ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Re: Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition 

Post#81 » by kerry kittles » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Well it looks like AK47's time here is done. Hopefully we can move him and get either someone in the front court that knows how to rebound or move him with Alan Anderson to get a competent backup sg - Anderson and his PER below 6 has been brutal
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#82 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 pm

sounds like Kirlienko might get cut or traded too. Apparently he's not going on the road trip, and might not rejoin the team. Sad really... I really liked him and was so excited to see him in a Nets uniform. I think he still has a lot to offer, but I guess Hollins thinks differently.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:39 pm

kerry kittles wrote:Well it looks like AK47's time here is done. Hopefully we can move him and get either someone in the front court that knows how to rebound or move him with Alan Anderson to get a competent backup sg - Anderson and his PER below 6 has been brutal

AA has been BRUTAL this year.

Would love to see him get moved if possible. I was a fan of his last year, but him and Jack on the floor together is a mess. Jack is rubbing off on AA in a bad way that he thinks he's Kobe Bryant.

Maybe he can be sent with Kirilenko somewhere...
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:41 pm

McGee + Gallo or Foye + draft pick for Lopez + Kirilenko

edit- looking back, I can't believe I actually wrote that... :crazy: I don't even know anymore
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#85 » by jbeachboy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:17 pm

will they play corey jefferson or karasev at all or get a new sf?
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#86 » by kerry kittles » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:29 pm

It pains me to write, but Mirza and AK to Houston for the lin TPE and the NO 1st. I like mirza, but if we plan on avoiding the repeater tax can we realistically keep him? This trade would also hurt us in the short term which sucks because Atlanta would be getting a better pick.

Why we would do it:
Get another 1st in this year's draft - hopefully hit with one of them and have something to build around for the future with Bogdanovic
Shave $20 million plus off our luxury tax bill. Would also give us a remote chance of getting under the repeater tax this year - we would have to dump KG which would be very tough given his NT and needing to find a team with a large enough TPE to absorb him.

Why the Rockets would:
I think Mirza is the perfect compliment to Dwight and would be a great fit between Dwight and Ariza.
I think they could find a use for AK

Another possibility:
AK/Mirza for Jones/Terry

I was pushing hard in proposed trades last year to get Jones here, would love it, but I don't know if this is enough return for them to agree to this.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,569

Post#87 » by pcbothwel » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Wiz fan here, so I have no skin in the game. But the 1st trade that popped into my head after hearing about Kirilenko would be to ship him to Cleveland for Brendan Haywood. The cavs need BBall IQ and defense so AK-47 would fit well. Obviously the Cavs could add some extra incentive with a 2nd round pick or a player like Dellavedova/Harris.

But the key is to get Haywood and his 10.5M fully non-guaranteed contract for next year (2.2M this year). You then use that contract(essentially a giant TPE) to take on a good player on a big contract that can help you compete (I.E. David Lee, Iguodala, Nene, Thaddeus Young, Larry Sanders, Batum, Faried)... Or take on a bad player/contract and get an additional incentive like a draft pick/young player (I.E. Josh Smith, Eric Gordon, Javale McGee)

Thoughts?
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#88 » by F3LON » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 pm

We should trade AK to Portland for Thomas Robinson

Portland didnt pick up T-Rob's option and he barely plays these days. He is clearly not part of their plans moving forward.

I think it is worth kicking the tires on T-Rob since we can use his energy and rebounding. BK was high on him when he came out of Kansas so you know there is interest. He is the type of lotto ticket that might actually pay off.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 809

Post#89 » by tester551 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 pm

F3LON wrote:We should trade AK to Portland for Thomas Robinson

Portland didnt pick up T-Rob's option and he barely plays these days. He is clearly not part of their plans moving forward.

I think it is worth kicking the tires on T-Rob since we can use his energy and rebounding. BK was high on him when he came out of Kansas so you know there is interest. He is the type of lotto ticket that might actually pay off.

