ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets/Denver PG: Markel Brown is awesome

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#161 » by Zachbretton » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I still don't like Johnson at the 4. That might become brutal when we play against teams that have legit bigs at that spot.

Start Thad, move Johnson back to the wing.

I don't see Joe at the 4 for long. Thad is coming along and will get the start soon especially with TRobb now coming on board. I think it was just in place because Hollins was preparing for the shift to small and wanted to observe how it works and Joe is a good player to test it with

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: Nets/Denver PG: Markel Brown is awesome 

Post#162 » by MGrand15 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:We're in no position to talk but Denver is an absolute mess. They need to cut their losses with Shaw. What he's doing with that group is borderline criminal.

i dont know how much you can really blame shaw. that teams wasnt really great to begin with, they had a bunch of injuries as well, plus management has been gutting that team looking for a retool.

It's one thing to lose with mediocre talent - it's another thing to completely lose the team. Everyone's value has sunk like a rock. Faried, coming off the Olympics and a big contract, is a 20 minute bench guy. I think his quotes in the media say it all. When you're talking about reading books about relating to millenials, taking phones away, canceling shootaround for the entire year because guys are partying too late, openly hating a roster he signed up for, etc. The shot selection from them was embarrassing last night.

Denver being bad isn't the problem. They're not even close to competitive right now.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#163 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I still don't like Johnson at the 4. That might become brutal when we play against teams that have legit bigs at that spot.

Yeah, a team like ATL or CHI will abuse us with JJ at the 4. Thad and JJ at the forward positions, and alternate them on offense and defense as needed, is probably the safe move.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#164 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:03 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:We're in no position to talk but Denver is an absolute mess. They need to cut their losses with Shaw. What he's doing with that group is borderline criminal.

i dont know how much you can really blame shaw. that teams wasnt really great to begin with, they had a bunch of injuries as well, plus management has been gutting that team looking for a retool.

It's one thing to lose with mediocre talent - it's another thing to completely lose the team. Everyone's value has sunk like a rock. Faried, coming off the Olympics and a big contract, is a 20 minute bench guy. I think his quotes in the media say it all. When you're talking about reading books about relating to millenials, taking phones away, canceling shootaround for the entire year because guys are partying too late, openly hating a roster he signed up for, etc. The shot selection from them was embarrassing last night.

Denver being bad isn't the problem. They're not even close to competitive right now.

Wow is that really the case right now? If so, I'm surprised they haven't moved more pieces to start over again.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#165 » by Lamak » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 pm

I didn't get a chance to watch this game, but I think it's frustrating how Deron always plays with more bounce after the all star break. There was a whole first half of the season where he could have came in handy :banghead:

Deron Highlights in Link
http://youtu.be/fQmkqEmo8bw
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#166 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Having players out there that are active, athletic, and can finish make a world of difference for Deron.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#167 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:57-49 on the boards. Having guards like Brown that can rebound helps. Gives me some faith small ball can work and it not be a complete liability on the boards.

Deron with 10 assist and 1 turnover....only 10 team turnovers despite the faster pace. 3 by the new guy Young and 2 by Plumlee.

We could won by 40 if we actually hit our 3s (4-21) though I really don't want to see Brown or Young taking 3s. Brook's was kind of funny tho.

We still have Jack, Robinson and Bogs to add/add back to this team...while I feel we just added Young and Brown. If only we has these guys/played them all year.

it is still a gutted denver team on the second of a back to back. while everything you said is accurate, im not sure had these guys played all year the results would be anywhere near this. i dont know that they wouldnt be but until we start playing non D-League teams it is really hard to gauge.

I'm not thinking we would be markeledly better (pun intended) but I don't think we would be any worse either. My main point was that I wish we had a watchable product from day 1 and we finally have one, or what appears to be one.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#168 » by Paradise » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:32 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqUevcen7w8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQmkqEmo8bw[/youtube]
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#169 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 pm

if we ARE gonna go small i think joe is the only guy that makes sense as he is the only one who can hit 3's and take advantage of having a PF on him. (i dont want to go small but if we do i think thats how it should go).
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#170 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:

if we ARE gonna go small i think joe is the only guy that makes sense as he is the only one who can hit 3's and take advantage of having a PF on him. (i dont want to go small but if we do i think thats how it should go).

Pierce had a bitch of a time last year when we faced some PFs that were physical brutes. I cannot fathom Johnson being able to hold up against guys like Amir Johnson or god forbid a Pau Gasol. It's just a bad idea imo to go small, I'd prefer to have athletes out there with Deron and Joe.

Deron/AA or Brown/Joe/Thad/Plums

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#171 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Pierce had a bitch of a time last year when we faced some PFs that were physical brutes. I cannot fathom Johnson being able to hold up against guys like Amir Johnson or god forbid a Pau Gasol. It's just a bad idea imo to go small, I'd prefer to have athletes out there with Deron and Joe.

Deron/AA or Brown/Joe/Thad/Plums

your lineup really is still going small, only without the benefits of shooting/offensive advantage at the 4. I'm not sure i want thad young gaurding pau either. im fine with that at the 4 in stretches, but if we go small(which i hope we dont) id rather it be with joe.

i still think we should be going big. its the one thing we can gaurantee. we have the size. going small we dont have the shooting, going traditional we just have inferior players. id rather go big and at least impose our size on teams
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#172 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Well, the good news is that against a team like the Bulls we can just play Lopez/Plums together in stretches against Noah/Gasol.

well that may not be good news but you get the point

Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#173 » by Zachbretton » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 pm

I agree with going Big, but that's all dependent on Plumlee and Brook bring able to play together...

If they can find a way for that to work (which I feel Hollins has been trying desperately), he'll go big in a second. If they can get it to work, I'd LOVED it.

We could be Big and Athletic:

DWill/Joe/Thad/Brook + Plumlee

Dwill runs and passes, Joe focuses on his perimeter game and jumpers, Thad does what he can by cutting and taking it to the hoop, Brook can do his silly flip shot for spacing but can also play back to the basket and Plumlee focuses on dunks and quick layups.

That group can body up against most.

Plus if we can learn to play big, we have the people to go small at a moments notice. It could be an option that could really help us succeed in the long run

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#174 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Zachbretton wrote:I agree with going Big, but that's all dependent on Plumlee and Brook bring able to play together...

If they can find a way for that to work (which I feel Hollins has been trying desperately), he'll go big in a second. If they can get it to work, I'd LOVED it.

We could be Big and Athletic:

DWill/Joe/Thad/Brook + Plumlee

Dwill runs and passes, Joe focuses on his perimeter game and jumpers, Thad does what he can by cutting and taking it to the hoop, Brook can do his silly flip shot for spacing but can also play back to the basket and Plumlee focuses on dunks and quick layups.

That group can body up against most.

Plus if we can learn to play big, we have the people to go small at a moments notice. It could be an option that could really help us succeed in the long run

you threw in brooks flip shot just to make me angry..... didnt you :)

Return to Brooklyn Nets