ImageImageImageImageImage

The brook lopez "flip shot"

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

The brook lopez "flip shot" 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:39 am

does this drive anyone else insane. im sure you know what im describing. lopez catches the ball around the paint, and quickly just flicks it at the rim right away like its a hot potatoe.

he really needs to get that shot out of his game (along with that dirk reverse pivot stepback thing). its such a weak soft shot. he used to go to the rim harder, and he used to go for more dunks. its really an issue. sure he can make that shot, but its lower percentage theng oing strong and he wont draw fouls that way.

the dudes game is really soft and its infuriating from a guy his size
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: The brook lopez "flip shot" 

Post#2 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:14 am

I wish Vince carter was still on the team to show Lopez how to be aggressive. I remember mikki Moore saying carter always gave him advice to dunk it every time he went up and always play angry.

Lopez is so soft and relies and the same stupid shots every time. Too bad he can't be smart about his game and try to be crafty like Duncan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,843

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Brook Lopez is a **** ing pussy bitch
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: The brook lopez 

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:46 am

macgyver893 wrote:I wish Vince carter was still on the team to show Lopez how to be aggressive. I remember mikki Moore saying carter always gave him advice to dunk it every time he went up and always play angry.

Lopez is so soft and relies and the same stupid shots every time. Too bad he can't be smart about his game and try to be crafty like Duncan.

i just dont get the mindset. if he is going to take long jumpers thats one thing. but when you catch the ball in the paint where are you flipping it out of your had like its a greneade when you can easily dunk it or at least put your chest into someone and and finshing closer and maybe draw a foul.

of all the things lopez does, that flip shot by far annoys me the worst. especially since we have seen him catch there and then throw down a thunder dunk
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#5 » by isekii » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:I wish Vince carter was still on the team to show Lopez how to be aggressive. I remember mikki Moore saying carter always gave him advice to dunk it every time he went up and always play angry.

i just dont get the mindset. if he is going to take long jumpers thats one thing. but when you catch the ball in the paint where are you flipping it out of your had like its a greneade when you can easily dunk it or at least put your chest into someone and and finshing closer and maybe draw a foul.

of all the things lopez does, that flip shot by far annoys me the worst. especially since we have seen him catch there and then throw down a thunder dunk

Yea i don't know what it is. Just watching him play pisses the hell out of me. His flip shots are the worst. It's like he throws it up hoping it goes in. Much rather him take the J 16ft from the basket than have him do a flip shot like 8-10 ft away.

I've really had no dislike towards him due to his loyalty and injury up until now but enough is enough.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:16 pm

isekii wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yea i don't know what it is. Just watching him play pisses the hell out of me. His flip shots are the worst. It's like he throws it up hoping it goes in. Much rather him take the J 16ft from the basket than have him do a flip shot like 8-10 ft away.

I've really had no dislike towards him due to his loyalty and injury up until now but enough is enough.

yeah he is a likeable dude, but tis frustrating cause he can be so good if he had that passion or killer instinct. he clearly has the size and talent. the push/flip shot sets me off every time. make or miss. cause he has and can just take 1 power dribble and throw it down
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#7 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm really surprised with all the mentoring that KG has done with Plumlee over the last year and a half, that he hasn't done any of that with Lopez.

Or maybe he has and Lopez just goes home to read his comic books??
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:07 pm

macgyver893 wrote:I'm really surprised with all the mentoring that KG has done with Plumlee over the last year and a half, that he hasn't done any of that with Lopez.

who knows.... you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. i dont think lopez is lazy or a dog, but i think its also clear that he isnt super passionate or driven to be great. i think he is just gonna do the work he is supposed to and leave it at that.

also, i think he needs to adjust his attitude. way too often he is complaining about fouls or no fouls. he needs to play through that stuff. and he isnt going to get as many calls without consistently going hard
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#9 » by isekii » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:I'm really surprised with all the mentoring that KG has done with Plumlee over the last year and a half, that he hasn't done any of that with Lopez.

who knows.... you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. i dont think lopez is lazy or a dog, but i think its also clear that he isnt super passionate or driven to be great. i think he is just gonna do the work he is supposed to and leave it at that.

also, i think he needs to adjust his attitude. way too often he is complaining about fouls or no fouls. he needs to play through that stuff. and he isnt going to get as many calls without consistently going hard

Yea his complaining is annoying too. It's not Kyle Lowery bad but it's up there.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi

Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#10 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:54 pm

I don't think having a flip shot is bad thing and I don't think that only being able to dunk is a good thing.

Different situations require different methods of attack.

Therefore, in the situations where aggressiveness is needed, Brook needs to provide it. At the times where it's better to not go incredible hulk on people, it's ok. The problem for me is that too often he doesn't provide the aggressiveness when he needs to.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:39 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I don't think having a flip shot is bad thing and I don't think that only being able to dunk is a good thing.

Different situations require different methods of attack.

Therefore, in the situations where aggressiveness is needed, Brook needs to provide it. At the times where it's better to not go incredible hulk on people, it's ok. The problem for me is that too often he doesn't provide the aggressiveness when he needs to.

im with you in general, you dont need to dunk everything. but i cant think of any situation other the beating the shot clock at 1 second where that flip shot is acceptable
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#12 » by jbeachboy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:42 am

most players improve every year, lopez has regressed since his first few years
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#13 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 pm

I wish KG and Hollins would pump more toughness and focus into Brook. I don't think he complains about foul calls tbag much actually. What he's constantly doing is sulking and complaining about his own mistakes. Throwing temper tantrums like a child. Apologizing to his teammates and saying "mybad" half the time hes on the floor. At some point, he just has to go about his business and focus. If you rarely make a mistake and you apologize, it has meaning. When you mess up all game, saying mybad means nothing because you're not learning from tbag mistake. It's gonna happen again.

Hollins needs him to develop confidence and awareness on the court.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#14 » by WhateverBro » Mon Dec 1, 2014 6:41 pm

I think his worst shot is his baby hook. It's ok when he's close to the rim, but whenever he catched the ball away from the basket, I know he's about to throw up a Kareem-esque hook and brick it. He's so awful right now. I can't describe the way I facepalm myself through each game watching this soft guy play basketball.

He doesn't know how to pass and he's turnover prone. I hate everything about his game with a passion.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 1, 2014 8:47 pm

You guys want KG and Hollins to do this and that, but the reality is this:

You can't teach a bitch how to be a man.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#16 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:17 am

LOL, MDB has some of the best lines :lol:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#17 » by Paradise » Tue Dec 2, 2014 2:58 am

WhateverBro wrote:I think his worst shot is his baby hook. It's ok when he's close to the rim, but whenever he catched the ball away from the basket, I know he's about to throw up a Kareem-esque hook and brick it. He's so awful right now. I can't describe the way I facepalm myself through each game watching this soft guy play basketball.

He doesn't know how to pass and he's turnover prone. I hate everything about his game with a passion.

Brook Lopez is the example of the good and bad side of tanking.

In this case, It's bad. Had he been around veterans and big men who he could learn from and learn how to pass and rebound from when he was in his third and fourth year in the league, he would be alot far long than he is now. You're now trying to teach a 26 year old stuff he should have learned when he entered the league. His first winning season in his career came in 2012 when the Nets were supposed to contend. The state of his game is some of his fault and also the Nets organization for bottoming out year after year like Philly and not paying attention to player development.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:32 pm

Paradise wrote:
WhateverBro wrote:I think his worst shot is his baby hook. It's ok when he's close to the rim, but whenever he catched the ball away from the basket, I know he's about to throw up a Kareem-esque hook and brick it. He's so awful right now. I can't describe the way I facepalm myself through each game watching this soft guy play basketball.

In this case, It's bad. Had he been around veterans and big men who he could learn from and learn how to pass and rebound from when he was in his third and fourth year in the league, he would be alot far long than he is now. You're now trying to teach a 26 year old stuff he should have learned when he entered the league. His first winning season in his career came in 2012 when the Nets were supposed to contend. The state of his game is some of his fault and also the Nets organization for bottoming out year after year like Philly and not paying attention to player development.

i think lopez could have maybe benefitted from a coach like hollins early on, but i really dont think its a development thing. i think its a personality thing. i just dont think he is super passionate about basketball or super competitive in general
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:39 pm

Paradise wrote:

There were fears years back that him having to be apart of loser teams early on would be to his detriment. This was literally discussed back on that "blog" run by nazi filth that shall not be named, but the point was people feared that Brook would develop bad habits/attitudes from being around toxic, losing locker rooms.

lo and behold, here we are.

WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#20 » by WhateverBro » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:00 pm

Paradise wrote:

Great post. Agree with every word.

Return to Brooklyn Nets