ImageImageImageImageImage

2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: 2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II 

Post#581 » by No-Man » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:29 pm

I am going to propose a Garnett trade that could work, like be realistic for both teams.
Garnett is likely going to retire after next season you will lose him for nothing, even if you do, you wont be able to sign anybody because you will still be way above the cap, thanks to Billy King.

Brooklyn gets, Eric Gordon, Jeff Withey
NOLA gets, Kevin Garnett, Marquis Teague

The Pelicans get out of Gordon deal one year earlier and then they can retool next summer and find a starting SF and improve their bench, plus re-sign Asik, they have not a clear back-up PG so Teague could be a bet for them, knowing Davis for Kentucky aswell.
They can either make a deal with KG for a buy out or use him as a vet player to teach Davis and have the best paint in the league (Anderson, Davis, Garnett, Asik, Ajinca).

The Nets get rid of KG and the stupid idea of playing him as a starter, they retool the team going smallball, something that proved successful and add a young gun that finish his deal in 2016, first summer the Nets will have capspace, plus Withey that is a 7 footer with defensive upside.

Williams-Jack-Gutierrez
Gordon-Anderson-Brown
Johnson-Bogdanovic-Karasev
Kirilenko-Teletovic-Jefferson
Lopez-Plumlee-Withey

I think that roster fits much better with the current state of your players, being more veteran they will play better sliding over SF/PF spots (Johnson/Kirilenko) than playing still in their former positions, especially defensively.

Also it will free much playing time for Plumlee, and opens the floor for Lopez.

And Gordon wont go anywhere, so at least you wont lose a guy like you did with Pierce last summer.

You might be able to even get a pick, 2nd rounder probably, from NOLA, they got their own in 2015 or Sacramento's 2016, they traded their 2015 first, so they cant trade the 2016 one, and I doubt they will include a 1st.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#582 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Fischella wrote:I am going to propose a Garnett trade that could work, like be realistic for both teams.
Garnett is likely going to retire after next season you will lose him for nothing, even if you do, you wont be able to sign anybody because you will still be way above the cap, thanks to Billy King.

You're assumptions are way off. We dont lose garnett for nothing, he sheds 12M off our cap. which at the very least gets us under the luxury tax, which gets us the full MLE back as well as the ability to do sign and trades.

The trade is an easy no for the nets.

We arent going back to small ball, that isnt hollins style and its impossible with brook lopez as your center anyway. KG at Center is one of the things that made small ball work.

Gordon struggles to stay health and he needs the ball. we already have too many guys who cant stay healthy and need the ball. This trade simply doesnt help us. plus, KG has a no trade clause.

If you want to revise it and do something like Gordon for Lopez, that makes more sense as we would be able to dump lopez, free minutes for plumlee at Center and brook and gordons contracts are about the same for next season.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#583 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Hollins on D-Will:
"Deron has been looking very good. I told him couple of days ago, man you look pain free, you're moving very well," the Nets coach told Boomer & Carton on WFAN.
"He's back. He's looking for a big year . I'm looking for a big year out of him.  He's healthy. Brook is healthy..."

"In the past, I didn't have a lot of depth.  I have no objection to going 10 deep, what I like about this team is guys are skilled with high IQ"

On his system:

"We're going to try to put together a system that allows the majority of our players to be successful."

Full Video:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/24/ ... he-knicks/

He also reiterated that people who don’t start right away will need to fight hard and prove they deserve minutes to get them.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#584 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 pm

"We're going to try to put together a system that allows the majority of our players to be successful."

well isn't that refreshing...

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#585 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Paradise wrote:Hollins on D-Will:
"Deron has been looking very good. I told him couple of days ago, man you look pain free, you're moving very well," the Nets coach told Boomer & Carton on WFAN.
"He's back. He's looking for a big year . I'm looking for a big year out of him.  He's healthy. Brook is healthy..."

"In the past, I didn't have a lot of depth.  I have no objection to going 10 deep, what I like about this team is guys are skilled with high IQ"

On his system:

Full Video:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/24/ ... he-knicks/

He also reiterated that people who don’t start right away will need to fight hard and prove they deserve minutes to get them.

Well, I guess he's talking to Plumlee :noway:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#586 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Fischella wrote:I am going to propose a Garnett trade that could work, like be realistic for both teams.

Brooklyn gets, Eric Gordon, Jeff Withey
NOLA gets, Kevin Garnett, Marquis Teague

The Pelicans get out of Gordon deal one year earlier and then they can retool next summer and find a starting SF and improve their bench, plus re-sign Asik, they have not a clear back-up PG so Teague could be a bet for them, knowing Davis for Kentucky aswell.
They can either make a deal with KG for a buy out or use him as a vet player to teach Davis and have the best paint in the league (Anderson, Davis, Garnett, Asik, Ajinca).

