ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Bojan Bogdanovic thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Re: Bojan Bogdanovic Discussion 

Post#221 » by DeRoma » Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:12 pm

What do you guys think of trading Bogs for Shabazz?
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#222 » by kamaze » Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:14 pm

Shabazz who?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#223 » by DeRoma » Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:16 pm

kamaze wrote:Shabazz who?

Muhammad
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#224 » by shakendfries » Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:19 pm

I'd hope the Nets can get a better return on Bogs. Even if Bogs needs to be packaged with someone else to make a deal happen, I'd prefer a draft pick
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:35 pm

DeRoma wrote:

Muhammad

i think the wolves would laugh at us
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#226 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 3, 2016 10:06 pm

Nets are likely to get more out of keeping Bojan than attempting a trade. His value isn't high enough to get traded a prospect like Muhammad.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#227 » by wolves_89 » Sun Apr 3, 2016 10:11 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Muhammad

i think the wolves would laugh at us

You are correct, Minnesota would laugh at that proposal. Wolves would never do a Muhammad for Bogdanovic trade. I don't know of any teams that would make a trade where they give up the better player who is also younger with far more upside.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#228 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 4, 2016 1:46 pm

if i can get pick in the top 35- 40 for bogs i take it.

i know the tail end of that range seems low. but consider bogs is 27, not really someone you want starting, and killpatrick can fill his role for 3 million dollars less.

the pick you get allows you to go after the younger version of bogs on an non gauranteed contract, or if we get a first a younger guy on a rookie scale deal
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#229 » by jbeachboy » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:48 pm

who is giving a nets in that pick range for bogs? hornets were offering garbage for bogs.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#230 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:if i can get pick in the top 35- 40 for bogs i take it.

i know the tail end of that range seems low. but consider bogs is 27, not really someone you want starting, and killpatrick can fill his role for 3 million dollars less.

the pick you get allows you to go after the younger version of bogs on an non gauranteed contract, or if we get a first a younger guy on a rookie scale deal

If going into the season Killpatrick is the starter we're in trouble.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 4, 2016 8:44 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:if i can get pick in the top 35- 40 for bogs i take it.

If going into the season Killpatrick is the starter we're in trouble.

killpatrick wouldnt start, he would be filling bogs role as a bench starter. if we go into the season either starting we will be terrible.

killpatrcik can do what bogs does. give me the draft pick.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#232 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 4, 2016 11:42 pm

a 2nd round pick??? you're better off keeping him for that return. once you entered 35-40 territory you lost me. we can buy a pick in that range

Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#233 » by Net Sentence » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:56 am

MrDollarBills wrote:a 2nd round pick??? you're better off keeping him for that return. once you entered 35-40 territory you lost me. we can buy a pick in that range

In a bad draft I think we can get a Plumlee like return for Bogs in the 23-26 range. But why would we?

We already have 3 rookies on the team: Kilpatrick(only played 4 games last season) , RHJ and McCullough who are going to be with the team next year.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#234 » by jbeachboy » Tue Apr 5, 2016 7:01 pm

i would take a 35 to 40, this draft has some solid talent in the 2nd round. bogs is just too inconsistent to be part of nets. plus his defense stinks.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 6, 2016 4:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:a 2nd round pick??? you're better off keeping him for that return. once you entered 35-40 territory you lost me. we can buy a pick in that range

bogs himself was a second rounder in that range. id rather get the next bogs on a eurostash then keep the current one at 3.5 million. Especially since we have killpatrick to come off the bench as a scorer/shooter. bogs is like 26 or 27. his ceiling probably isnt much higher and has hasnt yielded positive results in a reserve roll or without big minutes and usage.

unless we dont plan on signing a starting wing, id prefer we move him for picks and space
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#236 » by spaceballer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:00 pm

So I was just reading on Nets Daily about how he had to sneak out of Turkey with the help of the Greeks during the attempted military coup in Turkey on Friday. Wow.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#237 » by Rockice_24 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:25 pm

No need to trade Bogs unless it's a package for a starting caliber player and since he's not that valuable it probably won't happen.

I'd keep Bogs off the bench as a backup SF to RHJ. Having two guys like Skil and Bogs off the bench at least give us some firepower there. Can never have enough bench shooters.

Vasquez
Skill
Bogs
CMC
Scola

That's a pretty bad defensive team but at least the games they are hot on offense they will be a decent enough bench to keep us in games. Vasquez and Scola are smart offensive/ball movement type players and know how to play the right way. With Skill and Bogs next to them they should be able to get them open looks as shooters. Skill and Bogs can both go off at any time if their shot is falling. We need that type of spark from the bench.

Trading Bogs for a second rounder probably isn't a great idea at this point.
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#238 » by Curns13 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:No need to trade Bogs unless it's a package for a starting caliber player and since he's not that valuable it probably won't happen.

I'd keep Bogs off the bench as a backup SF to RHJ. Having two guys like Skil and Bogs off the bench at least give us some firepower there. Can never have enough bench shooters.

Vasquez
Skill
Bogs
CMC
Scola

That's a pretty bad defensive team but at least the games they are hot on offense they will be a decent enough bench to keep us in games. Vasquez and Scola are smart offensive/ball movement type players and know how to play the right way. With Skill and Bogs next to them they should be able to get them open looks as shooters. Skill and Bogs can both go off at any time if their shot is falling. We need that type of spark from the bench.

Trading Bogs for a second rounder probably isn't a great idea at this point.

I would keep him until the deadline and see how he is going. If we want to keep him next year it is going to eat into the cap space we have for starting level free agents, so if a contender is looking for some outside shooting and would give up a first rounder or a prospect and a 2nd rounder I'd look to move him before we lose him for nothing.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#239 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 pm

bogs is probably gone, he is not worth overpaying after this contract ends, i would look to see what we can get for him at trade deadline.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Bojan's not netting much value unless he take a step up production wise this season.

I just came here though to say that the story about his escape from Turkey was bad ass, and his girlfriend is f'n HOT.

He needs to start bringing her to games where we can see her.

There's no reason to trade him now.

Return to Brooklyn Nets