2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: 2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II 

Post#601 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:35 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Just woke up from a dream where we traded for Iman Shumpert and he became really good. True story.

Sent from my D5503 using RealGM Forums mobile app

That's ironic because I was just thinking about how I think he's so mistreated by the Knicks organization. I never believed he had Wade potential like some Knick fans thought he had early on, but IMO he's a bigger, more athletic Tony Allen who can actually develop a corner 3 that would absolutely thrive under Hollins.

I'm sure other teams would pick him up before we would have the opportunity to do so, but if we had the chance to get him I'd hope Billy would seriously entertain it.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#602 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Who says no?

Brooklyn gets, Darren Collison, Carl Landry, Derrick Williams, Ben McLemore and Sacramento 2017 1st round pick (top5 protected, top3 in 2018, top1 in 2019, unprotected in 2020).
Sacramento gets, Deron Williams, Marquis Teague and Cory Jefferson.

The trade gets done when Collison is elegible to be traded.

Collison-Jack
Bogdanovic-McLemore-Brown
Johnson-Kirilenko-Anderson-Karasev
Garnett-Teletovic-Williams-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee

The team is not going to much worse and you gain some young assets, athleticism, depth and flexibility going forward.

Going forward and assuming that Garnett retires, Kirilenko does the same or goes back to CSKA to get more money and play less in a Euroleague contender, you do keep Karasev, and you don't retain one between Williams and Teletovic, that leaves you with, if Lopez opts in,

Collison-Jack
Johnson-Anderson-Karasev
Teletovic or Williams-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee
+2015 1st round pick

at around 76m$, but in 2016, you will have only, part of Jarrett Jack contract guaranteed, Teletovic or Williams if you re-sign them, McLemore QO, Plumlee 2-3m$ second TO, Landry 6,5m$ and Collison+Bogdanovic (8-9m$).

That's about 24m$, maybe, way less that what it'd be with Deron in.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#603 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Fischella wrote:Who says no?

Brooklyn gets, Darren Collison, Carl Landry, Derrick Williams, Ben McLemore and Sacramento 2017 1st round pick (top5 protected, top3 in 2018, top1 in 2019, unprotected in 2020).
Sacramento gets, Deron Williams, Marquis Teague and Cory Jefferson.

The trade gets done when Collison is elegible to be traded.

Collison-Jack
Johnson-Kirilenko-Anderson-Karasev
Garnett-Teletovic-Williams-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee

The team is not going to much worse and you gain some young assets, athleticism, depth and flexibility going forward.

Going forward and assuming that Garnett retires, Kirilenko does the same or goes back to CSKA to get more money and play less in a Euroleague contender, you do keep Karasev, and you don't retain one between Williams and Teletovic, that leaves you with, if Lopez opts in,

Collison-Jack
Johnson-Anderson-Karasev
Teletovic or Williams-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee
+2015 1st round pick

at around 76m$, but in 2016, you will have only, part of Jarrett Jack contract guaranteed, Teletovic or Williams if you re-sign them, McLemore QO, Plumlee 2-3m$ second TO, Landry 6,5m$ and Collison+Bogdanovic (8-9m$).

That's about 24m$, maybe, way less that what it'd be with Deron in.

sacramento says no. if that trade happened id be doing back flips
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#604 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Well Sacramento did bet on Gay, and it turned out just fine, they need a power move to compete in the West and they could bet in Deron coming back to his old shelf in a small community out of NY and the pressure, playing with Gay and Cousins.

Other than the future pick, that you never know, they are not giving up much more, I think is a win-win trade for both sides.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#605 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Fischella wrote:Well Sacramento did bet on Gay, and it turned out just fine, they need a power move to compete in the West and they could bet in Deron coming back to his old shelf in a small community out of NY and the pressure, playing with Gay and Cousins.

Other than the future pick, that you never know, they are not giving up much more, I think is a win-win trade for both sides.

deron's struggles have nothing to do with pressure and everything to do with injury, conditioning, decline, and effort

no way the kings make that deal. they could do so much better with the same assets.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#606 » by DarkXaero » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 am

Fischella wrote:Well Sacramento did bet on Gay, and it turned out just fine, they need a power move to compete in the West and they could bet in Deron coming back to his old shelf in a small community out of NY and the pressure, playing with Gay and Cousins.

Let me save you the time: Don't listen to prokorov who usually has the opposite opinion on everything, from majority of the Nets fans here.

Return to Brooklyn Nets