ImageImageImageImageImage

NETS/Blazers PG: BeastBrook and D-Will outduel Lillard

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Re: GT: Trail Blazers vs Nets - Monday, 4/6/15 7:00pm 

Post#181 » by Lamak » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:24 am

Prokorov wrote:Thad was a bad man today.

Brook with a "quiet" 32 points. he was enormous again tonite. hit some big ones to stop portland runs.

Dwill good again, even ebtter then the production is the mindset, he is aggressive

HUGE WIN!

hollins not wasting time going with his starters

thad 40 minutes
dwill 36
joe 34

Hollins should get some praise for his lineups, it was nice to see him and Brook talking and getting along on the sideline. The team is gelling at a great time.
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,787

Re: Re: 

Post#182 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:25 am

Swav718 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Thad had the quietest 20 points I've ever seen

no brook had the quietest 30 points i ever seen, thad was all over the floor getting alot of Orebs

Brook was too busy owning Portland's bigs
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#183 » by Zachbretton » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:26 am

Lamak wrote:

Brook with a "quiet" 32 points. he was enormous again tonite. hit some big ones to stop portland runs.

Dwill good again, even ebtter then the production is the mindset, he is aggressive

HUGE WIN!

thad 40 minutes
dwill 36
joe 34

Hollins should get some praise for his lineups, it was nice to see him and Brook talking and getting along on the sideline. The team is gelling at a great time.

I felt that Hollins is seeing that we need to play our starters more minutes to succeed, but is being smart about it too. He is playing rotations that would work (more-or-less) for the playoffs. He's trying to minimize the bad.

So happy we are finally winning must win games. this isn't the end and we need to make our final push but this was a big win, creates even more space between us and everyone below
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#184 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:26 am

Lamak wrote:

HUGE WIN!

thad 40 minutes
dwill 36
joe 34

Amen. Hollins and Brook getting on the same page has turned this ship around

and suddenly, Deron has picked it up.

it's a shame it takes nearly 82 games for this to happen, but hell.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#185 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:28 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:what he made tonight, for playing terrible basketball.... if I had that, it would literally change the situation for my family and me for the rest of our life.

$282,692 before taxes.

In one night.

I could stash away half of that and let interest build, use some of it for investing, and use the rest for necessities.

I know tendinitis is painful, but Joe isn't even trying out there.

he didnt play well, but i thought he took good shots, got to his spots on the floor, passed really well. this wasnt the typical go sit in the corner in a coma game from joe. this wasnt a game were he hurt us and took things off the table. he needs to hit those 4 foot shots though, those are point blank.

I'm usually lenient with Joe but he's been below average. Even D-Will is playing better than him

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#186 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Really? He was all over the place tonight imo. Very active.

And plus THAT DUNK...

He only had 10 points and 3 rebounds at halftime
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Re: NETS/Blazers PG: BeastBrook and D-Will outduel Lillard 

Post#187 » by kerry kittles » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:30 am

Palmeirense wrote:3 more wins and we're in. Hopefully the hawks decide to sit their starters on wednesday.

Budenholzer acknowledged the importance of the swap. can't see them sitting guys. But i do agree. I think we need to go 3-2 to get in.
lkitt0804
Sophomore
And1: 38

NETS/Blazers PG: BeastBrook and D-Will outduel Lillard 

Post#188 » by lkitt0804 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:31 am

We didn't need Joe to score tonight. I thought in the third when they were building momentum and we ran the offense through him and that help stem their momentum a bit. He hit a key turn around about 2 minutes left in the game and help ice the game at the line. If we get 30-20-20 from Brook, Deron, and Thad I'm ok with this type of game from Joe. It's games like the Atlanta game where we need him to step up when everybody plays like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:38 am

kerry kittles wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:3 more wins and we're in. Hopefully the hawks decide to sit their starters on wednesday.

Budenholzer acknowledged the importance of the swap. can't see them sitting guys. But i do agree. I think we need to go 3-2 to get in.

Pacers schedule will get them to 38. so 2 wins we'd still get in via tiebreaker, but if they ran the table it wouldnt be enough.

need to find 3 wins somehow
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#190 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:45 am

Has anyone seen the 'Did Robin Lopez let Brooklyn win?' thread in the General Board? :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: 

Post#191 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:52 am

Paradise wrote:Has anyone seen the 'Did Robin Lopez let Brooklyn win?' thread in the General Board? :lol:

yea. you cant make that stuff up.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#192 » by kerry kittles » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:53 am

Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:

Pacers schedule will get them to 38. so 2 wins we'd still get in via tiebreaker, but if they ran the table it wouldnt be enough.

