ImageImageImageImageImage

The Push For The Playoffs

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

SV1113
Junior
And1: 84

Re: The Push For The Playoffs 

Post#181 » by SV1113 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:34 pm

we still control our own fate, and we are still playing exceptional basketball. of the final 4 games the bulls game concerns me the most but they aren't that great this year anyway.

i'm guessing we go 3-1 beat Wiz Bucks and Magic possibly lose to the bulls.

hopefully the buls take care of business tonight and the raptors give the celtic and heat each a loss
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: The Push For The Playoffs 

Post#182 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:this isnt a gritty team, and it won be until dwill, joe, and lopez are gone. that isnt to say we cant sitll make the playoffs. but we need to take care of business AND get lucky

You're still with this Lopez nonsense? It's comcial at this point.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,037

Post#183 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
Prokorov wrote:2-2 only gets us to 38 wins. miami going 3-1 with the tiebreaker over us would get in in that scenario.

we need to go 3-1, and even that might not be enough

Oh, I had the impression you owned tiebreakers against two of the other teams in the running, but it's only with Indiana. You also lose the three/four way tiebreaker. Looks like if Miami wins tonight it'll be hard seeing them miss out. I think Miami goes 3-1, Boston 2-2, Indiana 2-2, Milwaukee 2-2.

yup, we need to win 3 games or hope miami only wins 2. i dont think either is likely

This is all pretty crazy. A four way tie is very possible.

Would you sign up the Nets going 3-1 right now? I think that should be enough. It would make the Celtics go 3-1... Pacers and Miami 4-0. A quick look at Miami: they haven't had a 4 win streak all season. They need to beat Bulls, Raptors and a local rival which has given them problems. The Pacers have Pistons away who have had some odd good wins(ATL; CHI; MIA), OKC desperate, Wizzards and then will ride their luck with the Grizzles... it will depend on if they rest or not.

If the Nets go 3-1 and miss out, that'd be extremely unlucky. Hey... imagine if Lebron sits out against the Celtics and they win... that'd be pretty disturbing.
60/21/10
SV1113
Junior
And1: 84

Post#184 » by SV1113 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:40 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:this isnt a gritty team, and it won be until dwill, joe, and lopez are gone. that isnt to say we cant sitll make the playoffs. but we need to take care of business AND get lucky

if we make the playoffs Lopez will be the main reason why
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:42 pm

Paradise wrote:

you think lopez is a high motor gritty player?

what exactly is nonsense about lopez being a slow footed guy who doesnt play with a high motor. he is clearly playing well, much improved. but he will never be a "gritty" player. he will never be a noah type.

he said he wants us to have a gritty identity, lopez isnt that guy regardless of how much you do or dont like him.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:45 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:This is all pretty crazy. A four way tie is very possible.

Would you sign up the Nets going 3-1 right now? I think that should be enough. It would make the Celtics go 3-1... Pacers and Miami 4-0. A quick look at Miami: they haven't had a 4 win streak all season. They need to beat Bulls, Raptors and a local rival which has given them problems. The Pacers have Pistons away who have had some odd good wins(ATL; CHI; MIA), OKC desperate, Wizzards and then will ride their luck with the Grizzles... it will depend on if they rest or not.

If the Nets go 3-1 and miss out, that'd be extremely unlucky. Hey... imagine if Lebron sits out against the Celtics and they win... that'd be pretty disturbing.

hell yes. i think 3 wins and we are in.

lebron is likely to sit out one or both games. im not mad about that. portland rested tons of guys vs us. everyone benefits from it one game or antoher. we lost 7 out of 8 games vs miami and boston. we cant blame anyone but ourselves if we miss out
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:45 pm

SV1113 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

if we make the playoffs Lopez will be the main reason why

i agree. but he still isnt a gritty tough player. he is an extremely skilled player with excellent size. thats not the same thing.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#188 » by Zachbretton » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:

lebron is likely to sit out one or both games. im not mad about that. portland rested tons of guys vs us. everyone benefits from it one game or antoher. we lost 7 out of 8 games vs miami and boston. we cant blame anyone but ourselves if we miss out

I agree I think if we can go 3-1 than the postseason is a lock (in my opinion). I think with the Celtics its really depends on WHO they rest, if it's just Lebron than I don't know if its enough to really even the games. I imagine they rest Lebron and then see if they can run some more plays for Love, Moz and JR down the stretch to get the other key players really involved going into the post season. If thats the case I worry for the Celtics because Love and Moz play a style that can TEAR them up. If the Cavs rest their main guys in Lebron, Kyrie and Love than the Celtics have a legit chance to grab both.

Yes our earlier losses to the Celtics and Miami are part of the reason we're in this position because we hold only one important tiebreaker.

It's all a toss up and we can just hope we do our part, because if we win the games we NEED to win than everyone else will be fodder.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:55 pm

Zachbretton wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I agree I think if we can go 3-1 than the postseason is a lock (in my opinion). I think with the Celtics its really depends on WHO they rest, if it's just Lebron than I don't know if its enough to really even the games. I imagine they rest Lebron and then see if they can run some more plays for Love, Moz and JR down the stretch to get the other key players really involved going into the post season. If thats the case I worry for the Celtics because Love and Moz play a style that can TEAR them up. If the Cavs rest their main guys in Lebron, Kyrie and Love than the Celtics have a legit chance to grab both.

Yes our earlier losses to the Celtics and Miami are part of the reason we're in this position because we hold only one important tiebreaker.

It's all a toss up and we can just hope we do our part, because if we win the games we NEED to win than everyone else will be fodder.

Boston is playing outstanding basketball. i think they easily beat a lebronless cavs team. i think they even split if everyone plays including lebron. that team just plays harder then everyone else. no way a kyrie/love without lebron team beats them in my eyes, let alone twice.

i live here so ive seen about 40-50 of their games. forget the names, they play their butts off

i think it comes down to us vs. miami.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#190 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:what happens if Celtics, Nets, Heat go 2-2?

nets would get in...

7. Celtics 38-44
8. Nets 38-44

9. Heat 37-45

sh*t my bad, for that post, I must've had Miami with the same record with us... idk my bad.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Zachbretton
Rookie

Post#191 » by Zachbretton » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Boston is playing outstanding basketball. i think they easily beat a lebronless cavs team. i think they even split if everyone plays including lebron. that team just plays harder then everyone else. no way a kyrie/love without lebron team beats them in my eyes, let alone twice.

i live here so ive seen about 40-50 of their games. forget the names, they play their butts off

i think it comes down to us vs. miami.

I know, we both live here. I love the baketball they play, but they lose to teams with bigs who can take over games because they themselves can't match that. They are a real gritty team, but I can see the Cavs looking to get some of their guys going and ready for the playoffs down the stretch. I guess we'll have to see.

I think its between Celtics/Nets/Heat for the 7-8 spots. We'll have a MUCH better view of things after tonight. If the Bulls win, not only does it hurt the heat but it makes sure the Bulls and Raps are going to play tough until the end for positioning. They both want the 3 seed. If they are battling it out than it makes our job a little easier down the stretch
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: The Push For The Playoffs 

Post#192 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:

what exactly is nonsense about lopez being a slow footed guy who doesnt play with a high motor. he is clearly playing well, much improved. but he will never be a "gritty" player. he will never be a noah type.

he said he wants us to have a gritty identity, lopez isnt that guy regardless of how much you do or dont like him.

You don't have to be Joakim Noah or Faried to be gritty. Lopez has been gritty in his own right and Marc Gasol is far from a high motor player.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#193 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:14 pm

god I want to watch the last four games now! I can't take this wait n see crap

lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#194 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:55 pm

Zachbretton wrote:I think its between Celtics/Nets/Heat for the 7-8 spots. We'll have a MUCH better view of things after tonight. If the Bulls win, not only does it hurt the heat but it makes sure the Bulls and Raps are going to play tough until the end for positioning. They both want the 3 seed. If they are battling it out than it makes our job a little easier down the stretch

only issue with that is that we also have to play the bulls :-?
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: The Push For The Playoffs 

Post#195 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:57 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:

You don't have to be Joakim Noah or Faried to be gritty. Lopez has been gritty in his own right and Marc Gasol is far from a high motor player.

i never said you hahve to be gritty to be good. it was in direct response to someone say he wants us to have a gritty identity, which wont happen with those 3 here.

lopez isnt gritty. i love that he rebounds now and plays closer to the rim but he still isnt gritty tough player. gasol doesnt have a high motor, but that dude is tough as nails and will go toe to toe with anyone and really gets after it defensively. brook isnt that same guy
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,841

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 9, 2015 8:52 pm

I won't say that Brook is a "gritty" player, but the guy is bringing MAX effort.

That's all I ask.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Zachbretton
Rookie

Post#197 » by Zachbretton » Thu Apr 9, 2015 10:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:I think its between Celtics/Nets/Heat for the 7-8 spots. We'll have a MUCH better view of things after tonight. If the Bulls win, not only does it hurt the heat but it makes sure the Bulls and Raps are going to play tough until the end for positioning. They both want the 3 seed. If they are battling it out than it makes our job a little easier down the stretch

True but I think we match up better because we can play against their bigs. I guess its just one big "we'll just have to see". It all starts with a loss to the heat tonight and a win on friday against the wiz
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Push For The Playoffs 

Post#198 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i never said you hahve to be gritty to be good. it was in direct response to someone say he wants us to have a gritty identity, which wont happen with those 3 here.

lopez isnt gritty. i love that he rebounds now and plays closer to the rim but he still isnt gritty tough player. gasol doesnt have a high motor, but that dude is tough as nails and will go toe to toe with anyone and really gets after it defensively. brook isnt that same guy

Hollins being on his ass all season long was to get him to become that and it's happening. Why does lopez have to go for this team to be gritty?
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#199 » by Born_Ready » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 am

Prokorov wrote:

This.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#200 » by Born_Ready » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:57 am

Anyone else think Rose is messing up their chemistry?
OKC Thunder fan, too.

Return to Brooklyn Nets