ImageImageImageImageImage

Kidd to rest starters vs. Hawks. Shots fired??

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:52 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/454085669095477248[/tweet]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this. Kidd would gain an insane amount of points in my book resting all our starters

nothing would be sweeter then us losing to the hawks, to make NY's tragic number 1, then beating the knicks to officially put them out of their misery.

on a related note, thoughts on resting guys vs. ramping up their minutes as a tune up?
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Re: Kidd to rest starters vs. Hawks. Shots fired?? 

Post#2 » by Zachbretton » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 pm

At this point, we're basically locked into 5th. I am down for spotted resting of our staters across the board. I'd obviously love to keep wining these last 4 games... But rest to me is more important as well as giving this bench more time to really be depended on to produce.

I say, rest 2 starters again or even 3 for the hawks. Plus, I'm not scared of the hawks at all.

I do want to crush the Knicks though, so we should have everyone in for that game to crush all hopes of them in the postseason
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 669
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#3 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:00 pm

prefer to lock down 5th but anything to help out our cross-town friends! :evil:
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#4 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Kidd doesn't have to rest all of the starters.

Just play Marquis Teague 40 minutes and we'd definitely lose. :lol:
Palmeirense
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#5 » by Palmeirense » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Hahahahah i love this decision.

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,429

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 pm

As long as we don't fall in the seedings I don't care.

If we get beat by the Hawks, and we beat the brakes off of the Knicks, that would start a **** storm in this area.

We should do it. Send a message.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
M I K E
Junior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by M I K E » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Don't like choosing games to win or lose.

Nets could of helped eliminate the Knicks on their own. Now they gonna dump ?

Makes sense logically but I don't live my life that way.

BEAT THE HAWKS !
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:As long as we don't fall in the seedings I don't care.

If we get beat by the Hawks, and we beat the brakes off of the Knicks, that would start a **** storm in this area.

We should do it. Send a message.

we play the hawks friday, that same night the knicks play the raptors. we could tank that game and the knicks lose to the raps and they are officially out of it

tommorow will be fun :nod:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#9 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Meh. I enjoy the odd glimmer of hope they have for the 8th seed which is why I would prefer to end the Knicks at Barclays on Tuesday.

I actually would like to end the season with a respectable record even if it is meaningless games.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,997

Post#10 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 pm

I don't like prematurely "mass resting" the starters.

A. It is very dangerous. Team may well get out of sync, & lose momentum.

B. Also, the magic number remains 1 to finish ahead of the Cats & 2 to finish ahead of the Wiz. Theoretically (although very unlikely), the team could drop to a lower seed. IMO, resting 2, 3, 4 or 5 starters at a time should begin ONLY after the 5 seed is TOTALLY guaranteed.

C. A final record of 47-35 looks much better than a final record of 43-39, 44-38, 45-37 or 46-36.

D. Magic number for Hawks to eliminate the KnUcks is 2. If the Hawks do not win 1/2 this weekend & the KnUcks do not lose 1/2 this weekend thereby eliminating them - then the Nets will have the distinct pleasure of annihilating & thereby eliminating the KnUcks on 4/22 at Barclays using a full line-up.

Prok, do you have a link about this?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#11 » by Sn0wman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:18 pm

how many players will he be resting and what will the starting lineup look like?
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#12 » by kerry kittles » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:31 am

Last Friday I was coming back with my friend to Penn at the end of the night who had gone to the Nets game earlier. I had gone to the Mets game, well kinda, it was cold and raining. I didn't feel like going in so I stayed in McFaddens and drank. They had the Knicks game on at the bar, no Nets game unfortunately and there was a horde of Knicks fans gathered around watching. It was pretty awesome watching Beal hit that shot. I may have even had a few drunk posts in that Nets Pistons game thread.

Well after that game a bunch of my friends went to a club where a friend of ours was djing. That's where I met up with my friend. We stayed at the bar till close and left with two girls. On that cab ride home my friend and I were talking about the Nets. The girl I was with, was hooking up at the bar, was a Knicks fan and asked if I liked them too. Told her I couldn't stand that team which she didn't understand. Well I started telling her they weren't going to make the playoffs and she got super defensive believing they would. So I got her number and we promised if the Knicks make the playoffs I have to take her out to dinner and pay, if they don't she's paying for it and winner choose where we go. The best part is her name - Carmela.

Disclaimers: I haven't talked to her since,she definitely was making out a guy or 2 before me at the bar, and we were both wasted. But damnit I'm going to hit her up once these Knicks get eliminated so I appreciate the support Kidd. Who can turn down a free meal in this economy.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#13 » by MGrand15 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:41 am

I don't mind resting Deron at all. He's looked really tired recently. 3s and FTs aren't falling at all. JJ I would also rest. No lingering injuries in the playoffs plz.

I would play everyone else though. We need to get everyone in sync for the playoffs. I can't believe we've seen virtually no minutes with Deron/JJ/Pierce/AK/KG. More AK/KG next to each other would be nice actually. Mirza is a wild card and the Taj might be too physical for him - don't want to resort to playing Blatche/plums at PF.

As for this purposely losing idea - I don't give a damn about the Knicks. They'll eliminate themselves or get swept by the Heat. Not concerned about tanking in order to screw over a terrible team. I'd prefer to rest our guys and keep winning/keep our confidence up.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Paradise wrote:Meh. I enjoy the odd glimmer of hope they have for the 8th seed which is why I would prefer to end the Knicks at Barclays on Tuesday.

I actually would like to end the season with a respectable record even if it is meaningless games.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

what would requires us to beat them. i dont like our chances
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I don't mind resting Deron at all. He's looked really tired recently. 3s and FTs aren't falling at all. JJ I would also rest. No lingering injuries in the playoffs plz.

I would play everyone else though. We need to get everyone in sync for the playoffs. I can't believe we've seen virtually no minutes with Deron/JJ/Pierce/AK/KG. More AK/KG next to each other would be nice actually. Mirza is a wild card and the Taj might be too physical for him - don't want to resort to playing Blatche/plums at PF.

As for this purposely losing idea - I don't give a damn about the Knicks. They'll eliminate themselves or get swept by the Heat. Not concerned about tanking in order to screw over a terrible team. I'd prefer to rest our guys and keep winning/keep our confidence up.

id like to see them out. us making the playoffs and them missing would be a silver lining on a disappointing season
JoeJesusFan
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#16 » by JoeJesusFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 pm

I don't like the idea.. Wizards and Cats both have "easy" games the rest of the way and could very well finish 4-0.. If the Knicks have ANY chance of reaching the playoffs, they could beat the Nets based purely on motivation.. I say take care of business now and rest players in the final back2back

Return to Brooklyn Nets