ImageImageImageImageImage

Lopez for Reggie Jackson falls apart; Nets acquire Thad Young for KG (UPDATE: Page 58)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: Woj: Hornets Willing To Acquire Johnson/Lopez for Lance 

Post#101 » by MGrand15 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:38 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

Not really, Miami is really mediocre team and they have their two best players out. We should win this one easily.

Still a much better team than the Hornets or Sixers :lol:

I think the Lopez for Lance thing is too good to be true. The Nets have to be the one that floated it out there, not the other way around. Don't think King would hesitate for a second on that deal. I for one, will be actively rooting against the Hornets until the trade deadline. If they keep collapsing, it'll force them into a panic move.

King has always had a mancrush on Lopez. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one taking his time.

I don't know. With his injury history and contract - while we're trying to cut costs, I just don't see even the biggest of mancrushes slowing this trade down. But I may underestimating how bad Lance's reputation is. He supposedly had like 2-3 teams interested in acquiring him this offseason. His value last season, at his age, far exceeded what his contract and interest level. There could be more to the head case thing.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#102 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:Game night, against a team who is much better than the hornets and sixers. Let's see if no lopez again is a good thing for our offense.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Not really, Miami is really mediocre team and they have their two best players out. We should win this one easily.

Hate to say I told you so, but this is what I expected.

They're better than us b/c they have someone who's not afraid to take over. Why can't we have Joe or Deron shooting more? Why does Wade take 24 shots, yet Joe takes 10 less?

I didn't even watch the game, but it seems like a lackluster effort overall on our part.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Any way the Warriors want to do a cool swap of Livingston for Jack??
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#104 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:53 pm

macgyver893 wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:Game night, against a team who is much better than the hornets and sixers. Let's see if no lopez again is a good thing for our offense.

They're better than us b/c they have someone who's not afraid to take over. Why can't we have Joe or Deron shooting more? Why does Wade take 24 shots, yet Joe takes 10 less?

I didn't even watch the game, but it seems like a lackluster effort overall on our part.

There was no need to watch the game. All of the typical crap from the Nets happened.

I think we had 8+ turnovers by the end of the 1st quarter.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#105 » by Paradise » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:55 pm

macgyver893 wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

Isn't that exactly what I said in the JJ thread? It's pathetic to have a guy at 6'8, 240 pounds with supreme skills that only averages 15ppg and takes 11 shots but we're supposed to call him an all-star and our 'second' option.

You're making 23 million with a healthy body and yet, old knees Wade can outplay you with ease.

It's time to bring in guys who care and take star matchups personal.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#106 » by F3LON » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Someone should send this to Billy King

95-91 Loss to Miami
Wade - 28 Pts / 12-24 FG / 3-4 FT

105-80 Loss to Chicago
D Rose - 23 Pts / 8-15 FG / 4-5 FT

110-88 Loss to Clevelend
Waiters - 26 Pts / 11-21 FG / 3-3 FT

102-84 Loss to Chicago
J Butler - 26 Pts / 7-12 FG / 11-13 FT

122-118 Loss to Milwaukee in 3OT
Mayo - 21 Pts / 7-17 FG / 4-4 FT
Greak Freak - 18 Pts / 7-11 FG / 4-8 FT

95-83 Loss to Miami. Chalmers started at SG
Chalmers - 22 Pts / 5-12 FG / 11-13 FT

97-87 Loss to Portland
Lillard - 28 pts / 8-14 FG / 8-9 FT

107-99 Loss to Golden State
K Thompson - 25 pts / 8-22 FG / 5-6 FT

112-104 Loss to Phoenix
G Green - 28 pts / 7-15 FG / 11-12 FT

98-91 Loss to Minnesota
K Martin - 24 Pts / 7-19 FG / 6-6 FT

It's not rocket science as to why we are losing. We cant stop big guards. As much as I like Bogs and Karasev, they are getting owned at SG. Lance could have guarded everyone of these guys. Billy King needs to make a move NOW. Our season is salvageable if we shore this glaring hole in our defense.
Paradise

Post#107 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

I guess Billy isn't that interested or is trying to gain leverage by waiting

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/545471824830955520[/tweet]
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#108 » by Zachbretton » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:07 am

Woj is reporting that the market for Lance is small, so I think Billy is sitting on it for a bit since we're in the higher standing.

Probably wants to assure that Brook is healthy and see if we can get that first round pick out of it.

I agree though, it's so clear that our bigger issues is our inability to guard the SG position properly and our lack of overall athleticism. Our desired style of play requires more athleticism and more aggressiveness, and crazy or sane Lance brings both

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#109 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Zachbretton wrote:Woj is reporting that the market for Lance is small, so I think Billy is sitting on it for a bit since we're in the higher standing.

Probably wants to assure that Brook is healthy and see if we can get that first round pick out of it.

I agree though, it's so clear that our bigger issues is our inability to guard the SG position properly and our lack of overall athleticism. Our desired style of play requires more athleticism and more aggressiveness, and crazy or sane Lance brings both

We're not in a position of higher standing.

Every non-Nets person looks at each of our core players and sees significant reasons as to why they wouldn't want to trade for them.

Lopez is injured 1/2 of the time and has a contract that is 50% higher than Lance's contract. Stephenson might cause turmoil but you can basically rely on him actually being present.

