MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#61 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
exactly. of course pierce thought that dwill/joe/brook would carry the team. they were 3 max players in their primes. And pierce wasnt awful, he just struggled when he was injured. As far as KG, you cant really knock him for struggling when he was asked to play a position he isnt suited for. once kidd moved him to C we were outstanding not long after.

and im not sure how you can knock the wizards... calling them an "awful team". they beat the bulls and were better last year. they are MUCH better the us this year. and they have guys who play a TON harder then we do.

of course it is a better situation.

Have you followed the Wizards at all this year? By this time last year, our team was 3 levels above this current Wizard team. AT LEAST.

The same Nets team that took nights off on the regular? Saying that we were three levels above a team that swept the season series against us last year is a bit of a stretch!

Hate the players, organization and all that all you want - but we ended last year as a VERY good team. Post all star break our record was 20-11 while punting the last 4-5 games of the season. Washington post all star break this year is 13-14 and that record isn't deceiving - they have major issues. None of their fans are confident and the only reason they get out of the 1st round is because they might face a Toronto Raptor team with even more issues. Toronto is 12-16 since the break. (before you compare that team to the Toronto team we faced - last years Raptors were 20-10 after the break).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,564

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:54 pm

I would say that we were a good team with some depth, shooting, and great at forcing TOs but in the bigger picture Miami, Indy, Chicago, Washington were all better. Saying that we were "very good" is a bit revisionist. We were god awful on back to back nights and there were nights were the team didn't even bother showing up. Very good teams compete every night.

Washington has their issues but I still wouldn't say that last year's team is several levels ahead of them.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#63 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:41 pm

These clowns won't even defend themselves

[tweet]https://twitter.com/andy_vasquez/status/588455810335780864[/tweet]
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#64 » by kerry kittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Paradise wrote:These clowns won't even defend themselves

[tweet]https://twitter.com/andy_vasquez/status/588455810335780864[/tweet]

Come on. They have a must win game tonight to have the chance of making the playoffs. Let them defend themselves after the game. They should be focused on winning this game, not defending themselves prior to it.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#65 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Not a nets fan.
I was huge fan of deron williams in his utah days though.
I wonder what has happened to that player. Sure, injuries happened. But injuries happened to other players as well.
I can't believe it when i watch him finish a game with 1/11 or 0 points.
Really sad about him.
And really bad for the nets that they are tied with such deals for williams and johnson.
Your GM really needs to change profession.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#66 » by Lamak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Disappointing read, but not surprised by anything Pierce said. I just wonder what Deron Williams thinks about these comments by a future HoF that was his teammate literally last year. Does he just not care?
Brooklyn Nets
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#67 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Add Reggie Miller as another HOFer ripping D-Will:

"I can't argue with what Paul Pierce said. I have to agree with him," Reggie Miller told WFAN. "I don't really like to kill guys but you have to call a spade a spade. I think he's right on.

"The most important position in the game today is the point guard position," he added. "And if you can't get that out of your point guard - because that's the coach on the floor. That's the guy that has to get everyone rallying in the right position. So if your point guard is not demanding and is not accountable and is holding everyone else accountable, your team is going to struggle. That's why Brooklyn has struggled because Deron Williams - not only has he not held himself accountable, he's not holding anybody on the floor accountable as well."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2186953
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#68 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:00 am

I feel bad for you guys with the fall of Deron, as a Jazz fan I always felt he may have resigned in Utah. He was the leader here. I remember one time when rookie Gordon Hayward blew a play and Deron threw the ball at his head. Deron wanted to win period. I think Utah traded him because he knew Utah would never attract a couple of superstars to join and win it all.

Their is even a bunch of Jazz fans that want him back to be a veteran PG for the young point guards. There is even a current message board about him. However, this may be stupid of Utah and you guys would have to throw in talent or draft picks for Utah to eat that contract. That would look really bad to trade draft pics to get a player than to give draft pics to give him back.
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#69 » by Quiet-Dude » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:32 pm

“I’m not bothered at all,” Williams said. “Being here, I’ve got thick skin. He has his opinions, and that’s fine.
“I can’t change his opinions, so we’ll leave it at that.”
Klaw basketball
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Paradise wrote:What fatigue? He's been doing nothing all season. Even after an extended all star break, he reverted back to being terrible. If he can't play basketball in March and April without being tired then he needs to retire.

he was 9th in the NBA in minutes this year(2,971) at 33 years old. the 8 guys above him are all under 30 and 6 of them are 25 and younger. It is being overly harsh on Joe not to consider that fatigue played some part in his struggles this season.

I'm sure he'd look alot better in march and april if he had played 800 less minutes.

Joe deserves criticism. But it also needs to be considered how abused he was minutes wise. especially in january where he led the NBA in minutes.
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#71 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:What fatigue? He's been doing nothing all season. Even after an extended all star break, he reverted back to being terrible. If he can't play basketball in March and April without being tired then he needs to retire.

he was 9th in the NBA in minutes this year(2,971) at 33 years old. the 8 guys above him are all under 30 and 6 of them are 25 and younger. It is being overly harsh on Joe not to consider that fatigue played some part in his struggles this season.

I'm sure he'd look alot better in march and april if he had played 800 less minutes.

Joe deserves criticism. But it also needs to be considered how abused he was minutes wise. especially in january where he led the NBA in minutes.

How was he abused? I get his minute usage is high but he could easily request rest days if he wanted to.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:43 am

He also coasted damn near most of the season once we got to February.

isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#73 » by isekii » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:22 am

The thing that pisses me off about joe Johnson is that he makes those predictable lazy passes that always gets picked off several times a game.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:33 am

isekii wrote:The thing that pisses me off about joe Johnson is that he makes those predictable lazy passes that always gets picked off several times a game.

are you thinking of williams or jack?

joe is the best of our gaurds when it comes to ball security

jack LOVES to throw it away. deron too
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Deron has always turned the ball over at the most ridiculous times. Really can't wait until his days as a Net are over, it's been unpleasant.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#76 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

That goes for both Williams and Johnson.

Damn, what a farcry from how excited everyone was when we landed Deron. I know many weren't crazy about Johnson b/c of his contract (then later discovered the pick swaps), but that potential of Williams and Johnson was supposed to be the best in the league. They never, ever came close to what could have been. Just a terrible pairing and terrible attidude from the both of them since they've been in Brooklyn.

I pray that some sort of miracle trade to Utah, or stretch, of Deron can happen. Then trade Johnson for Brooklyn born Stephenson to help breath energy and life into this franchise, even if Stephenson is just a 6th man offensive punch off the bench.

Can't wait until these guys are gone :(
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

How was he abused? I get his minute usage is high but he could easily request rest days if he wanted to.

playing a 33 year old the 6th most minutes in the league. you dont see how thats abuse? its been over 10 years since someone 33 or older was top 6 in minutes played.

request a night off? we hae no SG/SF as it is, he literally cant.

it is simply ignorant to not understand why a 33 year old playing 3000 minutes would be fatigued
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#78 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

playing a 33 year old the 6th most minutes in the league. you dont see how thats abuse? its been over 10 years since someone 33 or older was top 6 in minutes played.

request a night off? we hae no SG/SF as it is, he literally cant.

it is simply ignorant to not understand why a 33 year old playing 3000 minutes would be fatigued

It's also simply naive to use it as an excuse like his minutes is what prevents him from being a better player and leader. When he was averaging 21 points per game and destroying the Raptors last April, he wasn't tired. So, using that now is a cop out.

We haven't played since Wednesday. He has no reason not to come out energized today on both ends after 3 days rest and preperation.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

I'd think tendinitis and a clear disinterest has more to do with Joe being trash than fatigue does. It's not like he's out there busting his tail on both ends, most of the time you hardly know he's on the floor and is a sieve defensively

Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Paradise wrote:
It's also simply naive to use it as an excuse like his minutes is what prevents him from being a better player and leader. When he was averaging 21 points per game and destroying the Raptors last April, he wasn't tired. So, using that now is a cop out.

[/quote]

he is a yearvolder then last year and shoulders alot more then last year. last year we had guys capable of backing him up. now we dont

I also enver said it was an excuse for all his poor play. He should still be better, but to deny minutes are a MAJOR factor is criminal. again, over a decade since someone his age ranked that high in minutes. this is when guys usually start to break down. yet he is playing 3000 minutes.

Return to Brooklyn Nets