Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:58 am

kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:Joe led by example in the playoffs last year. You don't his play was inspiring, getting guys to perform better. We won that playoff series on his back.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/588132010876608513[/tweet]

As good as Joe was against the Raptors. It's pretty obvious that it was KG and Pierce who motivated him to be that good and consistent. He hasn't looked that good in any important games this season without KG or Pierce. I don't think that is a coincidence.

He was six time all star before he came here whose been past the 1st round. He hasn't looked as good this year because he's been hurt and declining due to heavy minutes and age.

you guys are splitting hairs....

its been obvious to anyone who was willing to see the truth that from day 1 deron, Joe, and Brook were not players driven by winning and were not guys who were willingly going to give a high effort on the court. which is why in 3 years our record vs sub .500 teams vs .500 and over teams is such an enormous disparity.

joe was great vs toronto. doesnt matter why that hasnt been the norm for him or any of the tiny 3
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#22 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:06 am

This is the stuff I said about Deron ad nauseam last year, how he was supposed to be THE guy that everyone else fed off of, how as a supporting cast, we were actually quite stacked, we just needed Deron to step up and be a star, and how he was just content being part of the supporting cast and deferring and being a glorified role player himself and asking guys like JJ and Pierce and KG to step up and be star players when they weren't that caliber anymore.

And I was called a hater. Yeah, Pierce basically repeated everything I said word for word. A guy who was actually a teammate of Deron's. **** Deron Williams, he can go kick rocks. Wasted a potentially great season last year because he couldn't be bothered to do anything. A supporting cast won 44 games and a playoff series last year. Imagine if we had the Deron Williams that actually gave a **** on that team, and wasn't just a role player.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#23 » by kerry kittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:09 am

Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:
As good as Joe was against the Raptors. It's pretty obvious that it was KG and Pierce who motivated him to be that good and consistent. He hasn't looked that good in any important games this season without KG or Pierce. I don't think that is a coincidence.

He was six time all star before he came here whose been past the 1st round. He hasn't looked as good this year because he's been hurt and declining due to heavy minutes and age.

its been obvious to anyone who was willing to see the truth that from day 1 deron, Joe, and Brook were not players driven by winning and were not guys who were willingly going to give a high effort on the court. which is why in 3 years our record vs sub .500 teams vs .500 and over teams is such an enormous disparity.

joe was great vs toronto. doesnt matter why that hasnt been the norm for him or any of the tiny 3

Well that's what I'm saying comparing Joe to Brook. Joe was huge in the playoffs last season. Brook was huge during this recent stretch. Brook is a good player. Joe has been a good player in this league for awhile. Both are quiet, reserved, laid-back guys. They aren't passionate leaders that KG and Paul are.

I don't think either one doesn't care about basketball which Paul is basically implying about Deron. I think they quietly go about their business, put in work to improve their game, etc. Just neither one is a true #1 on a team, a true leader.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#24 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 am

kerry kittles wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:

Well that's what I'm saying comparing Joe to Brook. Joe was huge in the playoffs last season. Brook was huge during this recent stretch. Brook is a good player. Joe has been a good player in this league for awhile. Both are quiet, reserved, laid-back guys. They aren't passionate leaders that KG and Paul are.

I don't think either one doesn't care about basketball which Paul is basically implying about Deron. I think they quietly go about their business, put in work to improve their game, etc. Just neither one is a true #1 on a team, a true leader.

they dont care enough... i wouldnt say they dont care, but when you make max money you need to put in decent effort consistently
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by kerry kittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

they dont care enough... i wouldnt say they dont care, but when you make max money you need to put in decent effort consistently

I'm saying they put in work on their game - which I believe Pierce is saying Deron doesn't do. That he's content on just cashing checks. Joe and Brook are not super passionate guys, are not leaders.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#26 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 am

Reading this just gets me excited for the day when Deron Williams moves out of New York for good.

I would package Plumlee with him and see what kind of decent PG is on the table.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#27 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:14 am

I find it weird that Pierce thought that last year was such a horrible experience. We dealt with injuries and a rookie head coach to start. From January 1st on - we were a VERY good team. We made it to the 2nd round. We would've went further without a doubt if we didn't meet up with Miami. Pierce came into the season out of shape - dealt with injuries. KG was pretty f'n bad to start and clearly couldn't handle PF duties. Deron having 2 bad ankles probably had more to do with his poor season than the "NY pressure" did.

