ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 1 PG: The "North" Can't Handle The Truth!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Re: Game 1 PG: The 

Post#921 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:48 am

Paradise wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:The truth. That I cannot handle. Goes like this. This like many games is a seasaw of runs. The 18-2 run in the first quarter rippled through to the final tally. Quarter one. Nets win by 8 that included the 18-2 run. Quarter 2. Raps win by 4. Quarter 3. Nets win by 1. Quarter 4. Nets win by 2. That's a close game where 19 turnovers and JJ shooting over a shty defender won the game.

Um, the 19 turnovers probably had to do with the fact, the Nets are #1 in the league at forcing turnovers and 6th in steals.

JJ has torched all kinds of defenses this season. He is simply unstoppable in the post and in the lane with the floater. Blaming it on a crappy defender isn't saying much since Toronto doesn't have any elite wing defensive stoppers to throw on him in the first place.

The "truth" is the Raptors were beaten. You can create all of the mini breakdowns but the the Nets played their game plan and did it a with the second worst shooting performance of the season.

I'm sure the Raptors will try to clean up those areas and there is no guarantee we win the series. It just seems to me, Raptor fans just can't seem to accept losing which is puzzling to me.

Loss accepted. Fully. But one game do not a series make as you have alluded to. Respectfully. You make a good point though as they attempt to adjust to deal with JJ who now gets left open??? Don't say Pierce because that would mean another big breakdown. I think Raps will close the paint even more but if long balls are going in it could be worse trouble. If the Raps shut the paint down and both teams are hitting long balls this is where the series gets tied in my humble. The slow half court of the Raps may change a bit and that should get interesting for better or for worse. Lowry, Ross and Vasquez are serious 3 point shooters who other than Lowry also underperformed badly in game 1. The 4 for 24 3-point shooting did have somewhat to do with the Raps actually closing out the shooters but also some lacklustre and stale shooting by the Nets. Raptors slow game cuts down on turnovers but it plays to the advantage of the opposing team when they are not as gassed. The 18-2 run was a serious letdown and that kind of miscue can't happen if they want to win some (any) games. Other than the flurry of body blows of that run I like the Raps chances.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Game 1 PG: The 

Post#922 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:52 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:Lowry, Ross and Vasquez are serious 3 point shooters who other than Lowry also underperformed badly in game 1.

How did Vazques underperform badly in game 1?

18 poitns 8 assists and 3-5 from three point range.

The 4 for 24 3-point shooting did have somewhat to do with the Raps actually closing out the shooters but also some lacklustre and stale shooting by the Nets. .

Nets had TONS of open looks. it had alot more to do with it being on the road. role players dont hit there 3s on the road with much consistency in the playoffs. I dont expect thornton, mirza, or anderson to hit many 3s again in game 2. Nets need to not settle for 3s
Wizdome
Starter
And1: 2,677

Re: Game 1 PG: The "North" Can't Handle The Truth! 

Post#923 » by Wizdome » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
Skeezo wrote: NY (Brooklyn) will always be respected, but if you don't wanna give your Little Brother to the North their just due, then we just gonna take it...

#WeTheNorth

You should try harder next time. Cause you didn't take anything today.

seriously... and even if the raps beat us, they wont earn any respect, because no one takes canadia seriously anyhow.

Ignorant much? Your disgracing your country with your stupidity.

Anyway i came here to say GG, another close game and has been really enjoyable watching this series where the game can go either way.
I like you.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#924 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 am

Really close. The Nets play great D so for those dissing Kidd I have to say those heart stopping open looks that Pierce got late looked well drawn up to me. I think he also knows that he can't burn his troops out hence the lower minutes. To be honest I thought the Nets were going to be like Miami where the outcome in their minds was predetermined. Not so. Nets are tough.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#925 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Wizdome wrote:Ignorant much? Your disgracing your country with your stupidity.

lol
AWillFan20
Sophomore
And1: 36

Re: GT: NETS @ RAPTORS - Game 1 Saturday, 4/19/14 12:30pm E 

Post#926 » by AWillFan20 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm

VCRJKidd15 wrote:I love how out of nowhere the Nets somehow got the referees on their side....Some Raptors fans just thinking of excuses ahead of time just in case.

Out of no where?
http://nesn.com/2014/04/tim-donaghy-nba ... iami-heat/

You think the Raptors aren't getting the worse end of more calls than Brooklyn, you're blind/deaf/dumb. The Nets did not get called for ONE foul the end of Game 1. I don't care if the FT disparity isn't huge, that just does not happen.

Sure, Derozan gets to the line a ton this series, but there's been so many momentum swinging calls against the Raptors it's not funny.
Some Of You Complain Too Much!
Doug Christie >>> MoPete
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#927 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:13 pm

AWillFan20 wrote:
VCRJKidd15 wrote:I love how out of nowhere the Nets somehow got the referees on their side....Some Raptors fans just thinking of excuses ahead of time just in case.

Out of no where?
http://nesn.com/2014/04/tim-donaghy-nba ... iami-heat/

You think the Raptors aren't getting the worse end of more calls than Brooklyn, you're blind/deaf/dumb. The Nets did not get called for ONE foul the end of Game 1. I don't care if the FT disparity isn't huge, that just does not happen.

Sure, Derozan gets to the line a ton this series, but there's been so many momentum swinging calls against the Raptors it's not funny.

Lol The Raptors had FIVE FG attempts in the paint. They had no fouls due to the Raptors settling for jumpers.

Don't give me that crap about officiating when the refs had every chance to gift us a win on Our home court. The place the Nets barely lose. So, please don't even go there. Raptor fans have already disgraced their own franchise in the series in the eyes of Nets fans.

Return to Brooklyn Nets