ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition 

Post#541 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm

shrink wrote:Hey guys - I could use some wisdom.

With Garnett talking about buying part of the Wolves when he retires, would he be available for trade to MIN, to reunite with Flip Saunders? I doubt MIN would swap Thad straight up for KG at $12 mil, but I was curious what role he has on your team. Has he talked about retiring?

Thanks

it makes no sense for us to trade KG.

- short term he helps us win and try and make the playoffs
- long term he expires and gives us cap relief
- leadership wise he is big for mason's development

i wouldnt trade him without getting an unprotected first. he also has a no trade
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#542 » by shrink » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:

With Garnett talking about buying part of the Wolves when he retires, would he be available for trade to MIN, to reunite with Flip Saunders? I doubt MIN would swap Thad straight up for KG at $12 mil, but I was curious what role he has on your team. Has he talked about retiring?

Thanks

i wouldnt trade him without getting an unprotected first. he also has a no trade

unprotected first?

OK, I will adjust my expectations accordingly. Not of kg.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#543 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 pm

shrink wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Thanks

unprotected first?

OK, I will adjust my expectations accordingly. Not of kg.

The thing is, Garnett's value to the nets is worth much more then it would be to other teams. he helps us cap wise, winning wise, and development wise.

I dont think they would even entertain trading him unless someteam wanted to drastically overpay (i.e. unprotected first). there is really no benefit to moving him otherwise
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#544 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Prok, you keep saying Miami is the team you think we'll make a trade with... for who? Deng + Anderson for Lopez?

I kinda like how those rotations could shape up. It would allow us to go small ball or bring Deng off the bench.... or put Joe back at the 2 and run Deron/JJ/Deng/Plum/KG
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#545 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Prok, you keep saying Miami is the team you think we'll make a trade with... for who? Deng + Anderson for Lopez?

I kinda like how those rotations could shape up. It would allow us to go small ball or bring Deng off the bench.... or put Joe back at the 2 and run Deron/JJ/Deng/Plum/KG

yeah centered around Deng. he is the best fit and it makes the salaries match easiest. from there id think anderson or grangers would be involved as well.

I like deng and plumlee together, i think thats a good fit. both high energy guys
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#546 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:57 pm

serious question.... why have we not gone and signed any available PG to a 10 day contract while Williams has been injured?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,426

Post#547 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Hollins seems to be fond of Morris. I can see why, he plays with a sense of urgency.

Can't say that for the guys that make 10x the amount that he does.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#548 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 pm

We NEEEEEED Deron back now and for the rest of the season healthy. It's been painful and ugly without him.

If we can trade Lopez and still get Lance, then keep JJ. I want to see what they could do together. I'm hoping Lance could take pressure off JJ to let him get his game back.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#549 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm sure we can take Miami off the list of suitors for Lopez. With how well Whiteside is playing now, they would be dumb to add Lopez.

Lopez to the Thunder is still the best destination for him IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#550 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 pm

If you're OKC why would you even want Lopez after what he's shown the last two games?

I'd take guys like Adams, Whiteside, and Mozgov over Brook. They actually bring tangibles that actually help a team to win. Whiteside was incredible, I can't remember seeing Lopez ever play with that kind of fire and aggressiveness.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition 

Post#551 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:If you're OKC why would you even want Lopez after what he's shown the last two games?

I'd take guys like Adams, Whiteside, and Mozgov over Brook. They actually bring tangibles that actually help a team to win. Whiteside was incredible, I can't remember seeing Lopez ever play with that kind of fire and aggressiveness.

Because he's much better than Perkins. Brook sucks as a first or second option. He would do well as a role player.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#552 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:If you're OKC why would you even want Lopez after what he's shown the last two games?

But if you're OKC Brook is still better than Perkins

Also anyone see the espn article that says JJ has tendinitis? Jesus it just continues to get worse.

Lopez is the only guy out of those 3 that we'll be able to move this year.

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#553 » by kerry kittles » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 pm

macgyver893 wrote:

But if you're OKC Brook is still better than Perkins

Also anyone see the espn article that says JJ has tendinitis? Jesus it just continues to get worse.

Lopez is the only guy out of those 3 that we'll be able to move this year.

We needed to make a trade 2 months ago to add wing depth to this roster. It's been apparent the entire season. This Joe injury is because of King's unwillingness to deal. We needed to limit his minutes as has been preached this entire season. The Lance deal is a no brainer. There's nothing to lose. We suck, look terrible. What if Lance blows up: same results, we suck, look terrible.

Him and Brook both expire in 2016. We lose nothing. Low/no risk and chance at a high reward.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#554 » by kerry kittles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:32 am

Restarting talks with Charlotte regarding Joe. Makes sense. This team severely lack depth.

Per Woj.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--h ... 52817.html

I think we should do this trade and then trade Brook to OKC for Lamb/Perkins. Get us under the tax, greater financial flexibility, allows us to take a look at Lamb, and have a more balanced roster as a result of this trade.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#555 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:52 am

kerry kittles wrote:Restarting talks with Charlotte regarding Joe. Makes sense. This team severely lack depth.

Per Woj.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--h ... 52817.html

I think we should do this trade and then trade Brook to OKC for Lamb/Perkins. Get us under the tax, greater financial flexibility, allows us to take a look at Lamb, and have a more balanced roster as a result of this trade.

I'd rather trade Lopez to Denver if we make the Johnson deal. We can get McGree and Wilson Chandler straight up.

If...IF we trade Lopez to OKC, I would want Lamb, Jones, and possibly be able to flip Perkins to Minnesota for Thad, giving us maximum depth and a formidable team.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#556 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 pm

If the JJ for Lance, Henderson, Williams deal goes down,

then we can trade Lopez for Perkins, Jackson,

could we try to flip Jack for Monroe somehow? We would have Jackson and Williams at PG, and seeing Det just lost Jennings and want to stay playoff relevant (but BKN is too) would a trade like that be feasible? I think Detroit would want a draft pick instead
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#557 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:01 pm

There is zero chance OKC moves jackson for lopez. people need to stop proposing that.

We need to try and move lopez to denver(chandler/mcgee) or miami(deng/chalmers or cole)
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#558 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Jackson reportedly close to going to Denver in a trade, why not try to get in on that one and make it a 3 team deal?

edit- here what about this? or send Markel to OKC
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p2tso55
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#559 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Jackson reportedly close to going to Denver in a trade, why not try to get in on that one and make it a 3 team deal?

edit- here what about this? or send Markel to OKC
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p2tso55

Denver would probably want either Lopez or Jackson though

isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207