It's funny that he's coming out with this stuff while playing for an awful team, awful system that's going nowhere in the playoffs unless they matchup with the worst team in the 1st round. It's not like he's playing for the Ubuntu Celtics right now. Last year was really worse? :lol:

I'm not saying he's wrong about Deron or Joe. It's just funny cause Pierce was awful to start the year. Awful when he was battling injuries. I guess he expected Brook, Deron, Joe to carry him?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Re: Re: Re: Paul Pierce RIPS into Deron Williams and Joe Johnson 

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:20 am

kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
It's people's personality. You can have all the talent in the world and not be a great leader. You can have little talent and be a great leader. I was named MVP of my high school team. Was never named a captain. I was the last named captain of my college team despite being one of the most talented guys on my roster. My roommate was voted in before and he was far less talented than me. He was a much better leader than I was.

Joe and Brook are cut from the same cloth. Quiet, reserved, laidback guys that aren't going to get in people's faces to demand better performance. Or give some inspiring, impassionate speech. You can be a great leader on a not so talented team. KG was still an awesome leader in Minnesota despite being on some god awful teams.

It's a personality trait not something based solely on your level of play. Bosh never really struck me as a "leader" despite being a great player.

Personally, I can overlook that in people. It would be great to have ONE leader on this team. I cannot overlook someone not giving it their all which he said about Deron.

Honestly, I was waiting for the day that Pierce or KG were going to tear into these pieces of ****

and oh!!!!!!!!! not shocking he would lead the spin brigade.

The difference is if you have a quiet personality like a Tim Duncan, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Derrick Rose. You go out and lead by example. You can make the argument, going 15-10 since all-star break is a product of Brook leading by example.

However, when has Joe led by example? He wasn't that quiet to call dudes out in the media for being selfish earlier in the season. So, if he can say that then why can't he say it when it's supposed to be said? During that stretch after he made those comments, he was embarrassingly awful on both ends.

Deron is a complete loser at this point but you can still throw Joe within that mix.

Joe led by example in the playoffs last year. You don't his play was inspiring, getting guys to perform better. We won that playoff series on his back.

According to our coach he can say things behind close doors which you're implying he cannot.

I am not shocked at who came to the aid of the Nets after a former player rips them. I guess season tickets and unrestricted access mean everything to a senior citizen. Integrity is a myth!!!!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:23 am

MGrand15 wrote:I find it weird that Pierce thought that last year was such a horrible experience. We dealt with injuries and a rookie head coach to start. From January 1st on - we were a VERY good team. We made it to the 2nd round. We would've went further without a doubt if we didn't meet up with Miami. Pierce came into the season out of shape - dealt with injuries. KG was pretty f'n bad to start and clearly couldn't handle PF duties. Deron having 2 bad ankles probably had more to do with his poor season than the "NY pressure" did.

It's funny that he's coming out with this stuff while playing for an awful team, awful system that's going nowhere in the playoffs unless they matchup with the worst team in the 1st round. It's not like he's playing for the Ubuntu Celtics right now. Last year was really worse? :lol:

I'm not saying he's wrong about Deron or Joe. It's just funny cause Pierce was awful to start the year. Awful when he was battling injuries. I guess he expected Brook, Deron, Joe to carry him?

You are seriously trying to refute Pierce?

KG and Pierce came in here thinking that Deron, Joe, and Lopez would lead the squad and they would be roleplayers

You are an ENABLER.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#30 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 am

Paradise wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12690 ... eaks-truth

"I'm much happier,'' he said. "It was a tough situation (in Brooklyn) last year. Horrible, really.

"It was just the guys' attitudes there. It wasn't like we were surrounded by a bunch of young guys. They were vets who didn't want to play and didn't want to practice. I was looking around saying, 'What's this?' Kevin (Garnett) and I had to pick them up every day in practice.

"If me and Kevin weren't there, that team would have folded up. That team would have packed it in. We kept them going each and every day.'

The player that puzzled him the most, said Pierce, was point guard Deron Williams.

"Before I got there, I looked at Deron as an MVP candidate,'' Pierce said. "But I felt once we got there, that's not what he wanted to be. He just didn't want that.

"I think a lot of the pressure got to him sometimes. This was his first time in the national spotlight. The media in Utah is not the same as the media in New York, so that can wear on some people. I think it really affected him.''

Pierce said veteran Joe Johnson was an affable professional but also a reluctant leader.

"Joe is quiet,'' Pierce noted. "He doesn't want much attention. He doesn't say much.

"There's a lot of secondary guys on that team. KG and I went there looking at them as the main guys who would push us, because we were advancing in years. But we ended up doing all the pushing.''

"I would have stayed in Brooklyn because of Kevin,'' Pierce said. "I told him, 'I don't really like this situation but I would never leave you if you want me to stay.' But they decided not to re-sign me so I never had to make a choice. I would never have left Kevin like that.''

God bless Paul Pierce.

Only a LIAR would sit here, watch these **** ing ass holes stink up the gym and try to refute that

Only a 70 year old man who gets kickbacks from the Nets front office would REFUTE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, the world knows the truth about this piece of **** team

**** DERON AND JOE

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#31 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I find it weird that Pierce thought that last year was such a horrible experience. We dealt with injuries and a rookie head coach to start. From January 1st on - we were a VERY good team. We made it to the 2nd round. We would've went further without a doubt if we didn't meet up with Miami. Pierce came into the season out of shape - dealt with injuries. KG was pretty f'n bad to start and clearly couldn't handle PF duties. Deron having 2 bad ankles probably had more to do with his poor season than the "NY pressure" did.

You are seriously trying to refute Pierce?

KG and Pierce came in here thinking that Deron, Joe, and Lopez would lead the squad and they would be roleplayers

You are an ENABLER.

Read anything I wrote before responding please.
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#32 » by JudBuchler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:48 am

I really thought the nets could have done something last year, but that was because i was a fool to beleive Deron Williams was a top 5 pg and possible top 15 type of player, and thought Lopez was a top 3 Center and not a puzzy, and thought Joe cared more then he did.

I felt adding a Paul Pierce and KG to that, as they explained to be role players that they would have taken the step to become championship contenders

i think Pierce and KG played there part well, they brought this sack of **** roster to the 2nd round, and that was with Lopez bitch azz going down for the year.

now this same team with lopez cant even make the playoffs.

Pierce performed a miracle, Kidd did well to leave this mess and so did pierce even though he would have stayed because of KG.

Pierce was 36 years old, what the hell did anyone expect for him to do , same with KG. the real loser is Deron and he showed his azz in the playoffs once again. same with that sissy Brook lopez for him playing like he did last year before going down.
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#33 » by JudBuchler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:51 am

If Deron was replaced by Cp3 And Lopez with just an average Center or PF

that team would have won a championship last year
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#34 » by FAH1223 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:05 am

Wiz fan here, you are right. Kidd is a better HC, you all had a better offense, he played Pierce at the 4, Pierce played well there, and did good in the postseason. Wittman rarely plays him at PF, rarely spaces the floor with Wall, and shrinks his offense to midrange jumpers and no threes despite the Wiz shooting a top 10 percentage from there.

I think the reason why he likes it here is because Wall, Beal, Porter, and Seraphin are young guys that are soaking up everything he says and he organization put him on an obvious pedestal.

We're losing in 5 in Round 1 which is fine with me as long as Grunfeld and Wittman are gone, the worst GM/HC in the NBA. :)
JudBuchler
Rookie

Post#35 » by JudBuchler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:10 am

^ billy king is the worst gm in the NBA, grunfield is running for 2nd though

i think wizards lose in round 2 but not round 1
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#36 » by Quiet-Dude » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 am

ahw gwwad the trufff!!... JJ at least show up to the playoffs and made the bzzer beater that turned the season around, but dammit, DWill was garbage since the first round, shooting terrible, choking and the 0 points performance. Lopez sucked but Kidd didnt know how to use him anyway, AK never had a role. wow just wow.
Klaw basketball
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by kerry kittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:42 am

Technically we are favorites tonight. Vegas has us between 10-8 favorites tonight.

No one knows how much care of effort the Grizzles will exert. Gasol and Conley are both questionable. If they don't play, coupled with Allen who is already listed as out we are not making the playoffs.

We don't deserve it, but doesn't mean I won't root for it.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#38 » by Born_Ready » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm kind of glad it was Paul Pierce who spoke up first. Maybe now KG won't have to. I imagine if KG has an opportunity to speak about the NETS it won't be as G rated as Paul Pierce.

As for tonight, I am prepared for the defeat. However, with it being possibly their last game, I will watch closely in hopes that it isn't in fact their last game of the season.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm

kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:Joe led by example in the playoffs last year. You don't his play was inspiring, getting guys to perform better. We won that playoff series on his back.

Joe had the best playoff showing of his career outside of his Phoenix days last year, prior to that he was notorious for not showing up in the playoffs. Johnson was clearly motivated by playing with KG/PP.

Playing with Deron doesn't motivate anyone

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 pm

JudBuchler wrote:I really thought the nets could have done something last year, but that was because i was a fool to beleive Deron Williams was a top 5 pg and possible top 15 type of player, and thought Lopez was a top 3 Center and not a puzzy, and thought Joe cared more then he did.

I felt adding a Paul Pierce and KG to that, as they explained to be role players that they would have taken the step to become championship contenders

i think Pierce and KG played there part well, they brought this sack of **** roster to the 2nd round, and that was with Lopez bitch azz going down for the year.

now this same team with lopez cant even make the playoffs.

Pierce performed a miracle, Kidd did well to leave this mess and so did pierce even though he would have stayed because of KG.

Pierce was 36 years old, what the hell did anyone expect for him to do , same with KG. the real loser is Deron and he showed his azz in the playoffs once again. same with that sissy Brook lopez for him playing like he did last year before going down.

Brook Lopez didn't play badly before he went down.

Return to Brooklyn Nets