ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Nets Tank For 6th?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

m1kenoff
Bench Warmer
And1: 482

Re: PG: Nets Tank For 6th? 

Post#201 » by m1kenoff » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 am

As a Raptor fan, I would rather play the Nets than the Bobcats. Not because you guys have a worse or older team in my opinion, but because of the last playoff series between the Vince-Kidd led Nets and the Raptors.

Plus, the NY - TO matchup just makes for a more exciting, big city rivalry kinda.

I dont believe in this refs nonsense. If the Nets get more calls it will be because they are vets and they know how to get to the line in the playoffs. I hope Lowry, Derozan, Hansborough, and Jonas will make it a point to do the same as they have been all sesason. Call me naive, but I hope the refs dont prove me wrong and I hope both teams get the calls they deserve.

At least none of us will haev to deal with KD / Lebron in the first round...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Knicks vs Nets - Tues, 4/15/14 8:00pm TNT 

Post#202 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:How do you tank on purpose? Players miss jumpers on purpose?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

They keep fouling on purpose, missing FT, showing no effort, not boxing out for rebounds it's clearly blatant. Like I said if you guys are that arrogant we're an easier match up then the Bulls we'll happily take you guys on.

you clearly havent watched much of this team. showing no effort, missing FTs, and not rebounding is kind of what we do.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#203 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm

horrible loss last night. and tanking or not its terrible to see the team play that bad. and deron williams is an enormous concern going into the playoffs playing like turd when he will go against either hinrich or lowry who usually eat his lunch.

personally i dont care who we play, raps or bulls. raps better chance to win, bulls less shame if we were to lose. either way, i want to see us play hard unlike last year in the playoffs when we rolled over and played dead.

this is the worst possible way to end a regular season heading into the playoffs. i can see us losing in 5 games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:All I take away from this game, just from watching us play...

WE NEED SHAUN LIVINGSTON BACK! Now more than ever I can see how much he is the glue that makes this "long ball" destructive. Without him, the pace is off and we just don't play anywhere close to the same...

I assume that's why he's been out for these 3 games or so since JKidd notices this and wants him as on the ball and rested as possible... but wow, Livingston is truly our glue.

and to piggyback on my above point, after this season, we NEED to resign him... no question.

otherwise, this was a silly game that just shouldn't have happened, I hate that we actually put in the starters for this... but whatever, all we can do is look towards the postseason.

Now more than ever, tomorrow matters. It decides who we play in the first round in many regards. Either we win and Raps lose, or we lose and Raps win... either way, let's hope we get the Raps in the first, if not, we better be ready for a really stiff first round against those Defensive Bulls

I've been saying Shaun has been our best player...

it shouldnt requires shaun livingston to beat the magic or a carmello-less knicks team at home.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#205 » by NetsWorld » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:All I take away from this game, just from watching us play...

WE NEED SHAUN LIVINGSTON BACK! Now more than ever I can see how much he is the glue that makes this "long ball" destructive. Without him, the pace is off and we just don't play anywhere close to the same...

I assume that's why he's been out for these 3 games or so since JKidd notices this and wants him as on the ball and rested as possible... but wow, Livingston is truly our glue.

and to piggyback on my above point, after this season, we NEED to resign him... no question.

otherwise, this was a silly game that just shouldn't have happened, I hate that we actually put in the starters for this... but whatever, all we can do is look towards the postseason.

Now more than ever, tomorrow matters. It decides who we play in the first round in many regards. Either we win and Raps lose, or we lose and Raps win... either way, let's hope we get the Raps in the first, if not, we better be ready for a really stiff first round against those Defensive Bulls

I've been saying Shaun has been our best player...

it shouldnt requires shaun livingston to beat the magic or a carmello-less knicks team at home.

I highly highly doubt the Nets recent play has to do with them; Kidd in particular is getting complacent and doesn't seem to care to much about these last couple of games but tonight is big as winning would clinch the 5th seed for sure. I didn't expect the 5th seed to come down to the wire like this but we may fall to 6th tonight. Best case scenario is Chicago wins, Brooklyn wins, and Toronto loses. The road of Tor, Indy, and Miami is not impossible and sure looks better than Chi, Miami, Indy.

Early prediction: Nets vs Raptors: Nets win in 5.
Nets Vs Bulls: Nets win in 6.

On a side note, after watching the Pacers collapse, it's difficult for me to see them coming out of the East. They were on pace to win 60 plus games and now have to settle for 56 after a disappointing two-three month stretch. I think the Nets will beat the Pacers if they meet.
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#206 » by godkingleonidas » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:05 pm

BklynNets wrote:I highly highly doubt the Nets recent play has to do with them; Kidd in particular is getting complacent and doesn't seem to care to much about these last couple of games but tonight is big as winning would clinch the 5th seed for sure. I didn't expect the 5th seed to come down to the wire like this but we may fall to 6th tonight. Best case scenario is Chicago wins, Brooklyn wins, and Toronto loses. The road of Tor, Indy, and Miami is not impossible and sure looks better than Chi, Miami, Indy.

On a side note, after watching the Pacers collapse, it's difficult for me to see them coming out of the East. They were on pace to win 60 plus games and now have to settle for 56 after a disappointing two-three month stretch. I think the Nets will beat the Pacers if they meet.

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.”

- Master Oogway

Yes, I did quote a CG talking, Kung-fu turtle :lol:
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#207 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Well DeMar didn't play the game the Raps won in Brooklyn, and you could say they were a Ross turnover from 3-1 and Amir 3 pointer from being 4-0 against the Nets.

Works both ways.
No, it doesn't. The Deron turnover was a fluke, and something that rarely ever happens in a game like that. It was a rookie mistake from a veteran player who is supposed to be much smarter than that. Ross turnover does not have the same context. Amir Johnson is not a 3 pt shooter.

Amir can hit the occasional 3, he's actually shooting 30% on the season and was shooting a ridiculous 38% to start the season.

If Deron inbounds the ball, how does the equate a win? Not a guarantee Nets hit the FT's, and if they did, the Raps could still tie the game on a 3. A win is a win is my point. The Raps won without their all-star and leading scorer in Brooklyn, which is a much better win than beating the Raps without KG.

I'm very confident the Raps beat Brooklyn, especially with the HC advantage and insane playoff crowd. I wouldn't expect anything but confidence either from a Net fan. Gonna be close.
Amir Johnson is a 30% shooter on less than 1 attempt a game. Cmon son.

If Deron inbounds the ball, Nets are in control and the pressure is on Raptors. Not sure how thats hard to understand.

DeRozan was a non factor in the last Nets Raptors game. Nets were without KG and AK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#208 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Toronto will not be a cakewalk. Let's give our opponents a shred of respect here, the Nets are also known for taking nights off and dogging it on the road.

One game at a time.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#209 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm

BklynNets wrote:
I highly highly doubt the Nets recent play has to do with them; Kidd in particular is getting complacent and doesn't seem to care to much about these last couple of games but tonight is big as winning would clinch the 5th seed for sure.

which is another reason why kidd still has a very long way to come as a coach. it is simply inexcusable to not care about winning games. if you are worried about players health/resting then rest them, but you should still want to damn well win the game. doing otherwise just creates a lacadasical losing culture, one we have tried to shake for years now.... popvich always expects to win games, even ones that dont count much in the standings or when his big 3 rest. which is why the spurs have a culture of winning and have so many interchangable parts and guys who buy in

id say raps in 6 or 7
Bulls in 5

pacers are a fround team... ive said this for 2 years now
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#210 » by Neptune » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Piston fan here. You guys make sure ya'll whop the Heat's a*s in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for you guys. I think they're scared of the Nets.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#211 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Neptune wrote:Piston fan here. You guys make sure ya'll whop the Heat's a*s in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for you guys. I think they're scared of the Nets.

we would need to get by the Bulls/Raps and the Pacers without home court before getting to miami. extremely unlikely. but thanks for the support!
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#212 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Neptune wrote:Piston fan here. You guys make sure ya'll whop the Heat's a*s in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for you guys. I think they're scared of the Nets.

we would need to get by the Bulls/Raps and the Pacers without home court before getting to miami. extremely unlikely. but thanks for the support!
Not if we end up 6th, and get Miami second round (if we get past 1st round)
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#213 » by NetsWorld » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Every time Prokorov and Bills quote me, it's always in disagreement which shows their lack of confidence in this team. Sorry, but Toronto would far from be the favorite against the Nets; upsets are another story but it's unlikely.

What's interesting is the Raps fans are storming in here ready to deliver a knock out punch; it just goes to show their desperation for wanting to beat the Nets. On the other hand, it does not at all seem like the Nets are scared of the Raptors or trying to prove something.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#214 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
BklynNets wrote:
I highly highly doubt the Nets recent play has to do with them; Kidd in particular is getting complacent and doesn't seem to care to much about these last couple of games but tonight is big as winning would clinch the 5th seed for sure.

which is another reason why kidd still has a very long way to come as a coach. it is simply inexcusable to not care about winning games. if you are worried about players health/resting then rest them, but you should still want to damn well win the game. doing otherwise just creates a lacadasical losing culture, one we have tried to shake for years now.... popvich always expects to win games, even ones that dont count much in the standings or when his big 3 rest. which is why the spurs have a culture of winning and have so many interchangable parts and guys who buy in

id say raps in 6 or 7
Bulls in 5

pacers are a fround team... ive said this for 2 years now

This is part of the problem when a former player becomes coach too quickly. This is more of a player mentality than a coach one. Not really trying to win every game 100%. He showed this same careless nature on the 2nd half of back-to-backs. He needs to find the balance between resting players and still trying to win. I think you hit the nail on the head. You can rest players and still win games. You can play your bench and still win games.

