Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Plumlee and Brook 

Post#121 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/uuords/status/575360450709295104[/tweet]
Putbacks is one area that I have noticed improvement from Brook.

He doesn't run away from the boards anymore.
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#122 » by Universe » Mon Apr 6, 2015 9:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Universe wrote:Both are completely different players on a team that has no specific roles for any players. We have a center who can easily score 20 points a night, yet we settle with terrible outside shots on a team that lacks a three-point threat. The worst was in the earlier years when Brook would go on an offensive run, we'd run back-to-back ISO plays right after. Both players would benefit a system built to their strengths, much like Jason Collins did during his tenure here -- boxing out.

During brooks best season, his all star year, he didnt average 20 a night. In his career he only has 1 ulls eason where he averaged 20, his last season in NJ.

He is a good offensive player. I just think the "he can easily get 20 a night" thing is a bit of an overstated narrative. He can get you 18 or 20 on alot of nights. He hasnt shown he can easily get you 20 on most nights. And that has sort of been the issue with him. consistency and really going out and trying to dominate.

He should be a guy who drops 22 a night, but he isnt that guy.

I do agree with you, they are very different players on a team with 15 guys who dont fit together at all

Brook Lopez reads RealGM.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#123 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 6, 2015 9:26 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/uuords/status/575360450709295104[/tweet]

he is getting more offensive rebounds because he is playing closer to the hoop. alot of those second chance points are on his own misses.

you arent getting many offensive rebounds shooting 20 foot jumpers.

him playing closer to the rim has all kinds of benefits. more points, more rebs, more FTA, etc...
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#124 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Apr 6, 2015 9:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/uuords/status/575360450709295104[/tweet]

he is getting more offensive rebounds because he is playing closer to the hoop. alot of those second chance points are on his own misses.

you arent getting many offensive rebounds shooting 20 foot jumpers.

him playing closer to the rim has all kinds of benefits. more points, more rebs, more FTA, etc...

That's what I thought originally (his offensive rebounds are his misses) but I don't see more than 1 or 2 a game. He's also shooting so well he doesn't have many misses. Many seem to be from the guards more than anything.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#125 » by SpeedyG » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:45 am

So at some point in this thread (or one of the other Lopez threads), there was a discussion of rebounding. Obviously, Lopez' rebounding has gone up since he's been healthier (after his return from his last injury). I know someone was asking about rebounding and wasn't aware of the new NBA Player tracking stats using Vue. For what its worth, Brook's contested rebound percentage (rebounds he corralled with a defender within 3.5 feet of him)...and I filtered the results to those who have played 40+ games this season...

Lopez is tops at 54%.

The problem for Brook is his opportunities compared to the other top rebounders. Deandre is tops at 20.2 per game, while Brook is at 12.1 per game. That's 8 more shots that DeAndre gets than Lopez does per game. There's other factors here that the NBA.com stats don't really separate out (how many opportunities was the player simply out of position and how many he surrendered to another teammate). As it stands, they lump them together. However, going by his current stats (and granted its an average), but if Lopez can move his rebounding opportunities to where the other centers are to 15 per game (instead of his average of 12.1), and using his conversion % of 61 percent...

His rebound per game average if that was the case? 9.1

His rebound per game after All-Star break this season? 9.3
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets