ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm looking for a little info on your team

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Re: I'm looking for a little info on your team 

Post#21 » by F3LON » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not sure what the reason is for all the Mirza hate. The guy's per 36 numbers show that he will be a contributor to this team.

We frankly need his skills. I have no issue with him rotating in as a starter on nights when Brook is forced to sit.

At best he is a good back up. Everyone is trying to say he is a starter but his production doesnt warrant that at all.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#22 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 pm

F3LON wrote:Your facts dont support anything you claimed. You brought up Playoff defensive rating which still had Pierce way ahead of Mirza.

Again, 3 RTG disparity is NOT a significant gap. They both are toeing the line to average defense and below average.

The other stat you used was virtually equal and you left out that

Pierce had a 20.7 PER as a PF
Mirza had a 15.5 PER as a PF

This has NOTHING to do with defense comparisons. You're grasping at straws here. Pierce averaged 30 minutes a game and scored at an insane efficiency when moved to PF. Shocking his PER would be higher than a guy averaging 19 minutes per game.

That would mean Pierce outplayed the opponents PF 20.7 - 18.1 = +2.6
While Mirza was outplayed at PF 15.5 - 18.5 = -3.0

That enforces my fact that Mirza isnt very good.

That's not a fact. That is simply your opinion and nobody agrees with it. Just leave it alone.

Oh by the way since Im using your stats from 82 games

Plumlee had a 19.5 PER at PF and only gave up a 13.8 PER. (+5.7) Why he is the best option at PF by a mile.

You do realize he spent 25% of his minutes at PF? That's hardly anything to write home about. It's sample size. We have no clue what he can do at PF against NBA starters and I've already endorsed the idea. I'm just not against the Teletovic/Lopez combo.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#23 » by F3LON » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Paradise wrote:
F3LON wrote:Your facts dont support anything you claimed. You brought up Playoff defensive rating which still had Pierce way ahead of Mirza.

Again, 3 RTG disparity is NOT a significant gap. They both are toeing the line to average defense and below average.

A 3 point difference is HUGE. It is very significant.

Paradise wrote:
The other stat you used was virtually equal and you left out that

Pierce had a 20.7 PER as a PF
Mirza had a 15.5 PER as a PF

This has NOTHING to do with defense comparisons. You're grasping at straws here. Pierce averaged 30 minutes a game and scored at an insane efficiency when moved to PF. Shocking his PER would be higher than a guy averaging 19 minutes per game.

You brought PER not me. You obviously dont know how PER works either. It rates players based on production EFFICIENCY. That has nothing to do with playing time. If you want to add context to it then it should be noted that Pierce plays vs starters while Mirza plays vs backups.

Paradise wrote:
That would mean Pierce outplayed the opponents PF 20.7 - 18.1 = +2.6
While Mirza was outplayed at PF 15.5 - 18.5 = -3.0

That enforces my fact that Mirza isnt very good.

That's not a fact. That is simply your opinion and nobody agrees with it. Just leave it alone.

You once again dont know the difference between facts and opinion. An opinion would be "It's hot out". A fact is "It's 96 degrees". Those stats Ive listed are facts.

And you speak for yourself not everyone so your the one who doesnt agree with me. You like Mirza I get it. But he isnt very good based on the stats.

Paradise wrote:
Oh by the way since Im using your stats from 82 games

Plumlee had a 19.5 PER at PF and only gave up a 13.8 PER. (+5.7) Why he is the best option at PF by a mile.

You do realize he spent 25% of his minutes at PF? That's hardly anything to write home about. It's sample size. We have no clue what he can do at PF against NBA starters and I've already endorsed the idea. I'm just not against the Teletovic/Lopez combo.
[/quote]

Hey I do have a clue what he could do at PF because he played 25% of his minutes there. 318.5 minutes in fact. 318.5 minutes in which he did very well.

I do have an idea what Mirza can do. He was outplayed at PF and that wasnt even vs the opposing starting PF. You think he is going to play better vs better competition?

By the way Im still waiting to hear your assessment on Mirza's play on the Toronto series? You've ducked that question 3 times now.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#24 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm

F3LON wrote:By the way Im still waiting to hear your assessment on Mirza's play on the Toronto series? You've ducked that question 3 times now.

I didn't ducked anything. Read carefully next time. I replied to that question already. It was his first playoff series and he didn't play well. Neither did Plumlee or Thornton. All first time playoff performers. I also like how you completely ducked how productive he was against Miami and was a key reason why we didn't get swept. He also guarded Bosh primarily when he was on the floor and Miami couldn't matchup with him. Nobody believes Mirza is a terrible player but you. Believe it if YOU want.

At the end of the day, we don't have any other significant scoring options at PF to replace Pierce besides Mirza. If that means he has to start then so be it. I'm not against starting Plumlee but I am still realistic at the reality of it being a possible failure despite how it may appear on paper. We thought KG/Brook would be an awesome duo and it was a terrible experiment. Asking Plumlee to learn a new position full-time in addition to improved fundamentals is a harder experiment. There is Pros-Cons to both lineups but this silly Mirza hate over it is simply ridiculous. We won nearly 50 games with Reggie Evans at PF. He played no defense and he couldn't score at all. All he could do is rebound even sacrificing defensive possessions just to grab a rebound and pad his stats but starting Mirza would be the worst thing in the world? Please.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#25 » by jbeachboy » Tue Aug 5, 2014 7:38 pm

hello jazz fan, i like moves the jazz have made with new coach and players

our team is upgraded with hollins, an improvement hard nosed old school defensive coach who did wonders with grizzlies

our team is versatile in guys play multiple positions with 3 rookies, we are trying to replace blatche, livingston, and pierce with bogs, corey jefferson, more time for lopez, plumlee, teletovic, and jarrett jack at pg

Return to Brooklyn Nets