Who wants to trade for a guy who's routinely missing large chunks of time and yet has a huge contract.
nyc7187
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#110 » by nyc7187 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 pm

the front office was idiotic in making it public (the trading of the core). Now we can obviously see joe johnson throwing games on purpose just to spite the front office and costing the team games. he's basically forcing us to trade him AND I CANT WAIT. Oh you didnt think he missed those three free throws on purpose? come on people lets be real with ourselves, the guy is dogging it on purpose and its clear as day.

trade plumlee as well the guy runs away from rebounds and its umbelieveably dumb as it pertains to basketball iq. All of the "tyson chandler-ish" attribbutes can only get you so far when you are running wild on the court looking like a chicken with his head cut off, doing whatever he pleases. the giy CANT DEFEND, karasev CANT DEFEND.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#111 » by kerry kittles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:17 pm

nyc7187 wrote:the front office was idiotic in making it public (the trading of the core). Now we can obviously see joe johnson throwing games on purpose just to spite the front office and costing the team games. he's basically forcing us to trade him AND I CANT WAIT. Oh you didnt think he missed those three free throws on purpose? come on people lets be real with ourselves, the guy is dogging it on purpose and its clear as day.

trade plumlee as well the guy runs away from rebounds and its umbelieveably dumb as it pertains to basketball iq. All of the "tyson chandler-ish" attribbutes can only get you so far when you are running wild on the court looking like a chicken with his head cut off, doing whatever he pleases. the giy CANT DEFEND, karasev CANT DEFEND.

Joe was reason we were in the game in the 4th. He was head and shoulders our best player. He missed 3 ft's because he lost his legs: 2nd night of back to back: heavy minutes, older player.
Since the trade rumors (last 4 games):

16.8 ppg 48.3 FG%, 47.8 3P%. Those aren't numbers someone puts up whose dogging games.

No one is gibing us $24 million in contracts that expire before 2016 for Joe. It's very unrealistic we move him.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#112 » by Zachbretton » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:42 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:Woj is reporting that the market for Lance is small, so I think Billy is sitting on it for a bit since we're in the higher standing.

Every non-Nets person looks at each of our core players and sees significant reasons as to why they wouldn't want to trade for them.

Lopez is injured 1/2 of the time and has a contract that is 50% higher than Lance's contract. Stephenson might cause turmoil but you can basically rely on him actually being present.

Who wants to trade for a guy who's routinely missing large chunks of time and yet has a huge contract.

Well I mean to say that the teams are looking for one if not two first round picks to take on Lance. I think we're the only team thats genuinely interested in him that also would make a deal without the picks involved. Not to say I don't want picks, but either we could make a straight trade, or involve a third team like the Suns to move a couple more pieces around and still not include the first round pick.

Either way, I guess it's just me hoping that we move Lopez. His upside has just faded for me right now, maybe he could have a resurgence in a place like Phoenix where they have an epic medical staff or maybe just in a different system. I'd rather bite the bullet at this point, start Plumlee, develop him fast. Become younger and more athletic, and have a team on the court thats more interesting.

The high points of this season have been when the offense is CRISP as hell, with drive ins and kick outs to our 3point shooters, and when we play out our younger athletic talents. I'm just at the end of my rope because it's clear the system Hollins' is looking to build here can work (and does for 3Q's out of 4 most games). We could be doing so much better with more athleticism and more balls. I think ridding ourselves of lopez and getting someone like lance does both.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#113 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:28 pm

going from lopez to Lance is like as big a gap as you can get from soft pansy who doesnt care to mentally tough warrior who brings it every night

anyone who isnt on board for that is off their rocker
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#114 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Everyone chill out. Lets not act like Charlotte is waiting on the phone line getting ready to trade for Lopez. Things are being discussed. Lets wait to see if there is a deal.

With that said, I think it would be good to bring Lance here. I'm a huge fan of Lopez, but I've given up on his ability to stay free from injury. And I think Plumlee is going to continue to improve.

I would make the trade.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#115 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:23 pm

the issue with lopez is he needs to pass a physical for a trade to happen. it is quite possible the nets dont believe he would at this point. that may hold up any trade talks for any deal he may be involved in.

either way, the dude needs to be moved as soon as realisitically possible.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#116 » by F3LON » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:51 pm

kerry kittles wrote:
nyc7187 wrote:the front office was idiotic in making it public (the trading of the core). Now we can obviously see joe johnson throwing games on purpose just to spite the front office and costing the team games. he's basically forcing us to trade him AND I CANT WAIT. Oh you didnt think he missed those three free throws on purpose? come on people lets be real with ourselves, the guy is dogging it on purpose and its clear as day.

Joe was reason we were in the game in the 4th. He was head and shoulders our best player. He missed 3 ft's because he lost his legs: 2nd night of back to back: heavy minutes, older player.
Since the trade rumors (last 4 games):

16.8 ppg 48.3 FG%, 47.8 3P%. Those aren't numbers someone puts up whose dogging games.

No one is gibing us $24 million in contracts that expire before 2016 for Joe. It's very unrealistic we move him.

This is why we shouldnt trade him. He's carrying DWill's soft azz. JJ needs help. He spent half the night with Fields on his hip. That's got to take a lot of energy out of him. He was great the first 3 quarters. He ran out of gas plain and simple.

After Rondo gets moved I think the DWIll market will open up. It seems like a lot of west coast teams want PGs.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm saying... King should inquire about doing a Bledsoe for Williams deal. Then try swinging for Lance.

Paradise

Post#118 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

Except they want Stephenson gone at all costs along with Marvin Williams but nobody is making any offers and the offers they are getting requires them to trade picks . The Hornets aren't in any better position with Stephenson than we are with Brook which is why holding out makes sense in theory.

Billy got Kerasev by balking on the Cavs knowing they were doing everything in their power to trade Jack for cap sp ace. It's a similar situation here.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#119 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm

IMO smart move by hornets.... Hold off til team improves or a better offer comes...

Well that was fun and terrible...

So when's the next trade rumor?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,496

Post#120 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:07 pm

LOL @ this. Just LOLs everywhere with this front office.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets