ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Rockets/Nets - Ship Be Sinking

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: GT: Rockets @ Nets - Jan 12th 7:30 PM 

Post#41 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:52 am

Paradise wrote:"Chance to take the lead? Let me just chuck up mid-range jumpers for the rest of the quarter" - Jarrett Jack.

I don't care how well he has played up to this point. Jack is awful and a massive chucker. His aggressiveness is nice but pass the goddamn ball

Chill out. F3LON is about to write an essay about how we should be blaming Mirza instead of Jack.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#42 » by jeff1624 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 am

I have never seen a player blow so many easy shots than Bogdanovic. Holy s***.
Dat Leadership
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#43 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 am

Our third quarters are beyond comical
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

GT: Rockets @ Nets - Jan 12th 7:30 PM 

Post#44 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:15 am

Harden is unbelievable. No one on our team can even hope to guard him. Just imagine if Johnson tried to play with that kind of attitude every night, not just 1 night a month.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:16 am

This has to be a new low. Jack switched onto Harden for defensive purposes.

Not sure who's idea this was but it's not only embarrassing but NOT working better than Bojan guarding him.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#46 » by jeff1624 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:17 am

Joe Johnson 2-11. But that's none of my business.
Dat Leadership
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#47 » by jeff1624 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:24 am

The "fourth best SF in the league " (lol) has once again disappeared and shot the ball like crap.
Dat Leadership
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:28 am

Can't help but think Hollins is creating a Euro vs. American divide on the team. Don't like it at all.

Jack and Morris are playing together. Karasev hasn't come off the bench. Jack's played awful and he's getting superstar minutes. AA gets free reign to do whatever with no consequences. Karasev/Bojan don't get that leeway. He's playing Cory Jefferson over Mirza even though Cory is NOT playing well.

Don't like this direction at all. I want a team that plays the best possible players.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#49 » by jeff1624 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 am

MGrand15 wrote:Can't help but think Hollins is creating a Euro vs. American divide on the team. Don't like it at all.

Jack and Morris are playing together. Karasev hasn't come off the bench. Jack's played awful and he's getting superstar minutes. AA gets free reign to do whatever with no consequences. Karasev/Bojan don't get that leeway. He's playing Cory Jefferson over Mirza even though Cory is NOT playing well.

Don't like this direction at all. I want a team that plays the best possible players.

While I agree that jack gets free reign to do whatever he wants, the euro players have all been garbage for the most part. It took Hollins waaaay too long to play Jefferson instead of Mirza who has been abysmal for two months now.
Dat Leadership
Paradise

Post#50 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:34 am

MGrand15 wrote:Can't help but think Hollins is creating a Euro vs. American divide on the team. Don't like it at all.

Jack is getting heavy minutes because he's the only NBA caliber point guard on the roster. Alan Anderson is the only defensive minded guard we have on the roster.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#51 » by jeff1624 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:36 am

I hope we trade KG. I'd rather see him play for a contender and not waste away here.
Dat Leadership
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:39 am

Paradise wrote:

Jack is getting heavy minutes because he's the only NBA caliber point guard on the roster. Alan Anderson is the only defensive minded guard we have on the roster.

Playing him together with Morris while he's playing awful and already has like 33 minutes under his belt is ridiculous.

Doesn't change the fact that AA's minutes are consistent regardless of bad shots, bad TOs, bad fouls.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:40 am

jeff1624 wrote:

While I agree that jack gets free reign to do whatever he wants, the euro players have all been garbage for the most part. It took Hollins waaaay too long to play Jefferson instead of Mirza who has been abysmal for two months now.

I'm cool with Jefferson playing. But he benched Mirza mid-game and Jefferson's play has not earned that type of decision.
Paradise

Post#54 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:46 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Playing him together with Morris while he's playing awful and already has like 33 minutes under his belt is ridiculous.

Doesn't change the fact that AA's minutes are consistent regardless of bad shots, bad TOs, bad fouls.

Again, we have no other options that can play a lick of defense on this roster except Anderson. We should never have to rely on him being our primary on-ball defender in the first place. We're trading off his terrible shot selection for his ability to defend and play scrappy basketball. Bojan and Karasev can't shoot or defend at this point.

If we actually tried to replace Livingston instead of being conservative then we would not be so weak and terrible at the wing position on a consistent basis.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

PG: Rockets/Nets - Ship Be Sinking 

Post#55 » by Zachbretton » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 am

I think when everything boils down, the product we have is just not a team I want to root for. These no energy, I really hope (as we all are) that soon, I see a notification on my phone that says "Nets trade..." Because than at least we can begin to change the culture. I stand behind what Hollins is looking to do here, he just doesn't have the personnel to carry it out, we need to obtain it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Re: PG: Rockets/Nets - Ship Be Sinking 

Post#56 » by kerry kittles » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 am

Didn't watch this game, watching the national championship, but this team just isn't fun to root for.
Nice to see a great stat line for Plumlee. It is literally the only thing I want see for the rest of the season - continued development from him. He's the only player on this team part of the future.

The rest can all kick rocks. Every single one of them should be shopped. It sucks there's nothing here. Can't root for a tank because of the swap, can't root for any young players to develop besides Plumlee because they're not good. Have no good entertaining personalities like a swaggy p. Just a boring, pathetic, low energy, underachieving team. Watched football Saturday and today where I'd typically watch the Nets, but I can't be bothered. I don't care how Brook looked, Deron, Joe, or anyone else. They can all kick rocks. Well I guess it would be nice to up their value. But other than increasing their trade value, I don't care. I've lost serious interest in this team thanks to Billy King. Wake me up when that jackass is fired
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,441

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:44 am

The Euro players are all soft as hell and cant shoot for ****

Don't blame Hollins because Prokhorov's pets are lower tier nba players.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,441

Post#58 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Please take an objective look at this roster. Who else should he play?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#59 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 am

Sergey's defense:

3 pointers: 46%
2 pointers : 43.7%

Bojan's defense:

3 pointers: 36.8%
2 pointers : 47.7%

AA's defense:

3 pointers: 29.9%
2 pointers: 44%

Bojan is shooting 30% from three and Sergey is shooting 27%.

Not many available answers. Giving Karasev and Bojan larger roles is essentially waiving the white flag. Unlike Mason, they aren't the type of rookies able to contribute on a veteran team right now.
Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Post#60 » by Shook Jones » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 am

All the Euros should be traded get off that train asap! Karasev got high on the horse and didnt want to hustle and work hard once he got the starting job. He wants to party with models already.

Bojan and Mirza are too foot slow to deal with these quick nba players and then they are useless if the shots arent going. Mirza can at least rebound but his defense is atrocious.

I am really itching to see what Brown can do for you.

Return to Brooklyn Nets