PG: One game down. One to go!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: PG: One game down. One to go! 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:We are the last team who should call anyone out for being too reliant on 3 point shooting. they have a better SRS then us (even if you only count from 2014 on) and have a higher ranked offense and defense (even if you only count from 2014 on).

they have battled us to pretty much 1 possesion games in every one of our matchups, and they are a bad matchup in that we rely on points off turnovers and they dont turn it over.

We also suck on the road and have struggled to beat the knicks and magic let alone the raps

it would be an upset if we won. not a big one, but they should be favored to win the series. to think we should handle them is homerific

Your very unbiased, one of the few on realgm. I think you guys are favored though because of your veteran experience. At the end of the day there seems to be this idea that experience>youth and whether that's correct or not remains to be seen.

Studies have been done to show experience is not as a big factor as one would think. That being said if we do meet it'll be a hell of a series, best one in the 1st round and there should be a lot of hate between both teams because of the history and how all the games have gone this year.

I just dont want Miami in the 2nd round if we're getting you guys in the 1st round. If we make it out I want Indiana and idk why Nets are overconfident thinking they can beat us and Miami. Indy would be more favorable for anyone in the east at this point.

there is no hate from Nets fans towards raptors fans. its pretty one sided, which is understandable because of the VC trade
Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

Post#22 » by Scarface844 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:there is no hate from Nets fans towards raptors fans. its pretty one sided, which is understandable because of the VC trade

I don't mean hate like Boston-Miami hate but there is some animosity between both teams. All 4 games this year have been close, Ross said he wants to face you guys in the playoffs for development reasons, Blatche taking offense because he thought Ross meant that as a diss, the media favoring you guys over us, tanking for the 6th spot to face us, Kidd & Casey past relationship, Pierce's hate for the Raptors, Anderson a former Raptor and then finally the 06-07 series.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#23 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Where in my post did I criticize them for shooting threes?

They are only good at one thing and it's shooting threes. They rank 20th in every other offensive category

That's not criticism. They rank 6th in three point percentage and 24th in two point percentage and 22nd in field goal percentage.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#24 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
They are only good at one thing and it's shooting threes. They rank 20th in every other offensive category. We actually have more wins against + .500 teams than they do in the new year.

We flat out should handle this team with all due respect to them. No excuses.

We are the last team who should call anyone out for being too reliant on 3 point shooting. they have a better SRS then us (even if you only count from 2014 on) and have a higher ranked offense and defense (even if you only count from 2014 on).

they have battled us to pretty much 1 possesion games in every one of our matchups, and they are a bad matchup in that we rely on points off turnovers and they dont turn it over.

We also suck on the road and have struggled to beat the knicks and magic let alone the raps

it would be an upset if we won. not a big one, but they should be favored to win the series. to think we should handle them is homerific
It would be an upset if we won? lmao, prokorov never ceases to amaze me with his ridiculous posts. Not even Raptors fans think that they would be favorites in this series.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#25 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:there is no hate from Nets fans towards raptors fans. its pretty one sided, which is understandable because of the VC trade

I don't mean hate like Boston-Miami hate but there is some animosity between both teams. All 4 games this year have been close, Ross said he wants to face you guys in the playoffs for development reasons, Blatche taking offense because he thought Ross meant that as a diss, the media favoring you guys over us, tanking for the 6th spot to face us, Kidd & Casey past relationship, Pierce's hate for the Raptors, Anderson a former Raptor and then finally the 06-07 series.

i dont think there is even an ounce of dislike on our side to be honest. other then blatche being a knucklehead. i dont think anderson has any animosity and kidd seems to care less.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#26 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

DarkXaero wrote:It would be an upset if we won? lmao, prokorov never ceases to amaze me with his ridiculous posts. Not even Raptors fans think that they would be favorites in this series.

1) yes raps fans do think they would be favorites

2) we absolutely should be udnerdogs in any road series since we are a bad road team
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#27 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:It would be an upset if we won? lmao, prokorov never ceases to amaze me with his ridiculous posts. Not even Raptors fans think that they would be favorites in this series.

1) yes raps fans do think they would be favorites

2) we absolutely should be udnerdogs in any road series since we are a bad road team
With a veteran group like ours, I would say that we should be able to win on the road in the playoffs. We've been a surprisingly poor road team but I think some of it has been circumstantial, especially in 2014. The effort and intensity should be high in the playoffs on the road, from this team.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Scarface844 wrote:

there's no on court rivalry. Our fanbase just thinks that Raptor fans are a bunch of obnoxious dicks.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

Post#29 » by Scarface844 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:there's no on court rivalry. Our fanbase just thinks that Raptor fans are a bunch of obnoxious dicks.

Every fan base thinks every other fanbase is annoying. Every fanbase has people that are annoying, don't judge an entire fanbase based on a couple of annoying fans otherwise i'd be judging you guys based off of the Netsdaily fans.

I say **** the Nets, **** the Wiz, **** the cats on the Raptors board but that's cause i'm rooting for my team of course. I got nothing against yall as an organization. I do dislike a lot of players on your team though.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#30 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:there's no on court rivalry. Our fanbase just thinks that Raptor fans are a bunch of obnoxious dicks.

Every fan base thinks every other fanbase is annoying. Every fanbase has people that are annoying, don't judge an entire fanbase based on a couple of annoying fans otherwise i'd be judging you guys based off of the Netsdaily fans.

I say **** the Nets, **** the Wiz, **** the cats on the Raptors board but that's cause i'm rooting for my team of course. I got nothing against yall as an organization. I do dislike a lot of players on your team though.

We aren't judging the entire Raptors fanbase but I'd say 30% of the RealGM Raptors fanbase is obnoxious.

A few of us didn't like the fact some well known posters in the Raptors forum went on GB and said we are a cocky and rude fanbase since the move to Brooklyn which is downright laughable.

We have nothing against other fanbases. Anyone is welcome here. We simply don't tolerate or appreciate the immaturity Raptor fans usually try to start.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#31 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 pm

So with the roster the nets are putting out tonight I 100 percent think they are tanking to get 6 th. if the wizards win and nets lose tonight the nets are 6th. I think it's not about who they play first round, it was always going to be the raptors or bulls, its about the second round and avoiding the pacers. Wow

Return to Brooklyn Nets