De8 wrote:
Superjudge wrote:
Paradise wrote:Knicks: 109
Nets: 98

Tanking is lame.

Brooklyn is lame.

careful what they wish for

yea ok bitch lmfao

Oh wow, what a clever response. I'm stumped.

read a book bud.

I hope Toronto does get Brooklyn, and the 3 officials the NBA will send to ensure they get enough help..... it's going to look pretty good on the Nets when they Get pumped.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: PG: Nets Tank For 6th? 

Post#182 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 am

Superjudge wrote:
Paradise wrote:Knicks: 109
Nets: 98

Tanking is lame.

Brooklyn is lame.

careful what they wish for

Including getting banned too, eh?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#183 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:05 am

lol, it's hilarious to me that Raptors fans are terrified of the refs being in our favor, if they play us. Reading their forum, it seems to be the main reason why they don't want to play us :lol:
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#184 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 am

DarkXaero wrote:lol, it's hilarious to me that Raptors fans are terrified of the refs being in our favor, if they play us. Reading their forum, it seems to be the main reason why they don't want to play us :lol:

Why is that funny? lol

S/O to TZ!
Paradise

Post#185 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 am

I don't understand the tough talk coming from the Raps board either. They would be 1-3 against us if it wasn't for that rare inbounds turnover from Deron.

They barely could defeat us on a back to back without Deron and KG back in February and they couldn't beat us without KG in the last meeting.

They need to relax. Nobody is bothering their board, don't come looking for attention on ours.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#186 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 am

Zachbretton wrote:All I take away from this game, just from watching us play...

WE NEED SHAUN LIVINGSTON BACK! Now more than ever I can see how much he is the glue that makes this "long ball" destructive. Without him, the pace is off and we just don't play anywhere close to the same...

I assume that's why he's been out for these 3 games or so since JKidd notices this and wants him as on the ball and rested as possible... but wow, Livingston is truly our glue.

and to piggyback on my above point, after this season, we NEED to resign him... no question.

otherwise, this was a silly game that just shouldn't have happened, I hate that we actually put in the starters for this... but whatever, all we can do is look towards the postseason.

Now more than ever, tomorrow matters. It decides who we play in the first round in many regards. Either we win and Raps lose, or we lose and Raps win... either way, let's hope we get the Raps in the first, if not, we better be ready for a really stiff first round against those Defensive Bulls

I've been saying Shaun has been our best player...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#187 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:22 am

Paradise wrote:I don't understand the tough talk coming from the Raps board either. They would be 1-3 against us if it wasn't for that rare inbounds turnover from Deron.

They barely could defeat us on a back to back without Deron and KG back in February and they couldn't beat us without KG in the last meeting.

They need to relax. Nobody is bothering their board, don't come looking for attention on ours.

Well DeMar didn't play the game the Raps won in Brooklyn, and you could say they were a Ross turnover from 3-1 and Amir 3 pointer from being 4-0 against the Nets.

Works both ways.

S/O to TZ!
Paradise

Post#188 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:23 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:lol, it's hilarious to me that Raptors fans are terrified of the refs being in our favor, if they play us. Reading their forum, it seems to be the main reason why they don't want to play us :lol:

Why is that funny? lol

Because it's wrong. The Raps have gotten a combined 53 Free Throw Attempts in the first two meetings in the Post-Gay era. Much more than the Nets.

The last matchup the Raps got 24 attempts and the Nets got 31 which is only because they intentionally fouled. The Nets had only 27 attempts before the Raps fouled to save the game.

It's a pretty lame excuse to blame everything on officiating. Especially, in the playoffs.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#189 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:23 am

VinBaker6 wrote:

Why is that funny? lol
It's funny because I don't recall any blatant ref advantage to the Nets when they played the Raptors this season.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#190 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 am

Paradise wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

Why is that funny? lol

Because it's wrong. The Raps have gotten a combined 53 Free Throw Attempts in the first two meetings in the Post-Gay era. Much more than the Nets.

The last matchup the Raps got 24 attempts and the Nets got 31 which is only because they intentionally fouled. The Nets had only 27 attempts before the Raps fouled to save the game.

