PG: Wiz/Nets - Grit & Grind Nets shut down Wizards

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: PG: Wiz/Nets - Grit & Grind Nets shut down Wizards 

Post#61 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/556279677514690560[/tweet]

Like I said, Hollins' management of Brook has been horrible. Clearly hates him and wants him gone.

Or maybe you're just biased.

Brook does not play up to his contract on a consistent basis. Hollins has **** to do with that because this crap has been going on for years.
Ironic that same criticism doesn't come for Joe Johnson, who is paid even more, and is a lot more inconsistent. Someone we actually gave up two pick swaps, and another 1st round pick for.
KMartsCrew
Junior
And1: 217

Post#62 » by KMartsCrew » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:21 am

Hollins is such a dick.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#63 » by jeff1624 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:35 am

I knew someone was gonna bring up the rebounding. We outrebounded the Wizards so who cares how many each player got?
Dat Leadership
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#64 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:50 am

Give credit where credit is due.

Lopez played well tonight amidst the whirlwind of all these trade rumors.

With all of the damage Billy has done to break off trades with other teams and with Lopez, I don't even want to think about what will happen to the Nets in the long term...smh
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#65 » by LOUiS-D » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 am

DarkXaero wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/556279677514690560[/tweet]

Like I said, Hollins' management of Brook has been horrible. Clearly hates him and wants him gone.

It sounds terrible plucked out of context as text, but he was actually pretty complementary of Brook in the post game

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.j ... d=37139293

It was more of a gentle ribbing than an attempt to undermine a praiseworthy performance.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#66 » by LOUiS-D » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:33 am

Hollins wrote:"Brook played extremely well [...] You guys think Brook played well because he had 26 points. I think he played well because he came out there and played with a lot of fire, and sense of urgency, and he was free... and that's the way I like to see him play."
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#67 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:52 am

Speaking of Joe Johnson, in the 6 games (not including tonight) that Deron has missed since getting injured against Miami (including the Celtics game since he only played 4 minutes):

14 ppg, 46% TS, 90 ORating. 0-6 in that span.

Tonight: 2-11 shooting, 6 points

I really don't understand why you guys consider this guy above reproach. You question the heart and effort of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. You question the consistency of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. You question the production relative to contract of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. All 3 deserve criticism, but for some reason, Johnson is like the sacred cow on these boards.

I also don't understand how anyone can argue that Johnson is our best player anymore. Given the results over the past few games, it's clearly Deron.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#68 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:14 am

If the trade rumors gets Lopez upset and has him playing like this, I'll take it. If it's going to make other teams up their offers, I'll take it. I'm sure OKC and CHA liked what they saw. I'd rather trade Brook while he's playing well and sell high vs. trading him when he's at his worst.
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#69 » by Gordon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:21 am

Bogs finally starting to make some plays off the dribble and using his frame on the boards, but he must finish stronger at the basket. If his jumpshot starts to fall, he is going to have value at the offensive end.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#70 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 am

therealbig3 wrote:Speaking of Joe Johnson, in the 6 games (not including tonight) that Deron has missed since getting injured against Miami (including the Celtics game since he only played 4 minutes):

I really don't understand why you guys consider this guy above reproach. You question the heart and effort of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. You question the consistency of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. You question the production relative to contract of Deron and Lopez? Johnson is just as bad. All 3 deserve criticism, but for some reason, Johnson is like the sacred cow on these boards.

I also don't understand how anyone can argue that Johnson is our best player anymore. Given the results over the past few games, it's clearly Deron.

I don't question the heart/effort of those guys like the others on this board do but JJ should be looked at differently.

1. Countless game winners before this year.

2. Dominating playoffs last year. Major reason we made it to round 2.

3. Since being traded to BKN, he's been a work horse for us. 37 minutes a game in YR1. 79 games played in YR2. 36 minutes a game this year. Never complains, hardly misses games. Is always forced into major minutes.

4. Has adjusted to each coach/system without complaint. Has gone from iso-scorer, to playmaker, to flex guy, to spot up guy, to post up guy, etc. Just tell him what to do and he' does it.

Sadly, the guy is 33 and he's still being asked to do too much. Can't blame him for nights like this when he's being asked to play heavy minutes AND being asked to create more than ever (especially without Deron). Jack does him no favors.

I think he's partially checked out and shouldn't be immune to criticism but these are reasons why people don't crush him like they do Deron and Brook.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:01 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Speaking of Joe Johnson, in the 6 games (not including tonight) that Deron has missed since getting injured against Miami (including the Celtics game since he only played 4 minutes):

I think honestly the heavy minutes have run Johnson into the ground.

Plus, last year's performance kind of blew away anything that Deron or Brook has done for us as Nets, so Joe gets a pass but don't think for a second that anyone isn't longing for the day that his contract expires.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#72 » by kerry kittles » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Yes, we're playing Joe too much:

1 Jimmy Butler, SG 39.8
2 Kyrie Irving, PG 38.2
3 LeBron James, SF 37.7
4 Ty Lawson, PG 37.4
5 LaMarcus Aldridge, 36.4
7 Trevor Ariza, SF 36.3
8 Damian Lillard, PG 36.0
9 Anthony Davis, PF 35.9
Kemba Walker, PG 35.9
Carmelo Anthony, 35.9
12 Joe Johnson, 35.8

Every guy on there is in their prime, under 30. Lebron and Melo are 30 and have missed 6 more games than Joe. Joe is 33, 3 full years older than anyone in this list. Joe had an off night shooting, but did he really do anything to hurt the flow of the offensive or defensively? We won by 20 plus, i just watched the 2nd half and didn't see how he was hurting anything the Nets were trying to do. He took open jump shots, he missed, and other than that the team was really riding the hot hands of Jack and Lopez.

These heavy minutes are clearly having an effect on Joe's play and we're in a tough spot because we have no other options there.

He shouldn't be immune to criticism and gets his fair share. I would trade all three of them at the drop of the hat as none of them are part of this team's future. All three are terrible contracts, all three are inconsistent. We should expect more out of Brook, whose 7 years younger.

Edit: And this board is really pitted against each other. The Brook fans take shots at Joe every single GT, and the Joe fans take shot at Brook every single GT. I really can't wait until 2016 and both are gone.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#73 » by F3LON » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Fck I picked the wrong game to skip. Took my girl out for a Lobster dinner instead.

Im about to catch the replay.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Re: GT: Nets @ Wizards - 1/16/15 7:00 PM 

Post#74 » by F3LON » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:We're such a bipolar team. Lose 7 in a row, losing to the dregs of the NBA...then blow out one of the best teams in the league on their home court amidst trade speculation and prospects of having the team sold.

The last two points are the reason these ass holes played hard.

This win is fool's gold. Don't be like the guys over on NutsDaily, these guys gave a **** tonight because everyone was walking on egg shells, this is a fluke game.

**** this ****. I still trade Lopez out of here.

You mean like Rainy. He couldnt cut it here. I think Brook gave him a milk mustache because all he does is fawn over him. He tries to come off as intelligent by cherrypicking certain stats. When you bring up stats that contradict his he tries to throw them out because he "doesnt like so and so stat" Go check the Plumlee thread you will get a kick out of his contested rebounding discussion.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#75 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I agree, I've been calling him out and saying we should trade him this season if we can. I knew he would have a game like this... some super passive, soft, invisible game where he shoots 20-30%.... and he did.

But this is what he does, we've been duped before by him. I could see JJ taking his midseason form soon, where he starts turning it on and hitting clutch shots. Then he carries us to wins and we all get hyped up and rally behind him.

It's sad we just can't get a steady effort from him every night.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:32 pm

BUT -- what if we can bring in Lance... and Bogs starts becoming more reliable for the minutes he's on the floor.... then you can cut down on his minutes and, maybe, that will have an impact on his efficiency?

If Lance can player a similar role to what he did in Indiana when they were winning, playing between a decent PG and SF, I think he could help relieve some of the pressure Joe is facing.

Ah, who knows anymore.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:33 pm

F3LON wrote:Fck I picked the wrong game to skip. Took my girl out for a Lobster dinner instead.

Im about to catch the replay.

I missed the first half myself but watched the second... you will be surprised b/c out guys played with effort and like they cared.

Return to Brooklyn Nets