Portland wouldn't do that. There would need to be more value coming Portland's way. Scanning through your roster, I don't see anything else that would interest Portland.

AK for Wright would be perfect for both teams. Or Portland could do Barton+Claver and save the Nets a little cash.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#90 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 pm

these trades for AK are unrealsitic. he has nuetral value at best. a team getting him wouldnt be able to rely on him for a ton of games. he is a guy you look t get at the trade deadline and rest until the playoffs.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Has AK even played 30 minutes total this season, in meaningful minutes? I don't know how the jury is out on him now that he's regressed so badly. I don't know where you're getting that from. I would like to see him get at least 20 mpg over like a 10 game sample size, like Lopez has, before we make any judgement calls on him.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#92 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:53 am

ak47 trade value is a trade exception or a scrub player on bench, he isnt even worth 2nd round now
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,229

Post#93 » by Archerbro » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:17 am

pcbothwel wrote:Wiz fan here, so I have no skin in the game. But the 1st trade that popped into my head after hearing about Kirilenko would be to ship him to Cleveland for Brendan Haywood. The cavs need BBall IQ and defense so AK-47 would fit well. Obviously the Cavs could add some extra incentive with a 2nd round pick or a player like Dellavedova/Harris.

But the key is to get Haywood and his 10.5M fully non-guaranteed contract for next year (2.2M this year). You then use that contract(essentially a giant TPE) to take on a good player on a big contract that can help you compete (I.E. David Lee, Iguodala, Nene, Thaddeus Young, Larry Sanders, Batum, Faried)... Or take on a bad player/contract and get an additional incentive like a draft pick/young player (I.E. Josh Smith, Eric Gordon, Javale McGee)

Thoughts?

it's a good idea, but the cavs already know this too and are in all in mode now that they have Love and Lebron. They can probably net a better player than Kirilenko with Haywood's expiring contract.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#94 » by F3LON » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:46 pm

AK for Jeremy Evans and Toure Murray isnt bad.

Evans is a PF who can run and defend some. I dont see him being a starter but he should be able to get some quality minutes.

It concerns me that he just turned 27 and hasnt been able to break into the Jazz rotation but he is exactly what we need, an athlete. If we can get Markel Brown on the floor we should be able to run a fast break.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#95 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Has AK even played 30 minutes total this season, in meaningful minutes? I don't know how the jury is out on him now that he's regressed so badly. I don't know where you're getting that from. I would like to see him get at least 20 mpg over like a 10 game sample size, like Lopez has, before we make any judgement calls on him.

my assesment that he is done/regressed is based on his dismal season last year, not really what he has done this year.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#96 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 pm

If ak can't get playing time why on earth would Evans or Murray will?....

This franchise makes no sense
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:18 pm

If reports are that we're looking to send AK to Utah, I hope King can figure out if we can package Brook to go there too, and maybe get back Kanter or Favor in return. I want no part of Lopez's soft ass anymore.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#98 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:If ak can't get playing time why on earth would Evans or Murray will?....

This franchise makes no sense

1. Evans and Murray may be waived

2. Kirilenko for peanuts saves a lot of money off the luxury tax

3. Seems like Hollins & company believe Kirilenko is old and done...which may be the case. Evans and Murry are two young atheles.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,427

Post#99 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 pm

I would hang the phone up on Billy King if he tried to offer me Brook Lopez for Derrick Favors.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm

macgyver893 wrote:If reports are that we're looking to send AK to Utah, I hope King can figure out if we can package Brook to go there too, and maybe get back Kanter or Favor in return. I want no part of Lopez's soft ass anymore.

i cant see it... a rebuilding team isnt gonna send a younger cheaper less injury prone player for an older, more expensive, more injury prone guy.

thats a trade like us or the knicks or mavericks make... someone trying to take a shot at improving without much flexibility and a veteran team

Return to Brooklyn Nets