Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: 2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II 

Post#441 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Brook appears to be at his rookie season body weight as well.

is that a good thing or bad thing? he was already kind of soft inside. on the flipside i guess its less weight on his foot which cant really be a bad thing?

Well, he weighed 275 during his all-star season, so a lighter weight size shouldn't necessarily cause him any problems. You could make the argument less muscle should make him quicker in the post.

i find quicker to be irrelevant... maybe he will be quicker, but quicker then super slow is still pretty damn slow. his biggest issue is strength inside.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#442 » by MGrand15 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Brook is plenty strong - only the biggest guys in the league are able to push him around a bit and that has more to do with toughness. His biggest issue is staying healthy and dropping weight can help with that. Losing weight and being at 275 means he's still huge. Wanting him at 290+ and wanting him to defend the PNR better makes no sense either...

While stalking Derons trainer/friend's instagram, it seems that he was on a no carb diet for a week before reintroducing some stuff like fruits. Should be coming back slimmer than last year.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#443 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
is that a good thing or bad thing? he was already kind of soft inside. on the flipside i guess its less weight on his foot which cant really be a bad thing?

Well, he weighed 275 during his all-star season, so a lighter weight size shouldn't necessarily cause him any problems. You could make the argument less muscle should make him quicker in the post.

i find quicker to be irrelevant... maybe he will be quicker, but quicker then super slow is still pretty damn slow. his biggest issue is strength inside.

He bullied plenty of bigs inside at 270 during the 12-13 season, though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,833

Post#444 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:50 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I dont really think that is a factor, since wade was putting up numbers like that prior to lebron joining the heat. Wade was at 30/7/5 30 PER and 27/6/5 28 PER the 2 years prior to lebron coming on baord... if anything id say wades numbers suffered a bit playing with lebron

i disagree that heat team wasnt terrific. that team was outstanding, and better then the bulls. the bulls had the better season record, but the bulls didnt have to go through the early struggles a team goes through when incorporating 2 new stars/starters

i never said our series against miami was a failure... i said we got our butts handed to us, which we did and several people claimed we did not.

Miami took the Nets outside and **** ed them in the street. That is not up for debate.

:lol: How would you describe what SAS did to Miami then? Or what Miami did to Chicago who had HCA?

Total annihilation. Same thing.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#445 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:52 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Brook is plenty strong - only the biggest guys in the league are able to push him around a bit and that has more to do with toughness. His biggest issue is staying healthy and dropping weight can help with that. Losing weight and being at 275 means he's still huge. Wanting him at 290+ and wanting him to defend the PNR better makes no sense either...

While stalking Derons trainer/friend's instagram, it seems that he was on a no carb diet for a week before reintroducing some stuff like fruits. Should be coming back slimmer than last year.

Deron had better come into camp looking like skeleton. All of that weight needs to go

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#446 » by NetsWorld » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Rondo reportedly requested a trade. Should the Nets try and pursue? And no, not to trade Deron but maybe some of the younger talent we have on the roster. Rondo is a risk however with that injury and also his attitude.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#447 » by jeff1624 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:46 pm

BklynNets wrote:Rondo reportedly requested a trade. Should the Nets try and pursue? And no, not to trade Deron but maybe some of the younger talent we have on the roster. Rondo is a risk however with that injury and also his attitude.

What purpose would he serve here? We don't need any more players that need the ball in his hands to be productive. Pass.
Dat Leadership
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#448 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
BklynNets wrote:Rondo reportedly requested a trade. Should the Nets try and pursue? And no, not to trade Deron but maybe some of the younger talent we have on the roster. Rondo is a risk however with that injury and also his attitude.

What purpose would he serve here? We don't need any more players that need the ball in his hands to be productive. Pass.

I'd dump Deron for that guy in a second.

Paradise

Post#449 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Nope but Frank Isola did mention a three team deal with us, Houston and Boston. Mainly with the purpose of Rondo heading to Houston. I have no clue why we would be involved.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#450 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:34 pm

unless its for deron, i dont see how it makes sense....

do we really want to trade young players for another older player who has had a recent injury?