I'm looking at the Heat.
Two very easy wins: 76ers and Magic

A game they should win: Hornets - They're 4-8 in their last 12; are shutting down Jefferson; they're home

Two tough games: Raptors & Bulls. They're home for both these games, and both the Bulls and Raptors on the 2nd night of back to backs. Both will be playing for something, but i can see the Heat splitting these.

If they finish 4-1 we would need to go 3-2. Need at least 3 wins is how i'm looking at it
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#193 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:55 am

kerry kittles wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:

I'm looking at the Heat.

A game they should win: Hornets - They're 4-8 in their last 12; are shutting down Jefferson; they're home

Two tough games: Raptors & Bulls. They're home for both these games, and both the Bulls and Raptors on the 2nd night of back to backs. Both will be playing for something, but i can see the Heat splitting these.

If they finish 4-1 we would need to go 3-2. Need at least 3 wins is how i'm looking at it

i think they lose to charlotte and chicago. i also dont view orlando as an easy loss. for them or us.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,785

Post#194 » by Rich Rane » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:59 am

On a lighter note:
Asked about Brook, the Brooklyn Nets center, winning consecutive Eastern Conference Player of the Week awards, Robin quipped, "I mean it's amazing how far a team can go with a crappy center. I guess he fooled the NBA for a couple weeks."

Asked about Brook growing out his hair, Robin, who sports a curly fro, replied, "Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Even though he obviously can't pull it off with the charisma and style that I can, but he can always dream, he can always aspire."

http://espn.go.com/blog/brooklyn-nets/p ... th-matchup
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#195 » by kerry kittles » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm looking at the Heat.

i think they lose to charlotte and chicago. i also dont view orlando as an easy loss. for them or us.

I guess we disagree. Charlotte barley beat the 76ers their last game - a one point win. Al Jefferson and MKG are likely to miss the Heat game. They're down 2 starters. They're without Zeller as well. Last game they started:
Kemba Walker
Gerald Henderson
Jeff Taylor
Marvin Williams
Bismark Biyombo

Miami's home their next four games and then head to Philly for their last. I really think there's a good chance they go 4-1.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:39 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Really? He was all over the place tonight imo. Very active.

And plus THAT DUNK...

He only had 10 points and 3 rebounds at halftime

That's a good pace to me

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#197 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:41 am

Rich Rane wrote:On a lighter note:
Asked about Brook, the Brooklyn Nets center, winning consecutive Eastern Conference Player of the Week awards, Robin quipped, "I mean it's amazing how far a team can go with a crappy center. I guess he fooled the NBA for a couple weeks."

Asked about Brook growing out his hair, Robin, who sports a curly fro, replied, "Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Even though he obviously can't pull it off with the charisma and style that I can, but he can always dream, he can always aspire."

http://espn.go.com/blog/brooklyn-nets/p ... th-matchup

Robin never hesitates to stick a knife in Brook's back :lol: You can tell who the meaner sibling was when they were growing up

:lol: @ he can always dream. he can always aspire.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#198 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:44 am

lkitt0804 wrote:We didn't need Joe to score tonight. I thought in the third when they were building momentum and we ran the offense through him and that help stem their momentum a bit. He hit a key turn around about 2 minutes left in the game and help ice the game at the line. If we get 30-20-20 from Brook, Deron, and Thad I'm ok with this type of game from Joe. It's games like the Atlanta game where we need him to step up when everybody plays like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Problem is, Joe will watch the team get ripped and do nothing

Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#199 » by Zachbretton » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:56 am

Did anyone notice this during the game?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHgr_JuZmRY[/youtube]

Never got overturned and is currently still considered a 3 pointer
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#200 » by MGrand15 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:16 am

Man, I never doubt Deron's toughness. He played through a bad wrist with Utah and early in his time here. He played through bad ankleS during his time in Brooklyn. It just annoys me how visible he is when he's hurt. He has a little finger sleeve on two fingers on his non-shooting hand. He's been grabbing at them CONSTANTLY for the past couple games. He's still making his shots so I'm not complaining but damn. Even when they're warmed up and adrenaline is high they hurt that much? I can't tell how serious it is but jeez. Constantly pulling and stretching those fingers - grimacing. Raises my stress levels.

Return to Brooklyn Nets