ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ Nets - 1/17/15 8:00 PM

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Re: GT: Wizards @ Nets - 1/17/15 8:00 PM 

Post#21 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:10 am

Typical Nets offense in the fourth quarter. Give it to joe johnson no matter how sh*tty he's been and let him play 1 on 5. 4 coaches. Same strategy. I wish we could trade him.
Dat Leadership
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#22 » by JoseRizal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:13 am

No call on Plumlee was the backbreaker...
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#23 » by JoseRizal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
btw, that brunette by the Nets bench is **** ing HOT.

The only saving grace in this game... :nod:
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#24 » by JoseRizal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:20 am

That look on Hollins face at Lopez, "Boy I'm surely gonna trade you"...
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#25 » by kerry kittles » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:21 am

jeff1624 wrote:Typical Nets offense in the fourth quarter. Give it to joe johnson no matter how sh*tty he's been and let him play 1 on 5. 4 coaches. Same strategy. I wish we could trade him.

And that strategy resulted in us winning a playoff series. Something we haven't been able to do with Brook and Deron leading the way. And something we will never do with them.

And if Joe sits whose leading the way - Jack, Anderon, and Bogdanovic or Karasev? We'd have much better results then? This ENTIRE roster is a mess, top to bottom.

I really wish we could trade everyone besides Plumlee. He's the only player with positive value and worth a damn on this roster. Lopez isn't a winning player, Deron has been a gigantic disappointment, Joe is overplayed, underperforming, and on the decline as he is 33.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,833

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:23 am

JoseRizal wrote:That look on Hollins face at Lopez, "Boy I'm surely gonna trade you"...

It will be the best option for all parties involved.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#27 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:34 am

kerry kittles wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:Typical Nets offense in the fourth quarter. Give it to joe johnson no matter how sh*tty he's been and let him play 1 on 5. 4 coaches. Same strategy. I wish we could trade him.

And that strategy resulted in us winning a playoff series. Something we haven't been able to do with Brook and Deron leading the way. And something we will never do with them.

And if Joe sits whose leading the way - Jack, Anderon, and Bogdanovic or Karasev? We'd have much better results then? This ENTIRE roster is a mess, top to bottom.

I really wish we could trade everyone besides Plumlee. He's the only player with positive value and worth a damn on this roster. Lopez isn't a winning player, Deron has been a gigantic disappointment, Joe is overplayed, underperforming, and on the decline as he is 33.

What the hell does Lopez/Deron have to do with what I said? Is it too much to ask to run a normal offense instead of giving the ball to Joe every possession once the game reaches the final 4 minutes of a game?
Dat Leadership
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#28 » by kerry kittles » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:47 am

jeff1624 wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:

What the hell does Lopez/Deron have to do with what I said? Is it too much to ask to run a normal offense instead of giving the ball to Joe every possession once the game reaches the final 4 minutes of a game?

I answered your question right here "And if Joe sits whose leading the way - Jack, Anderon, and Bogdanovic or Karasev? We'd have much better results then? This ENTIRE roster is a mess, top to bottom." There is no talent on this roster. I don't know what you expect.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#29 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 am

Not sure what to say. Should I applaud the effort on a back to back against a title contender or be pissed at the dumb shots taken in the 4th quarter to squander a winnable game?

- Joe...I honestly don't understand him anymore. He's not taking efficient smart shots and that's totally on him because he has recived the ball in the post and he kept backing it out trying to Isolate over one of their bigs. He's just playing lazy basketball. Which is ironic coming from Mr 'I dislike selfishness'. He was never in question in terms of trading him but it's time for him to go. IF there is a deal out there for him. Pull the trigger.

- Lopez again shows us why he will be traded. 26 points last night and he played with a sense of passion and aggressiveness. Tonight, he barely did anything on both ends in the second half and then tops his performance off with a corner three for no apparent reason. Yes, Mason and KG did not help tonight and massively got outplayed by Nene/Gortat but the fact is they bring it 90% of the time. Both have been a model of consistency. Lopez is basically taking on a smaller role and he still can't dominate his man or consistently park his ass on the post and draw fouls each time down. I'm just over him. He needs to go.

- Hollins needs to stop trying to pretend Joe is Carmelo Anthony out there. He's not. The ability to run an offense through him is no longer there. Stop trying to make it happen.

- Jarrett Jack was terrific again.There is no excuse why Jack is such a deadly mid-range shooter and capable of scoring 20/8/5 in back to back games but Deron can't. One takes pride in his craft and plays with a sense of passion and the other does not. Jack got the starting job and even when he looked terrible, he kept showing signs as to why he should remain a starter. Deron conceded that position before his injury.

Jack making 6 million has strung together more 20 point / 8 assist games than Deron this season making 22 million. What else needs to be said?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#30 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Yeah, Paradise hit the nail on the head.

I knew that Lopez was going to play lackadaisical last night. His supporters will be quick to say "SEE!? THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO KEEP HIM" when he plays with some pride after his feelings got hurt by being in public trade negotiations, but lo and behold after a decent first half he comes out there and plays like a bitch.

Any opportunity to get rid of any of these albatross contracts should not be passed up. Johnson is shot, Lopez is a bitch, and Deron has helped to ruin this franchise.

Jack has played better than Deron has played in the last two years. The same Deron that was so smug when he got traded to us, like playing for the Nets was beneath him!!! now look at him, he may not even get another job once his contract ends

Outside of Plumlee and KG, this roster is atrocious.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#31 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:22 pm

and last night Brook showed why Hollins is tired of his ****. Hollins said before the game that Brook's 26 pts did not impress him it was the passion and sense of urgency that Brook played with that impressed him.

Now compare friday night to last night and you see why this guy will never start full time under Hollins.

I wish that jackass Rainy would come on here trying to defend Lopez after some **** like that

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#32 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 pm

In all seriousness all three of them need to go. Devon cannot be traded this season b/c of his injury situation, but if we can we NEED to pull the trigger on trading Brook and Joe. I can't take this anymore. The product doesn't work, and every little 3 or 5 game win streak from this point on is fool's gold. Blow it up.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 pm

and my god, Mirza **** ing SUCKS. Every time I see this guy toss up a shot he bricks it horribly

all of the euro guys SUCK.

F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#34 » by F3LON » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:and my god, Mirza **** ing SUCKS. Every time I see this guy toss up a shot he bricks it horribly

all of the euro guys SUCK.

F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#35 » by F3LON » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:11 pm

It's not that hard to figure out, we need a SG desperately. Beal nearly had a triple double tonight.

Lance is just sitting there for the taking and we arent getting him because of Billy King.

This is one of those times I wish ownership would step in. They would do it just to sell tickets but basketball wise it makes a lot of sense. Even if we dont want to trade Lopez for him Im sure we could get him for a package of Mirza, Bogs and Brown/Jefferson.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:58 pm

jeff1624 wrote:Plumlee has been terrible boxing out, rebounding and overall defending his man. Rough night for him.

yea... plumlee relying on athleticism and not fundamentals for rebounding remains one of his big issues. he gets away with it alot, but its something he needs to fix
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm

jeff1624 wrote:What the hell does Lopez/Deron have to do with what I said? Is it too much to ask to run a normal offense instead of giving the ball to Joe every possession once the game reaches the final 4 minutes of a game?

Given the cirucumstances... yea. its hard to rely on offensive sets when you dont have much offensive talent or any shooting threats on the floor. teams can just switch everything and dare us to shoot from range. working the offense is fine until it gets late and you need baskets.

look, going to joe over and over isnt ideal, but its the better option in most cases.

Return to Brooklyn Nets