Game Thread: Nets @ Suns 11/12/14 9:00 PM

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Game Thread: Nets @ Suns 11/12/14 9:00 PM 

Post#421 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:20 pm

thought you guys loved the addition of Jack?

so much better than S-Dot....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#422 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm

I did not see the game, I check once to see the score, 38-21 NETs.... the next I look, nets lose....

I find it both surprising and not shocked by this.....

my reaction:

The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#423 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/uuords/status/532757643119431680[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/rodboone/status/532763679818022913[/tweet]

This is something to pay attention to.

In the last few years, we've talked about Lopez conditioning because he usually starts out fine but then is gassed by the 4th quarter.

Missing layups in the 4th is usually a sign a fatigue. I'm pretty sure this is the main reason why he was benched for the final 4 minutes of the game.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/rodboone/status/532763409650311168[/tweet]
Good leadership from D-Will, considering that half of his TOs were due to Brook and Plumlee dropping passes and not being able to catch the ball. Jack, on the other hand, is willfully throwing the ball into the stands and out of bounds.

I guess he still thinks he's in Cleveland.

I dont think its fatigue, brook has had some games where he was missing point blank shots early. I think he just needs to go stronger to the hoop. when he has he has gotten buckets or trips to the FT line. honestly im more concerned with him on defense .. and more importantly his level of defense when his offense isnt going well. rewatching the second half of last nights game brook and KG were really really awful on D. not to single them out, just an observation of the bigs.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#424 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:31 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:thought you guys loved the addition of Jack?

It's still the beginning of the season. I expect him to turn it around at some point. Just don't like the growing pains.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#425 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:31 pm

I do like it... but he really needs to starting playing better and making better decisions. the pull up jumpers on a 3 on 1 break arent going to cut it. he needs to play more like he did with GS and less like he did with Cleveland. i dont mind he being a gunner, but they have to be good looks.

i miss thornton more then livingston to be honest. bogs and joe have been solid on the wing. we miss offense and hustle off the bench
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#426 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I do like it... but he really needs to starting playing better and making better decisions. the pull up jumpers on a 3 on 1 break arent going to cut it. he needs to play more like he did with GS and less like he did with Cleveland. i dont mind he being a gunner, but they have to be good looks.

i miss thornton more then livingston to be honest. bogs and joe have been solid on the wing. we miss offense and hustle off the bench

He was great in GS however wasn't that their style of play... a shoot fest system?

S-dot brought legit defense and is a solid scorer with his height advantage over other PGs... not to mention he played off ball very well. He hustled as much as anyone.

Thornton, meh....
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#427 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:

It's still the beginning of the season. I expect him to turn it around at some point. Just don't like the growing pains.

absolutely, its still early.

For me, I think S-Dot was underappreciated(I personally hailed him as one of best players last season) so it suck to see him leave...

but I didn't imagine Jack will have growing pains, especially considered by our fanbase as a potential 6th man... but still early no doubt.
The ModFather

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#428 » by kerry kittles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:50 pm

I do miss Livingston.

It is early to write off Jack, but his play has been frustrating. The turnovers, poor shots, and defense play have been frustrating. Especially the later, he along with the rest of the team needs to bring greater defensive effort. At the end of the TWolves game he left his man open under the rim to double on Pek, was a few feet off Martin when he nailed that big 3. Last night he was letting Thomas walk to the basket.

Let Jack run the 2nd unit when DWill sits and hopefully he'll make better decisions, but please stop playing at the end of games. Bring Bogdanovic back like we saw against the Magic - the one time we closed a game well this season.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#429 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:58 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

absolutely, its still early.

For me, I think S-Dot was underappreciated(I personally hailed him as one of best players last season) so it suck to see him leave...

but I didn't imagine Jack will have growing pains, especially considered by our fanbase as a potential 6th man... but still early no doubt.

We also shouldn't forget that Livingston had plenty of bone head moments as well but he rounded into form after January.

I also don't remember his playoffs being too great either.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#430 » by Rich Rane » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:07 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/rodboone/status/532763409650311168[/tweet]
Good leadership from D-Will, considering that half of his TOs were due to Brook and Plumlee dropping passes and not being able to catch the ball. Jack, on the other hand, is willfully throwing the ball into the stands and out of bounds.

Telling the media that yours and the play of your teammate is unacceptable and addressing that teammate?

Now he needs to address Brook and Mason. Whether it shows next game or not, what Deron is doing is usually the logical approach.

And speaking of logical and illogical approaches, I choose to blame Justin Bieber for the loss. It happened to the Steelers and it happened to the Nets.

NyCeEvO wrote:We also shouldn't forget that Livingston had plenty of bone head moments as well but he rounded into form after January.

I also don't remember his playoffs being too great either.

Because it wasn't. Mason's weren't either.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#431 » by kerry kittles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Livingston didn't have a great playoffs - we needed more shooters on the court to open up the court for Joe and make them pay when doubles came. He also fouled Derozan a good number of times on long 2's that were frustrating - but damn does Derozan flail.
He was brutal to start the season- lost his starting job to Taylor briefly when Deron was out.

But he was a huge part of our defensive resurgence in 2014, and our ability to force turnovers.His ability to guard multiple positions was big. Our failures this season are largely on the defensive end IMO - 100 points in 3 quarters to the Celtics, 20 points in the final 6 minutes to the Wolves, 21 points in the final 6 minutes last night, I don't Livingston would be the revolving door Jack is at the end of games. It was a lay up line for Thomas out there last night.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#432 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/rodboone/status/532763409650311168[/tweet]

Telling the media that yours and the play of your teammate is unacceptable and addressing that teammate?

I didn't read it that way at all.

It seems to me that this was something D-Will talked to Jack right after the game.

Then the media was allowed to talk to the players asked about the turnovers from the PGs and D-Will simply states 'yeah, it's something I talked to Jack about after the game'.

You're acting as if he contrived someway to diss Jack to the media and loop him into the blame. I don't know how you can get that from the tweet.

This is second-hand knowledge at best. We shouldn't be so quick to presume the worst, when we're not even sure what happened exactly.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#433 » by Rich Rane » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:20 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:I didn't read it that way at all.

It seems to me that this was something D-Will talked to Jack right after the game.

Then the media was allowed to talk to the players asked about the turnovers from the PGs and D-Will simply states 'yeah, it's something I talked to Jack about after the game'.

You're acting as if he contrived someway to diss Jack to the media and loop him into the blame. I don't know how you can get that from the tweet.

This is second-hand knowledge at best. We shouldn't be so quick to presume the worst, when we're not even sure what happened exactly.

Woosh, sir.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#434 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

Woosh, sir.

Leave me alone. I've been reading all morning. My brain is fried! :lol:
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#435 » by Rich Rane » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:35 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Woosh, sir.

Leave me alone. I've been reading all morning. My brain is fried! :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IPuPJuE5Y[/youtube]
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#436 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:08 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He was great in GS however wasn't that their style of play... a shoot fest system?

S-dot brought legit defense and is a solid scorer with his height advantage over other PGs... not to mention he played off ball very well. He hustled as much as anyone.

Thornton, meh....

i dont see anything that livingston did that bogs isnt really doing. bogs has been pretty solid defensivly, has layed up tempo, and been solid off the ball.... livingston as the SG really didnt give us a ton more then we have gotten from bogs. and livingston the backup PG was pretty bad.

our second unit offense has been deplorable. thornton was great there for us... and not just scoring, energy, offensive rebounds, steals...

Return to Brooklyn Nets