Rondo is one of my favorite players, but we need to get younger and healthier, not older and more injury prone.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#451 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:35 pm

Paradise wrote:

Nope but Frank Isola did mention a three team deal with us, Houston and Boston. Mainly with the purpose of Rondo heading to Houston. I have no clue why we would be involved.

maybe to send deron or brook to boston with assets from houston coming this way?

even that doesnt make much sense. deron is a poor fit for boston and they have marcus smart. i can see lopez as he is still 26 and a big?

that or maybe we have a minor asset that helps make salaries work for the rockers/celtics?
Paradise

Post#452 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 5, 2014 9:54 am

I know we all are very critical of Deron as a player because we know he is talented but very disappointing, however I am totally appalled and disgusted by the media and these so called "fans" on Twitter threatening him and calling him an "inbred" because he said hasn't gotten used to living in the city and prefers if he could raise his kids away from lower Manhattan.

Instead of focusing on his dedication to autism and giving hin well deserved support, we have these clowns in the media focused on him saying he hates New York and blatantly lying to create headlines. He is raising his family the right way. He takes his kids on the subway to school like a real father should. He has never made headlines in the media for domestic abuse, drug usage or anything to make himself a bad person.

Looking past his on-court performance when it comes to off the court stuff, he is a terrific example for athletes and teenagers to follow. It's a joke how people look for reasons to blatantly disrespect him and his family. I get it's a New York thing because we've seen Carmelo and other athletes get similar disrespect at times here but it really needs to stop. Especially when it comes at the expense of promoting something serious as Autism Awareness for charity.

/rant
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#453 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:04 pm

Why doesn't he just get a home in Stamford and send his kids to private/prep schools? There are so many in Fairfield County and right across the New York boarder. Then he can have his place in the city where he lives during the season...family visits him, he visits family in Stamford... problem solved? Fairfield County is nothing like living in the city and having to deal with subways and the hustle life in the city.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#454 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:22 pm

Paradise wrote:I know we all are very critical of Deron as a player because we know he is talented but very disappointing, however I am totally appalled and disgusted by the media and these so called "fans" on Twitter threatening him and calling him an "inbred" because he said hasn't gotten used to living in the city and prefers if he could raise his kids away from lower Manhattan.

Instead of focusing on his dedication to autism and giving hin well deserved support, we have these clowns in the media focused on him saying he hates New York and blatantly lying to create headlines. He is raising his family the right way. He takes his kids on the subway to school like a real father should. He has never made headlines in the media for domestic abuse, drug usage or anything to make himself a bad person.

Looking past his on-court performance when it comes to off the court stuff, he is a terrific example for athletes and teenagers to follow. It's a joke how people look for reasons to blatantly disrespect him and his family. I get it's a New York thing because we've seen Carmelo and other athletes get similar disrespect at times here but it really needs to stop. Especially when it comes at the expense of promoting something serious as Autism Awareness for charity.

/rant

I applaud his efforts off the court

on the court, he's a fat pig, a coward, and a thief.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#455 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:29 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Why doesn't he just get a home in Stamford and send his kids to private/prep schools? There are so many in Fairfield County and right across the New York boarder. Then he can have his place in the city where he lives during the season...family visits him, he visits family in Stamford... problem solved? Fairfield County is nothing like living in the city and having to deal with subways and the hustle life in the city.

Or, he could live in New Jersey like most athletes do.

Paradise

Post#456 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:56 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Why doesn't he just get a home in Stamford and send his kids to private/prep schools? There are so many in Fairfield County and right across the New York boarder. Then he can have his place in the city where he lives during the season...family visits him, he visits family in Stamford... problem solved? Fairfield County is nothing like living in the city and having to deal with subways and the hustle life in the city.

Not sure either but I know his son, DJ goes to a special needs school in Manhattan. I suppose that's why.
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Post#457 » by JMaine518 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 2:19 pm

Bojan Bogdanovic vs France 09/7/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9qNTHnBglM
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#458 » by Lamak » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:26 pm

JMAINE_PH wrote:Bojan Bogdanovic vs France 09/7/14

He played a pretty good game, but he was really feeling himself on that last shot. Pull up with all that time left on the clock? :crazy:
Brooklyn Nets
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Post#459 » by JMaine518 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:36 pm

Lamak wrote:
JMAINE_PH wrote:Bojan Bogdanovic vs France 09/7/14

He played a pretty good game, but he was really feeling himself on that last shot. Pull up with all that time left on the clock? :crazy:

Lol he has no fear. That reminds me of pierce
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#460 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 6:21 pm

I hope Brook hasn't lost too much strength... I hate seeing him get pused over by smaller guys...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets