HelloBrooklyn wrote:

i feel the exact opposite. im fine with how many minutes KG has played. the dude has struggled in the minutes he has played as it is.

the bigger error is sitting williams, johnson, and pierce huge minutes in the 4th in games 1 and 2. and also limiting them in second quarters. it may have cost us game 2

Uhh no he didn't, he was great in game 2. :crazy:

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#177 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Palmeirense wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
HelloBrooklyn wrote:Honestly the only problem I have with Kidd is the minute distribution on the center position. KG needs to get ATLEAST 24 minutes and split the rest between Blatche and Plumlee situationally on who ever playing better that game. Other than that he has been great.

im speaking overall, all 3 games not just game 2.

ive been extremely disappointed with KG thus far. especially defensively
Palmeirense
General Manager

Post#178 » by Palmeirense » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not, in fact i loathe Kidd for not playing him more minutes.

HelloBrooklyn
Rookie

Post#179 » by HelloBrooklyn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
HelloBrooklyn wrote:

Why? all 3 played 35+ minutes in the playoffs. That is enough for them to contribute. Forcing them to play more won't be effective. You have to realize our man power is the key factor on we can be the best in the east. We won't win on their talent alone which was basically our style last season. We need AA and Thornton to contribute big because they bring something to the table that our starters don't. This is a way for them to keep our whole system unpredictable since we do such simple plays.

KG needs to play more because he sets the tone of our games. Look at what happened late at the second quarter last night. When he got everyone all riled up we started playing so much better on both ends of the court. This is why he needs to be in game. He is this team's soul. Doesn't matter if he doesn't produce all he needs to do is rotate well on defense, get rebounds, get everyone else to contribute on rebounding, and make a couple of shots a game for him to be a huge factor for our team.

If I was the coach I wouldn't even play Plumlee at all this series. Instead, I would put in Collins because he makes the offense and defensive fluidity much better. He sets great screens, can hit the open shot, and he actually boxes out. He is the perfect counter against JV.
HelloBrooklyn
Rookie

Post#180 » by HelloBrooklyn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He's been great on defense. JV is a hard cover for him. He is too big and strong to just cover him straight up. But preventing him to dominate and forcing him to turn the ball over this series has been outstanding. Crazy thing is he is actually getting rebounds over him and JV is a great rebounder. This is why I think we should play Collins. He has the ability to definitely give him problems.

Return to Brooklyn Nets