ImageImageImageImageImage

2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: 2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 pm

bobbyc wrote:We have to come to terms that Livingston isn't coming back.

Someone is going to give him more money and because he hasn't made that much money in his career he is going to take it. So we need to replace him in the starting lineup.

Trade Lopez. We have Plumlee killing it. KG will do 1 more year. blatche will be back. Tele is a solid backup.

Use mMLE on AK47.

Bring back Anderson if possible.

Need to use Lopez to bring in a guard to replace S.DOTs minutes.

honestly... id use the mmle on livignston before AK.

im just not sure you can count on AK to be healthy and even then his game has really took a dip.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#22 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Paradise wrote:
"We are very excited to be playing against such an important team as the San Antonio Spurs," Fenerbahçe's Bogdanovic said in a Euroleague press release. "They are a great team, with a great coach and roster. It's going to be an experience we will never forget, just like all of our games with the NBA teams. There will be a great atmosphere here at Ülker Sports Arena. I am sure our fans are also going to be very excited about this game. We are looking forward to it."

This dude isn't coming over. Trade his rights immediately after this season is over before we lose any value for him. We should get a pick within the 20s range. Somebody will be interested in him, especially if that team is capable of offering him more than we can.

Trade Lopez for whatever you can get.

Trade the assets acquired from Lopez deal + Plumlee/Mirza + rights to Bogs to MIN for Love.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#23 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Prokorov wrote:
bobbyc wrote:We have to come to terms that Livingston isn't coming back.

Someone is going to give him more money and because he hasn't made that much money in his career he is going to take it. So we need to replace him in the starting lineup.

Trade Lopez. We have Plumlee killing it. KG will do 1 more year. blatche will be back. Tele is a solid backup.

Use mMLE on AK47.

Bring back Anderson if possible.

Need to use Lopez to bring in a guard to replace S.DOTs minutes.

honestly... id use the mmle on livignston before AK.

im just not sure you can count on AK to be healthy and even then his game has really took a dip.

Are we even sure that AK won't pick up his 2nd year option?

He might want more money but after his injury-plagued season (along with terrible FT shooting), I don't see him getting a big deal.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#24 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:44 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:
"We are very excited to be playing against such an important team as the San Antonio Spurs," Fenerbahçe's Bogdanovic said in a Euroleague press release. "They are a great team, with a great coach and roster. It's going to be an experience we will never forget, just like all of our games with the NBA teams. There will be a great atmosphere here at Ülker Sports Arena. I am sure our fans are also going to be very excited about this game. We are looking forward to it."

This dude isn't coming over. Trade his rights immediately after this season is over before we lose any value for him. We should get a pick within the 20s range. Somebody will be interested in him, especially if that team is capable of offering him more than we can.

Trade the assets acquired from Lopez deal + Plumlee/Mirza + rights to Bogs to MIN for Love.

i dont think that would be enough to get love:

-plumlee looks good but they have 50+ million tied into a young center in pekovic
-Mirza is not a great asset
-Lopez fetches at most 1 lotto pick + lotto protected first
- bogs is 25 and will cost them their MLE

i just dont see that being attractive. i think they would need mimimum a top 5 pick, another lotto picks, cap relief, and a young player better then bogs/mirza.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,438

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Lopez's value is in serious question with that foot.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#26 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:

-plumlee looks good but they have 50+ million tied into a young center in pekovic

i just dont see that being attractive. i think they would need mimimum a top 5 pick, another lotto picks, cap relief, and a young player better then bogs/mirza.

The only thing that really matters is where Love wants to play and if the places that he wants to play have a package that's acceptable.

If he says I'll go to Brooklyn and only Brooklyn, Minny can wait a year and lose him for nothing and have us sign him outright anyway or actually get something for him. If they trade him to another place, he'd just threaten not to re-sign and then they'd be scared of trading him.

Plus, I don't thin MIN is fond trading with the Lakers as well as having Love remain in conference.

We don't have great assets, but I wouldn't put it behind Schwartz to put it into Love's mind that this is what he needs to do. There are so many Schwartz affiliates on this team (including D-Will and Kidd) that I imagine that this discussion is being had behind closed doors.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Schwartz had a long chat with Love WHILE he was at Barclays Center.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:

The only thing that really matters is where Love wants to play and if the places that he wants to play have a package that's acceptable.

If he says I'll go to Brooklyn and only Brooklyn, Minny can wait a year and lose him for nothing and have us sign him outright anyway or actually get something for him. If they trade him to another place, he'd just threaten not to re-sign and then they'd be scared of trading him.

Plus, I don't thin MIN is fond trading with the Lakers as well as having Love remain in conference.

We don't have great assets, but I wouldn't put it behind Schwartz to put it into Love's mind that this is what he needs to do. There are so many Schwartz affiliates on this team (including D-Will and Kidd) that I imagine that this discussion is being had behind closed doors.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Schwartz had a long chat with Love WHILE he was at Barclays Center.[/quote]

1) Love hasnt indicated he would demand a trade to the nets and only the nets. and i think that scenario is unlikely.

2) Minny would rather let Love walk then take on lopez. So we would need to get assets for lopez that would entice minny. Which would require someone who wants lopez, which is still very up in the air based on his injury

i just dont see it. i think love would list 6 or more teams, and one of them would have a package much better suited for the t'wolves
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#28 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Schwartz had a long chat with Love WHILE he was at Barclays Center.

1) Love hasnt indicated he would demand a trade to the nets and only the nets. and i think that scenario is unlikely.

