4/4 BKN @ ATL

4/12 BKN @ MIL
4/13 CHI @ BKN
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Re: 14-15 Schedule: Nets open vs BOS & OKC 

Post#2 » by Wonderllama » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Ummm... I only count 10 national games (and most on NBATV...)
rj2496
Starter
And1: 111

Post#3 » by rj2496 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 pm

How do we have so few nationally televised games compared to the Knicks? Also....less then Charlotte.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#4 » by Paradise » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Wonderllama wrote:Ummm... I only count 10 national games (and most on NBATV...)

You're right. There is alot of inaccurate schedules on the team websites.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#5 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:41 am

If we are under .500 after 10 games into the season... I don't even know.

I like the opening schedule though. 2 cupcakes followed by OKC. I am really eager to see this team get tested by the Thunder early on. Although last year we beat the Heat in the second game of the season and sucked real bad for a while after that.

THANK GOD I don't have to be disappointed on Christmas or NYE again this year. I can actually enjoy the holidays again.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#6 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 am

rj2496 wrote:How do we have so few nationally televised games compared to the Knicks? Also....less then Charlotte.

The Knicks have a massive fanbase and are always tops (along with the Lakers) in team revenue. The demand for the Knicks will always be high.

Considering the number of times we've been destroyed on national television and the luster of being the new team in NYC has worn off, the NBA has moved onto the next "new" team with the Hornets. Even though it's a simple name change, they almost feel like a new team.

I can kinda care less about being on national television. The main priority is winning some games and getting to the playoffs even it's a low seed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 am

The Nets have humiliated themselves on national television several times over the last two seasons. Embarrassing blow out losses with **** effort last year probably made the league's top brass not even wanna touch this team with a ten foot pole.

Joe Johnson is an awesome player, but he's not selling jerseys. Deron Williams is a BITCH. Brook Lopez, who cares? He has missed 2 out of 3 seasons.

The honeymoon is over.

At this point, do you wanna know how to add more national games to the schedule? Kick ass in the national games that you do have, and actually look like a competent team in the PLAYOFFS.

The Nets have spent their capital, and I'm glad. Now the real work begins.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 am

rj2496 wrote:How do we have so few nationally televised games compared to the Knicks? Also....less then Charlotte.

Knicks have Carmelo. A superstar.

Bobcats have Lance Stephenson and Al Jefferson

Sorry to say, but Deron Williams and Brook Lopez aren't must see TV,

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#9 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Neither is Jefferson or Stephenson. I don't mind it but It's pretty ridiculous the teams that went further in the playoffs don't get extra coverage a year later.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#10 » by MGrand15 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:12 am

We've been a really slow-paced team with the tendency to get embarrassed on National TV since we've moved to Brooklyn. Hollins will def play a slow pace as well. No surprise our ESPN/TNT games have been cut down. I'm actually glad. I'd rather fly under the radar and listen to Ian Eagle.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Neither is Jefferson or Stephenson. I don't mind it but It's pretty ridiculous the teams that went further in the playoffs don't get extra coverage a year later.

I'd wager that the Bobcats won't go out there and dog it. Not with the competitive guys they have on that roster. That's why they are on TV and we're not. The return of the Charlotte Hornets is a big story. They have some nice talent on their squad, and their owner is the game's greatest player ever. The Nets failed last year to capitalize on any of their "newness" by going out there and getting off to a horrific 10-21 start, and then barely posing a challenge to Miami being dispatched in 5 games.

I understand your frustration, but how many times have we've seen our team get on national TV and embarrass themselves? I mean how many times can you recall turning on ABC and watching the Nets play like garbage?

Remember the blowout against the Knicks in front of the entire country? The NBA has every right to keep our appearances to a minimum, those games we've had outside of the playoffs have been flat out horrible to watch.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:23 pm

a few reasons, most importantly i would assume is how horrible the ratings were for our national games last season. then throw in we arent a very exciting team and dont project to be a top team
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:25 pm

macgyver893 wrote:If we are under .500 after 10 games into the season... I don't even know.