The Nets get rid of KG and the stupid idea of playing him as a starter, they retool the team going smallball, something that proved successful and add a young gun that finish his deal in 2016, first summer the Nets will have capspace, plus Withey that is a 7 footer with defensive upside.

Williams-Jack-Gutierrez
Gordon-Anderson-Brown
Johnson-Bogdanovic-Karasev
Kirilenko-Teletovic-Jefferson
Lopez-Plumlee-Withey

I think that roster fits much better with the current state of your players, being more veteran they will play better sliding over SF/PF spots (Johnson/Kirilenko) than playing still in their former positions, especially defensively.

Also it will free much playing time for Plumlee, and opens the floor for Lopez.

And Gordon wont go anywhere, so at least you wont lose a guy like you did with Pierce last summer.

You might be able to even get a pick, 2nd rounder probably, from NOLA, they got their own in 2015 or Sacramento's 2016, they traded their 2015 first, so they cant trade the 2016 one, and I doubt they will include a 1st.

Some of us want Plumlee to start.

And no thanks on Gordon. We'll see what we have with our young guys here. We have enough injury prone players.

And frankly, none of us give a crap about Paul Pierce leaving, and with the east having big frontcourts, we prefer to play a more traditional style instead of small ball.

We are just fine with the team that we have. Thank you.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#587 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:09 pm

trade us Anthony Davis....

or we'll overpay in 2016!!!
The ModFather

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#588 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:52 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:A lineup like this would get me pretty hype:

PG: Mike Conley
SG: Courtney Lee
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Plumlee

Memphis made some trades? lol

Both are FA's in 2016.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#589 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:A lineup like this would get me pretty hype:

PG: Mike Conley
SG: Courtney Lee
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Plumlee

Memphis made some trades? lol

Both are FA's in 2016.

Get Marc gasol a yr early n bam... The Brooklyn nets of Memphis... Lol

Hollins.... The 3 aforementioned... Lol
The ModFather

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#590 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:11 am

Eric Bledsoe re-signed.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise

Post#591 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Eric Bledsoe re-signed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded soon as the TV contract kicks in.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#592 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

paradise, thanks for posting all these updates from Nets camp.

as down as I was last year on our guys at the end of the season, I'm very excited to see what we can do this year. Lot's of reasons to be pumped...

- Dwill coming off surgery... 0 excuses now, and looking fresh with that thick beard lol. Going to be held accountable for all his fallacies under Hollins. From the sound of everything, he's going to have a bounceback/great year. I'm going to be optimistic here!

- Lopez with his surgery to fix his foot (hopefully once and for all). If he can be a dominant scoring center still I'm very happy.

- A new coach, new system, and a guy who seems like he knows what to do with a vet heavy team. As much as some of us liked Kidd, he was just not the man for this kind of team, not the guy for a big market NYC team, and his relationship with Dwill I think got in the way of letting Deron off the hook.

- All the new faces, who seems to fill in nicely for all the guys we lost. Also to add on that, the injection of youth and Euros. I think Jack covers nicely for Livingston and he will be the better traditional point. Livingston suited last year's style, Jack is a new chapter. Excited for Sergy, Markel, and Bogs to leave their mark.

- Even though I was upset about losing Pierce, it just means more looks for JJ and Deron, which isn't a bad thing.

- Plumlee coming off of a great experience with team USA as only a second year player with a ton of potential. Maybe we see him and KG switch starting/reserve roles at some point?

Here's to a solid start to training camp in the next few days!
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#593 » by jbeachboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Lionel hollins was best signing, major upgrade over kidd
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#594 » by Zachbretton » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:51 pm

So what're the details for media day tomorrow? I'm seeing no info anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#595 » by Lamak » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:52 am

I'm getting excited for Media Day and the pre-season. I'm optimistic about this season at this point.

Imagine this lineup post all star break

Deron
Bogdonavic
JJ
Plumlee
Lopez
Brooklyn Nets
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#596 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 7, 2014 2:26 am

In other news...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rodboone/status/519175921727987712[/tweet]
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#597 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:13 am

Just woke up from a dream where we traded for Iman Shumpert and he became really good. True story.

Sent from my D5503 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#598 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Paradise

Post#599 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1349826&start=60

It's truly pathetic how obsessed Raptor fans are with the Nets. Your team has only made out the 1st round ONCE in it's entire existence as a franchise and you want to talk crap? :lol:
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#600 » by DarkXaero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:03 pm

So Celtics will probably waive Will Bynum. Would be a good third string PG here, if we could do it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets