Omer Asik

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Omer Asik 

Post#21 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 8, 2014 6:38 am

Prokorov wrote:
ill take asik 101 times out of 100 over lopez. id trade lopez for pure expirings, let alone asik. brook lopez going down was the best thing to happen to this team since trading for jason kidd

You cannot be serious.
thebigfour
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#22 » by thebigfour » Tue Apr 8, 2014 7:49 am

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
ill take asik 101 times out of 100 over lopez. id trade lopez for pure expirings, let alone asik. brook lopez going down was the best thing to happen to this team since trading for jason kidd

You cannot be serious.

So you think our current team plus asik gets us to a championship? I don't think so. In a tight game teams will employ a hack a asik and thats the end of it. Even in spot minutes I'd take KG over Asik. Brook on the other hand while he has his deficiencies has added value which few centers can give. Offensive big men don't grow on trees. In a grind it out playoff series he is a weapon we can deploy when we need buckets. Thats why brook is a better asset then asik. I believe the brook version 2013 was an injured hobbled version which surgery will fix. Right now he needs to rehab and next year we will see a good as new brook. At any rate no one is trading for brook so its really useless to trade him now.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 8, 2014 2:15 pm

thebigfour wrote:So you think our current team plus asik gets us to a championship?

No, but i think you have a much better chance at success with asik. I think you have no shot at all with lopez. I dont think you can win with him. I just dont think you win in this league with iso bigs who dont defend well... specifically who dont play good team defense.

Asik is not great at the foul line, but he is an outstanding defender and that far outweighs being poor at the FT line.

I don't think so. In a tight game teams will employ a hack a asik and thats the end of it. Even in spot minutes I'd take KG over Asik.

That goes both ways. in a tight game teams can just put lopez in the pick and roll and get easy baskets, or exploit his weakness inside on the glass. I also think its silly to throw out a player impact over the first 46 minutes of the game because your scared of his FT shooting in the last 2.

Brook on the other hand while he has his deficiencies has added value which few centers can give. Offensive big men don't grow on trees. In a grind it out playoff series he is a weapon we can deploy when we need buckets.

Being rare doesnt mean beint dominant. if he was a dominant 25-30 PPG scorer id agree with you. but he isnt. he is a 19-20 ppg scorer who is often intmidated by more physical players and there are games where he seemingly is super passive. if lopez was a super assertive player who dominanted offensively, sure, but thats not who he is.

he is a player who more so takes what is there and is super efficient with the shots he takes. which si good, but thats really nothing special, and it certainly isnt going to lead you anywhere.

Thats why brook is a better asset then asik. I believe the brook version 2013 was an injured hobbled version which surgery will fix. Right now he needs to rehab and next year we will see a good as new brook. At any rate no one is trading for brook so its really useless to trade him now.

Yea i dont think its close. i take asik every time. give me the defensive anchor big. its super easy to find scoring and the league rewards teams that get scoring from the wings anyhow.

as far as lopez, he is going to be traded. we wont sign him into 2016, and letting him walk for nothing doesnt make sense.

Return to Brooklyn Nets