When the Spurs rest their 3 best players, Pop doesn't just relax all game and post-game talk about how we're resting and not worried about seeding. He expects to play a good game regardless of who's on the floor. He'll rip on whoever is playing if they're not playing the right way. Kidd obviously isn't a yeller but I want my coach to want to win as many games as possible. Resting players is cool - giving away games is not. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#215 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
This is part of the problem when a former player becomes coach too quickly. This is more of a player mentality than a coach one. Not really trying to win every game 100%. He showed this same careless nature on the 2nd half of back-to-backs. He needs to find the balance between resting players and still trying to win. I think you hit the nail on the head. You can rest players and still win games. You can play your bench and still win games.

even if you dont win the games...you should ALWAYS TRY and win the games. this stuff where we just mail it in before the game starts cause its a back 2 back or we are resting guys is horse crap
When the Spurs rest their 3 best players, Pop doesn't just relax all game and post-game talk about how we're resting and not worried about seeding. He expects to play a good game regardless of who's on the floor. He'll rip on whoever is playing if they're not playing the right way. Kidd obviously isn't a yeller but I want my coach to want to win as many games as possible. Resting players is cool - giving away games is not. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

exactly
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#216 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:40 pm

To be fair, if we did play our bench it would have looked like this

Gutierrez/Teague
Thornton
Kirilenko
Blatche
Plumlee/Collins

We would have lost games either way due to no depth but if you are going to let your starters play. Then, play to win. I just don't understand how they feel comfortable playing like trash at home just to save their rest for the playoffs. It's a slap in the face to the fans.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#217 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 pm

BklynNets wrote:Every time Prokorov and Bills quote me, it's always in disagreement which shows their lack of confidence in this team. Sorry, but Toronto would far from be the favorite against the Nets; upsets are another story but it's unlikely.

What's interesting is the Raps fans are storming in here ready to deliver a knock out punch; it just goes to show their desperation for wanting to beat the Nets. On the other hand, it does not at all seem like the Nets are scared of the Raptors or trying to prove something.

I am being blunt. The Nets can beat the Raptors when they are on their A game defensively and hitting their shots and exploiting mismatches on offense. I believe that they can beat any team in our bracket if they bring that 4 out of 7 games in any series and that includes the Heat.

That said...this idea that the Raptors, who are a good ball club with legit talent in the backcourt and the wing, will just be cannon fodder for the Nets or the "easier" match up is sheer arrogance. These guys didn't just win the division by luck they earned it and have played solid basketball for much of the season. They are more than capable of beating us, especially if the Nets can't flip the switch because they have been in cruise control and frankly it's been shameful how they have decided to finish this season. You win out and develop a culture of NO NIGHTS OFF, not this "oh well, Im not worried about seeding we'll win when we have to do so". If our road record is any indication, we are going to get punched in our mouth in Game 1 because the Raps will come out fired up and we lay down like dying dogs when the pressure is on away from home.

Also, Deron Williams has been garbage as of late and we're now heading into a series where he has to play against a dude that owns him. That match up scares me to death right now. This series can go either way. Don't expect this to be a 5 game cruise because I won't be shocked if we win this by the skin of our teeth
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#218 » by NetsWorld » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 am

I'm disgusted Kidd is trying to tank for the 6th seed. This could be a costly mistake which he may not admit until next training camp come October.
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#219 » by Sisqo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:49 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
BklynNets wrote:Every time Prokorov and Bills quote me, it's always in disagreement which shows their lack of confidence in this team. Sorry, but Toronto would far from be the favorite against the Nets; upsets are another story but it's unlikely.

I am being blunt. The Nets can beat the Raptors when they are on their A game defensively and hitting their shots and exploiting mismatches on offense. I believe that they can beat any team in our bracket if they bring that 4 out of 7 games in any series and that includes the Heat.

That said...this idea that the Raptors, who are a good ball club with legit talent in the backcourt and the wing, will just be cannon fodder for the Nets or the "easier" match up is sheer arrogance. These guys didn't just win the division by luck they earned it and have played solid basketball for much of the season. They are more than capable of beating us, especially if the Nets can't flip the switch because they have been in cruise control and frankly it's been shameful how they have decided to finish this season. You win out and develop a culture of NO NIGHTS OFF, not this "oh well, Im not worried about seeding we'll win when we have to do so". If our road record is any indication, we are going to get punched in our mouth in Game 1 because the Raps will come out fired up and we lay down like dying dogs when the pressure is on away from home.

Also, Deron Williams has been garbage as of late and we're now heading into a series where he has to play against a dude that owns him. That match up scares me to death right now. This series can go either way. Don't expect this to be a 5 game cruise because I won't be shocked if we win this by the skin of our teeth

Its nice to see a nets fan perspective that isn't blinded by being a nets fan.
Naysorn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,210

Post#220 » by Naysorn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 am

See you in the playoffs.

We will win.
Fan of wrestling, television, and most importantly... your Toronto Raptors.

Return to Brooklyn Nets