2) Minny would rather let Love walk then take on lopez. So we would need to get assets for lopez that would entice minny. Which would require someone who wants lopez, which is still very up in the air based on his injury

i just dont see it. i think love would list 6 or more teams, and one of them would have a package much better suited for the t'wolves

1) I've never said that it's a guarantee. It's a possibility.

2) We've been through this many times already. I've never suggested sending Lopez to MIN in my deal because they have absolutely no need for him.

You keep assuming that I'm advocating Lopez to MIN and I don't say that.

The post that I made was short and clear. 1) Trade Lopez and 2) take the assets gained from trading him and use it in combination with any other assets we have.

If it's not enough in the end, oh well. We move on to the next thing.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:22 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:2) We've been through this many times already. I've never suggested sending Lopez to MIN in my deal because they have absolutely no need for him.

The post that I made was short and clear. 1) Trade Lopez and 2) take the assets gained from trading him and use it in combination with any other assets we have.

i know you arent advocating that and i responded as such....

I know minnesota would be motivated to move love and might have to take less. but that doesnt mean a third team would be motivated to facilitate that. which is the issue.

also, i think we are better off trading lopez at the draft and getting those more tradeable assets or just a rookie on a rookie deal which is always attractive
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#30 » by DarkXaero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Paradise wrote:

We already know he isn't coming over here this offseason. I'm down for trading him, but not for a late 20s/early 2nd round pick. He has more value than that.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#31 » by DarkXaero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:2) We've been through this many times already. I've never suggested sending Lopez to MIN in my deal because they have absolutely no need for him.

I know minnesota would be motivated to move love and might have to take less. but that doesnt mean a third team would be motivated to facilitate that. which is the issue.

also, i think we are better off trading lopez at the draft and getting those more tradeable assets or just a rookie on a rookie deal which is always attractive
Isn't that he's saying though? He's saying to trade Brook for assets, and then later use those assets along with Plumlee and rights to Bog to trade for Love.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#32 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Isn't that he's saying though? He's saying to trade Brook for assets, and then later use those assets along with Plumlee and rights to Bog to trade for Love.

:clap:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47 pm

DarkXaero wrote:We already know he isn't coming over here this offseason. I'm down for trading him, but not for a late 20s/early 2nd round pick. He has more value than that.

Does he? i dont think he is worth higher then #20 when you consider:

-at 25 years old he is 3-4 years older then a rookie you would draft
-he would require somewhere between the mMLE and full MLE as opposed to a player you draft being on a rookie deal

i think 20-30 is about right
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:49 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Isn't that he's saying though? He's saying to trade Brook for assets, and then later use those assets along with Plumlee and rights to Bog to trade for Love.

yes, but that wasnt my point... my point was:

A team isnt going to give you kevin love level assets for lopez

A team with 50M tied into a young center isnt going to want plumlee

Im not sure bogs at 25 years old and requiring a non-rookie deal holds blue chip value

i dont think that would get it done
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#35 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Isn't that he's saying though? He's saying to trade Brook for assets, and then later use those assets along with Plumlee and rights to Bog to trade for Love.

Im not sure bogs at 25 years old and requiring a non-rookie deal holds blue chip value

How do you think trades get done?

It's always a fluid process and some teams place more value on certain players than others.

As long as the sides are willing to get stuff done, they will discuss different pieces and make opportunities to bring in a 3rd and if necessary a 4th team.

A trade for the exact pieces may not work, but considering MIN's solid number of international players, they may view Bog's rights as pretty valuable, especially if they believe they can get some of the European players to persuade him to come over.

We won't know what Brook's value is at this stage. When he was healthy, his value was pretty high. Not superstar level high but definitely top 7-12 pick range.

How much does his injury status damage his value? I don't know.

We'll need to wait until the draft and see if there are rumors of people offering stuff for him.

Also, at this stage I don't see why D-Will wouldn't be on the table for the right package. (Although, Jeff Schwartz wouldn't be too happy about his client potentially moving outside of the media capital of the world.)
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#36 » by DarkXaero » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:We already know he isn't coming over here this offseason. I'm down for trading him, but not for a late 20s/early 2nd round pick. He has more value than that.

Does he? i dont think he is worth higher then #20 when you consider:

-at 25 years old he is 3-4 years older then a rookie you would draft
-he would require somewhere between the mMLE and full MLE as opposed to a player you draft being on a rookie deal

i think 20-30 is about right
He's 3-4 years older, but he's also far more polished and experienced than any rookie. He has played in Europe's best competition and international tournaments. He has a lot more value than you think.

There's a reason Ujiri wanted Bogdanovic for Lowry.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#37 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:31 am

Prokorov wrote:

If Love leaves, there is no guarantee the Wolves will keep Pekovic. They would more than likely rebuild around Rubio and Plum fits his style of play. Besides, the wolves aren't going to turn down Plumlee that is playing at a lotto pick level because they have Pekovic. They could easily flip him and our assets for a player they want.

Considering the Wolves love to draft n stash and they already have the rights to a few Fenerbache teammates of Bogdanovic, I think they would willingly take on the second most coveted euro prospect on the market. We could have gotten Lowry for him if we were willing to go through with the draft pick.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,438

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:42 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not trading Plumlee at that point, who the hell would we have to play the 5?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#39 » by DarkXaero » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not trading Plumlee at that point, who the hell would we have to play the 5?
Even if it means we get Love?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#40 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm sure we could find a solid center for a 1 year rental. I think Plumlee will be better than most people think but Love is a legit top 10 player.

I will pull the trigger on any deal for him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets