2015 Off-season Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: 2015 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#201 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:22 pm

LOL I didn't leave a brain teaser guys!!! ahhh sorry!

I needed a laugh.... alright, back to drawing up ISO Joe plays.... like every other coach does....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#202 » by Paradise » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:13 am

We're currently projected to take Delon Wright in the draft who would easily replace Shaun Livingston but I'm starting to really sway towards Georginho Lucas De Paula instead.

-18 Years old
- 6'5 in height (still growing)
-7'1 wing span

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRkCW9Cf6B4[/youtube]

His game is still very raw, young but he probably could have a quick development similar to Giannis if we were to let him play through his mistakes.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#203 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 am

I like RJ Hunter and I think he would be a great pick. we have no shooting and little at SG. and he is more korver/reddick like in that he doesnt just shoot he moves well without the ball and defends
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#204 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Paradise wrote:We're currently projected to take Delon Wright in the draft who would easily replace Shaun Livingston but I'm starting to really sway towards Georginho Lucas De Paula instead.

-18 Years old
- 6'5 in height (still growing)
-7'1 wing span

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRkCW9Cf6B4[/youtube]

His game is still very raw, young but he probably could have a quick development similar to Giannis if we were to let him play through his mistakes.

I've been researching this guy as well. He'd be a bit of a project but his skillset and physical attributes can't be ignored.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#205 » by jbeachboy » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:27 am

What pick do we have? Who should we let go in offseason?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#206 » by DarkXaero » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:07 am

A bit offtopic I guess but seeing Rudy Gobert play so well for the Jazz, I remember when a bunch of us really wanted the Nets to draft him at the end of the 1st round. So annoying to think that we could've had him, he was always a lotto type talent.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#207 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:26 am

anyone who still wants to extend any of these losers is out of their mind.

-a 33 year old williams cant be here at 22M. he needs to be cut/streched.
-I dont care how well brook played... huge games like this show why he cant be built around. he isnt a #1/#2 guy on a contender
-Joe wont be back, i just hope kign isnt here to turn joe into something worse/longer term
-thad cant be extended. he is a role player, not someone you extend or waste cap on

next year needs to be a year of discipline. let the cap money come off. stretch dwill
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#208 » by Swav718 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am

It's going to be a long off-season
Paradise

Re: Re: 2015 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#209 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 am

Prokorov wrote:anyone who still wants to extend any of these losers is out of their mind.

-I dont care how well brook played... huge games like this show why he cant be built around. he isnt a #1/#2 guy on a contender
-Joe wont be back, i just hope kign isnt here to turn joe into something worse/longer term
-thad cant be extended. he is a role player, not someone you extend or waste cap on

next year needs to be a year of discipline. let the cap money come off. stretch dwill

I have to agree at this point. I definitely want both Thad and Brook to opt in this summer but we need a complete overhaul in 2016. Even down to coaching. We should've went with Messina over Hollins.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#210 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:anyone who still wants to extend any of these losers is out of their mind.

I have to agree at this point. I definitely want both Thad and Brook to opt in this summer but we need a complete overhaul in 2016. Even down to coaching. We should've went with Messina over Hollins.

i wouldnt want to have gone with messina, not so much because he couldnt have done better or been better long term but because i think if/when we failed under him he would take the blame as a foreign coach who couldnt hack. where as now at least the blame is finally mostly on the players and chance can and likely will happen.

Now I think we can go with a coach after next season as the long term replacment. id give hollins next year only because its kind of a sacraficial lamb type season and at least he wont cater to any players and hold them accountable

i dont want thad to opt in. i love the dude but i dont want to be in the tax and with him in we cant really get under the tax. UNLESS brook opts out. im fine with thad on 1 year if brook opts out.

best case:

Thad opts in
Brook opts in
We deal brook for 8-10 million in pure cap space/ungauranteed money and picks/young assets

that way we keep thad for a year and can get under the tax and dont lose brook for nothing.
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: 2015 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#211 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:

i wouldnt want to have gone with messina, not so much because he couldnt have done better or been better long term but because i think if/when we failed under him he would take the blame as a foreign coach who couldnt hack. where as now at least the blame is finally mostly on the players and chance can and likely will happen.

Now I think we can go with a coach after next season as the long term replacment. id give hollins next year only because its kind of a sacraficial lamb type season and at least he wont cater to any players and hold them accountable

i dont want thad to opt in. i love the dude but i dont want to be in the tax and with him in we cant really get under the tax. UNLESS brook opts out. im fine with thad on 1 year if brook opts out.

best case:

Thad opts in
Brook opts in
We deal brook for 8-10 million in pure cap space/ungauranteed money and picks/young assets

that way we keep thad for a year and can get under the tax and dont lose brook for nothing.

Prokhorov is probably going to pay the repeater tax. If Brook opts in. I definitely think we can flip Brook for assets now but it has to be a good deal.
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 2015 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#212 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Paradise wrote:Prokhorov is probably going to pay the repeater tax. If Brook opts in. I definitely think we can flip Brook for assets now but it has to be a good deal.

unless you are in the camp where you want to extend brook (lets leave that as an argument for another day) then i think you need to take what you can get for brook on or before the deadline, as opposed to just losing him for nothing.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#213 » by Zachbretton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Word is Lakers are looking to shop Nick Young. Is he a player that we bite on to get a shooter back in this squad?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Zachbretton wrote:Word is Lakers are looking to shop Nick Young. Is he a player that we bite on to get a shooter back in this squad?

no. he is owed 5.4M in 16-17. i dont want that on the books. and honestly, next year is kind of a throw away year. we want guys on 1 year deals who arent long term solutions.

also, he is more of a chucker then a catch and shoot guy
Zachbretton
Rookie

Post#215 » by Zachbretton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:Word is Lakers are looking to shop Nick Young. Is he a player that we bite on to get a shooter back in this squad?

no. he is owed 5.4M in 16-17. i dont want that on the books. and honestly, next year is kind of a throw away year. we want guys on 1 year deals who arent long term solutions.

also, he is more of a chucker then a catch and shoot guy

Yeah I just checked his salary and take back the suggestion. I like him because he can create for himself and he also can shoot with some regularity. But yeah I don't like the 5+Million
Zachbretton
Rookie

2015 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread 

Post#216 » by Zachbretton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Oh wow Pierce **** CRUSHING the Nets and this team... And saying ALL the **** we know and feel.

A team of quitters who don't care at all! At least someone is finally calling them out, so it's now known... These guys are **** JOKES

http://t.co/42KLNUKjtt

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#217 » by jeff1624 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Zachbretton wrote:Oh wow Pierce **** CRUSHING the Nets and this team... And saying ALL the **** we know and feel.

A team of quitters who don't care at all! At least someone is finally calling them out, so it's now known... These guys are **** JOKES

http://t.co/42KLNUKjtt

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Not that I disagree, but both KG and Pierce were mediocre at best last season, so him trying to downplay his **** in the playoffs and his mediocrity throughout the season is laughable as well. That being said, I really want to blow it up this summer. Keep Brook, trade/get rid of everyone else.
Dat Leadership
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#218 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:27 am

jeff1624 wrote:Not that I disagree, but both KG and Pierce were mediocre at best last season, so him trying to downplay his **** in the playoffs and his mediocrity throughout the season is laughable as well. That being said, I really want to blow it up this summer. Keep Brook, trade/get rid of everyone else.

Kg was one of our best players last year and his defense and rebounding at center were elite. He was one of the majors reason we got as far as we did. outside of playing time not much to knock, and alot of that was on kidd

Pierce was our second best player after Joe last season and once he got over his injury he posted elite shooting numbers. 60+ ts even with the Injury.

**** playoffs? Hit huge game winning shots . Game 1 and had the biggest play of the season blocking Lowry to clinch it in game 7

Him not hear is one of the main reasons we will miss the playoffs. We could really we his shooting and ability to get to the ft line as we suck in both areas
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#219 » by aaron_gray » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 am

Would you guys trade Plumlee for the Houston pick owed to the lakers and the lakers own early 2nd?
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Paradise

Post#220 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:58 am

aaron_gray wrote:Would you guys trade Plumlee for the Houston pick owed to the lakers and the lakers own early 2nd?

Yes, in a heartbeat.

Return to Brooklyn Nets