It's a pretty lame excuse to blame everything on officiating. Especially, in the playoffs.

We don't. Its jokes, but its also a legitimate concern, especially in the playoffs. Vets/HOFers are going to get calls over young players in the playoffs.

S/O to TZ!
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#191 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Paradise wrote:I don't understand the tough talk coming from the Raps board either. They would be 1-3 against us if it wasn't for that rare inbounds turnover from Deron.

Well DeMar didn't play the game the Raps won in Brooklyn, and you could say they were a Ross turnover from 3-1 and Amir 3 pointer from being 4-0 against the Nets.

Works both ways.
No, it doesn't. The Deron turnover was a fluke, and something that rarely ever happens in a game like that. It was a rookie mistake from a veteran player who is supposed to be much smarter than that. Ross turnover does not have the same context. Amir Johnson is not a 3 pt shooter.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#192 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:31 am

DarkXaero wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

Works both ways.
No, it doesn't. The Deron turnover was a fluke, and something that rarely ever happens in a game like that. It was a rookie mistake from a veteran player who is supposed to be much smarter than that. Ross turnover does not have the same context. Amir Johnson is not a 3 pt shooter.

Amir can hit the occasional 3, he's actually shooting 30% on the season and was shooting a ridiculous 38% to start the season.

If Deron inbounds the ball, how does the equate a win? Not a guarantee Nets hit the FT's, and if they did, the Raps could still tie the game on a 3. A win is a win is my point. The Raps won without their all-star and leading scorer in Brooklyn, which is a much better win than beating the Raps without KG.

I'm very confident the Raps beat Brooklyn, especially with the HC advantage and insane playoff crowd. I wouldn't expect anything but confidence either from a Net fan. Gonna be close.

S/O to TZ!
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#193 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Why is that funny? lol

We don't. Its jokes, but its also a legitimate concern, especially in the playoffs. Vets/HOFers are going to get calls over young players in the playoffs.

:lol:
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#194 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:34 am

MGrand15 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

:lol:

:D

S/O to TZ!
Paradise

Post#195 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:52 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

Works both ways.

Amir can hit the occasional 3, he's actually shooting 30% on the season and was shooting a ridiculous 38% to start the season.

If Deron inbounds the ball, how does the equate a win? Not a guarantee Nets hit the FT's, and if they did, the Raps could still tie the game on a 3. A win is a win is my point. The Raps won without their all-star and leading scorer in Brooklyn, which is a much better win than beating the Raps without KG.

I'm very confident the Raps beat Brooklyn, especially with the HC advantage and insane playoff crowd. I wouldn't expect anything but confidence either from a Net fan. Gonna be close.

If a win is a win, we wouldn't be subjected to trolls spamming about the Nets needing bias calls to beat the Raptors which is comical and you may sugarcoat it as jokes but obviously it's a legit generalization Raps fans have.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#196 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 am

Paradise wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:No, it doesn't. The Deron turnover was a fluke, and something that rarely ever happens in a game like that. It was a rookie mistake from a veteran player who is supposed to be much smarter than that. Ross turnover does not have the same context. Amir Johnson is not a 3 pt shooter.

If a win is a win, we wouldn't be subjected to trolls spamming about the Nets needing bias calls to beat the Raptors which is comical and you may sugarcoat it as jokes but obviously it's a legit generalization Raps fans have.

I mentioned "a win is a win" because you said the Nets would 3-1 if not for D-Will's TO (that was a silly point btw). Has nothing to do with anything else. No complained about officiating in the games played this season. But since you cannot refute what I said you will stick to silly generalizations about the largest internet fanbase in basketball.

I would love a match up with the Nets. I feel the Raps can beat them. It would be sweet since literally no one would pick them to win based on nothing but conjecture (i.e. playoff experience!).

Edit: I like this board, so please don't take this as trolling :D

S/O to TZ!
Paradise

Post#197 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

I mentioned "a win is a win" because you said the Nets would 3-1 if not for D-Will's TO (that was a silly point btw). Has nothing to do with anything else. No complained about officiating in the games played this season. But since you cannot refute what I said you will stick to silly generalizations about the largest internet fanbase in basketball.

Really? I've seen differently. I'm not saying every single Raptor fan feels that way but it is certainly a generalization that is not just considered jokes. I'm also not sure how it's a silly point to make that the Nets would be 3-1 on the Raptors if Deron didn't commit a costly turnover. It was 4.2 seconds left and the game was in hand even if someone missed free throws, the Raptors had no timeouts to advance. It's flat out a play that rarely ever happens.

The Raps clearly didn't play superior basketball at the end of the day in all 3 meetings to draw smack talking trolls and same goes for our play vs the Raptors but I don't consider you posting here as trolling. You have the right to defend your team and fanbase just as anyone else.

This team needs the 5th seed and it's frustrating watching them not care about the upside of that path. We don't need Raptor fans trolling our fans after a bad loss for no reason. It's going to eventually start to make you as a fanbase look bad time and time again. It's the nature of the situation.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#198 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 am

Paradise wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Really? I've seen differently. I'm not saying every single Raptor fan feels that way but it is certainly a generalization that is not just considered jokes. I'm also not sure how it's a silly point to make that the Nets would be 3-1 on the Raptors if Deron didn't commit a costly turnover. It was 4.2 seconds left and the game was in hand even if someone missed free throws, the Raptors had no timeouts to advance. It's flat out a play that rarely ever happens.

The Raps clearly didn't play superior basketball at the end of the day in all 3 meetings to draw smack talking trolls and same goes for our play vs the Raptors but I don't consider you posting here as trolling. You have the right to defend your team and fanbase just as anyone else.

This team needs the 5th seed and it's frustrating watching them not care about the upside of that path. We don't need Raptor fans trolling our fans after a bad loss for no reason. It's going to eventually start to make you as a fanbase look bad time and time again. It's the nature of the situation.

I think it would be an even series, and I'm confident in my team. As well, I just checked the video, and the turnover occurred with 12 seconds left. Raps also had a full time out left, far from over if he safely inbounds it.

I get wanting to avoid Miami, but wouldn't you wanna face them earlier when you're not as beat up (if you advance)? Not the worst thing.

Sent from my SGH-T589W using Tapatalk 2

S/O to TZ!
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Re: GT: Knicks vs Nets - Tues, 4/15/14 8:00pm TNT 

Post#199 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 am

BlackOutBobcat wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:
BlackOutBobcat wrote:
Yeah I think all three teams in question would prefer Toronto, we really **** ourselves over with that loss to Boston a game after taking the sixth seed, so we kinda made our bed with this one. Obviously your game doesn't have any bearing on our finish but I'm intrigued by the position Washington has been put in now. They could mail it in if they think you guys will fall, however then they run the risk of us catching them.

That's why Bobcats/Bulls moving up an hour is so lame. However, say we blow out Chicago, and it starts early. That would guarantee Chicago finishing 4th, and would also allow Brooklyn and Washington to...angle for sixth and Toronto.

Yep, i personally wouldn't angle for it, though, i would look at the bigger picture and face chicago anyways, i would just try to avoid a second round series vs miami. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Yup, best of luck to you guys though. Like I said it doesn't really matter to us where ya'll finish, just as long as the Wizards lose :D

Just wondering..if the cats beat the bulls then washington winning affect the cats right? Just the Nets? (If they are to lose).
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Re: GT: Knicks vs Nets - Tues, 4/15/14 8:00pm TNT 

Post#200 » by Illmatic21 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 am

Mr. Tibbs wrote:
BlackOutBobcat wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:
Yep, i personally wouldn't angle for it, though, i would look at the bigger picture and face chicago anyways, i would just try to avoid a second round series vs miami. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Yup, best of luck to you guys though. Like I said it doesn't really matter to us where ya'll finish, just as long as the Wizards lose :D

Just wondering..if the cats beat the bulls then washington winning affect the cats right? Just the Nets? (If they are to lose).

Even if Bobcats win, a Washington win over Boston would lock Charlotte into 7th. Then the Nets would be 5th if they win, 6th if they lose.

Return to Brooklyn Nets