The Victim

Good Luck Charm

GO NETS!
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Game Thread: Nets @ Celtics - 10/29/14 Season Opener 7:3 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Lets effing do this... get the hollins era started off right! I will be in attendance, jacked for the season to start...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUuITwHTGP8[/youtube]

The cetlics arent great but they play as hard as any team in the league and will certainly bring max effort for their home opener. we match that effort and we stomp them. we dont, we go home disappointed. time to back up all the talk in the offseason.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#3 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Lopez looks like he might play in the opener:

http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/10/24/706 ... ning-night

Unfortunetly, rondo might as well.
matnautico
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#4 » by matnautico » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:47 am

First time in years we actually have a decent coach, so I'm excited as hell... I think we have the depth to be as high as #3 in the east...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Time to work
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#6 » by Lamak » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:11 pm

This is gonna be a fun season. I expect a lot of highlight plays.
Brooklyn Nets
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#7 » by jeff1624 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm glad to have (real) basketball back in my life. Can't wait 'til Wednesday.
Dat Leadership
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#8 » by jerseyjac » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 am

Looking forward to our a first regular season game without Jason Kidd.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Jason Kidd can go **** himself.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#10 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Lionel Hollins Q & A:

http://nypost.com/2014/10/26/serbys-sun ... l-hollins/

Q: Joe Johnson.

A: As he said, he’s a hooper. He said, “Coach, you don’t have to worry about me. However, whatever you do and how you do it, I’ll be out there.” I love it. You got guys that have been in the league a long time, and they want to tell you how they’re going to do it. I have a group of guys that want me to tell them how I want to do it. And it makes coaching fun. Not easy, but fun (smile).

Q: Deron Williams.

A: I hate that the media has disparaged him so much. There’s so many expectations on a guy when he comes to another team in a trade. And then, he got the big contract, and then there’s even more expectations. To not be healthy to be able to do what he wanted to do is disappointing for him. But the fans and the media didn’t quite take it that way, and I think he’s healthy now and he’s in a good frame of mind, and he’s shown a lot of qualities. … Is he gonna be the 23-year-old Deron Williams? Heck no. But the Deron Williams that he can be and I see him being is going to be pretty good. And he’s gonna be one of the top guards in the league, and that’s good enough with me.

Q: Brook Lopez.

A: Brook Lopez is a massive man. He can really score the ball, and really smart, really a good guy … really sensitive to wanting to do everything right. I sometimes frustrate Brook because I still yell at him. And I said, “I understand that you were trying to do the right thing, or you want to do the right thing, and you think you’re doing the right thing, but it’s my job to help you do the right thing.” I think nice guys like Brook think because they’re trying to do the right thing, there should be no feedback — a negative feedback. And when I say negative — constructive criticism. But my motto is: Even nice guys have to be pushed (smile).

Q: Is Mason Plumlee ready to take a step forward?

A: Well he keeps taking two forward and one back, two forward and one back. We gotta keep it going forward. He’s very strong-willed, and I like that about him. I yell at him, and he’s kinda the guy that gets my wrath every day … film session he gets it … but he keeps coming back, and to me, that’s a mark of a winner.

Q: Mirza Teletovic.

A: Mirza’s gonna give me a lot of gray hair (smile). I remember [Spurs coach Gregg] Popovich saying about [Manu] Ginobli, that he didn’t know what Ginobli was gonna do half the time on the court, but most of it’s good. I feel the same way about Mirza. I never know what he’s gonna do. And a lot of times it turns out to be good.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#11 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:21 pm

Yes! So excited for Wednesday!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:41 pm

3 days!!!
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#13 » by Detective » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am

Prokorov wrote:3 days!!!

Hey Bro, I just wanted to know, where did you get your 40 million in cap space relief numbers after this season from? I just posted a response in the GB that disproves that, as you will not see capspace relief(at still a mind boggling $36,996,439 for only a couple players) until 2016-2017 at the earliest, right before the new TV deal kicks in.

I just wanted to see where your number analytics came from, because this sort of thing is a hobby of mine.

Thanks, and take care.

:reporter:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:33 am

Detective wrote:

Hey Bro, I just wanted to know, where did you get your 40 million in cap space relief numbers after this season from? I just posted a response in the GB that disproves that, as you will not see capspace relief(at still a mind boggling $36,996,439 for only a couple players) until 2016-2017 at the earliest, right before the new TV deal kicks in.

I just wanted to see where your number analytics came from, because this sort of thing is a hobby of mine.

Thanks, and take care.

i said after next season, not after this season and its projected closer to 40 with the cap increase... could be 45 if williams doenst opt in

also, as a heads up, the mods here dont take kind to trolls, especially raptor fans as their history here is pretty poor
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#15 » by Detective » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:38 am

Prokorov wrote:
Detective wrote:

Thanks, and take care.

i said after next season, not after this season and its projected closer to 40 with the cap increase... could be 45 if williams doenst opt in

also, as a heads up, the mods here dont take kind to trolls, especially raptor fans as their history here is pretty poor

After next season means in 2 years from now, which means that you are cap locked for 2 full seasons, at which point the rest of the league will also get a boost due to the new TV deal.

How am I trolling though, brother? I am just simply asking a question, that's all. Because your analytical math doesn't add up. I was only curious because I am a numbers guy at heart, and love this sort of debate & discussion.

I shall take my leave now. Have a great night, and take care man. Best of luck in the season opener. :brofist:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#16 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:47 am

Detective wrote:
After next season means in 2 years from now, which means that you are cap locked for 2 full seasons, at which point the rest of the league will also get a boost due to the new TV deal.

after next season means after next season. im not sure how you can really interpret that wrong unless you are either trolling (likely) or have a massive comprehension problem. getting 40 million in cap space in 2 seasons is far from "cap hell"
How am I trolling though, brother? I am just simply asking a question, that's all. Because your analytical math doesn't add up. I was only curious because I am a numbers guy at heart, and love this sort of debate & discussion.

I shall take my leave now. Have a great night, and take care man. Best of luck in the season opener. :brofist:

how are you trolling? you started in the GB and turned a conversation about raptors potential as a market and a comment that the knicks/nets have had free agents either force themselves here or take less to come here into "the nets are in cap space hell"

then you followed me into our board, into a game thread with the celtics, to troll more.

its not uncommon, raptors are the biggest babies(crying about refs) and salty trolls(after we beat you) on this board. its too bad a few bad posters give raps fans a bad name cause there are alot of good posters here that are raps fans
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#18 » by Paradise » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:30 am

Detective wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Detective wrote:

Thanks, and take care.

Tons of cap space, good coach and NYC lifestyle will attract good players in free agency or from overseas. The Nets will pay the luxury tax to field a contender and those teams with bigger boosts still will not.

'Cap Hell' is a term describing a team commited to large toxic contracts for half a decade or longer. 2 Years is not half a decade. Good try, though.
CrabGuy
Banned User
And1: 429

Post#19 » by CrabGuy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:54 am

h*ll* brooklyn!
zachari179
Junior
And1: 112

Post#20 » by zachari179 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 am

so excited for basketball season to begin again, and to start posting on realgm again

Return to Brooklyn Nets