I like the opening schedule though. 2 cupcakes followed by OKC. I am really eager to see this team get tested by the Thunder early on. Although last year we beat the Heat in the second game of the season and sucked real bad for a while after that.

THANK GOD I don't have to be disappointed on Christmas or NYE again this year. I can actually enjoy the holidays again.

i wouldnt call detroit or Boston cupcakes since we struggled with both of those teams last season and both games are on the road. neither of those are gimmie wins, especially if dwill isnt fully healthy to start the year
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

stephenson is a much more exciting player then anyone we have. as is kemba walker, and charlotte i think will finish top 4 in the east. they also have the throwback hornets thing going on
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 pm

MGrand15 wrote:We've been a really slow-paced team with the tendency to get embarrassed on National TV since we've moved to Brooklyn. Hollins will def play a slow pace as well. No surprise our ESPN/TNT games have been cut down. I'm actually glad. I'd rather fly under the radar and listen to Ian Eagle.

why do you think he will play slow pace? he has said he wants to play up tempo
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#16 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:If we are under .500 after 10 games into the season... I don't even know.

i wouldnt call detroit or Boston cupcakes since we struggled with both of those teams last season and both games are on the road. neither of those are gimmie wins, especially if dwill isnt fully healthy to start the year

Right, but they are cupcake teams who should be beat by anyone that considers themselves a good/non-lottery team. We should beat them.

There are ZERO excuses left for this team. Everyone is healthy, had a summer to rest, new coach that seems like he should have been hired by us last year.

As MDB so perfectly put it, the honeymoon is over now. Who cares about us anymore? These guys have to put up now or shut up forever. Start winning games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:29 pm

I think that this will be a great year for us if Lopez and Deron can earn their pay.

So...I hope no one misconstrues my point. I'm just being honest about why we do not deserve national tv games. I still have us as a 4th-5th seed, I'm that confident in this group.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Right, but they are cupcake teams who should be beat by anyone that considers themselves a good/non-lottery team. We should beat them.

There are ZERO excuses left for this team. Everyone is healthy, had a summer to rest, new coach that seems like he should have been hired by us last year.

As MDB so perfectly put it, the honeymoon is over now. Who cares about us anymore? These guys have to put up now or shut up forever. Start winning games.

We arent good enough to chalk up a win against anyone who isnt actively tanking and trying to lose. especially not teams like detroit and boston who match up well and play hard. for me there were no excuses the past 2 years. nothing has changed. any team counting on dwill and lopez is going to be nothing more then a good team that often lays eggs
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#19 » by Bro Johnson » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

stephenson is a much more exciting player then anyone we have. as is kemba walker, and charlotte i think will finish top 4 in the east. they also have the throwback hornets thing going on

Stephenson isn't actually exciting to watch... He's incredibly frustrated and stupidly maddening even when you're not a fan of the team he's playing for.

Walker is fun to watch on the rare night he's shooting above 38% from the field. When he catches fire he's like lightning in a bottle...

With all that being said - and while I have Cody Zeller as a player to watch - Bobcats are getting hella overrated.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#20 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Bro Johnson wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Stephenson isn't actually exciting to watch... He's incredibly frustrated and stupidly maddening even when you're not a fan of the team he's playing for.

Walker is fun to watch on the rare night he's shooting above 38% from the field. When he catches fire he's like lightning in a bottle...

With all that being said - and while I have Cody Zeller as a player to watch - Bobcats are getting hella overrated.

i disagree, i find stephenson one of the most exciting players in the league to watch. both ends and in transition. Athletic, sick crossover, flashy, can finish high and strong for a guy his size, and really plays with a chip on his shoulder

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBY5Nxukp0[/youtube]

and i think the hornets are a 50+ win team. they have too many 2-way competitive guys to not be a good team and their pieces all fit really well. They also have a really unselfish team and their young guys have already come into their own.

i see them as a 2-5 seed. id give my left leg to trade rosters with them.

Return to Brooklyn Nets