ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 2 PG: The 100 million dollar scrub leads us to an 0-2 hole

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Re: Game 2 PG: The 100 million dollar scrub leads us to an 0-2 hole 

Post#301 » by Shook Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:25 am

DarkXaero wrote:Been forming this opinion for a while so it isn't anything knee jerk. We need to trade Plumlee while we can still get something of value. He'll have his nice stretches of play in the regular season but he's a mediocre talent, aside from his athleticism. Ever since the ASG break, he hasn't even been an average backup C, he's been downright awful. People scoffed at the idea of trading Plumlee with Deron to the Kings, but that deal doesn't look bad at all right now.

I'd package him with Mirza and Dwill or Joe to move either of those contracts. Joe is going to look even worse next season with all the wear and tear on his body.

Plumlee is an athlete not a basketball player, he hasnt improved at all from his rookie yr. Mirza is never going to be anything in this league more than a streaky shooter.

While we are at it I'd move Bojan too to get rid of Dwill. He doesnt impress me unless his jumper is falling not what I want at sg.
MirzaIsGod
Senior
And1: 206

Post#302 » by MirzaIsGod » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 am

Shook Jones wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Been forming this opinion for a while so it isn't anything knee jerk. We need to trade Plumlee while we can still get something of value. He'll have his nice stretches of play in the regular season but he's a mediocre talent, aside from his athleticism. Ever since the ASG break, he hasn't even been an average backup C, he's been downright awful. People scoffed at the idea of trading Plumlee with Deron to the Kings, but that deal doesn't look bad at all right now.

I'd package him with Mirza and Dwill or Joe to move either of those contracts. Joe is going to look even worse next season with all the wear and tear on his body.

Plumlee is an athlete not a basketball player, he hasnt improved at all from his rookie yr. Mirza is never going to be anything in this league more than a streaky shooter.

While we are at it I'd move Bojan too to get rid of Dwill. He doesnt impress me unless his jumper is falling not what I want at sg.

Mirzas contract runs out at the end of the season
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#303 » by isekii » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:37 am

Yea hopefully sacto is still interested in dwill package with plum
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#304 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 am

Deron came out exactly as he did G1. Awful. If Jarrett Jack and Joe Johnson can knife their way through the rim on PNRs, no reason Deron should be picking up his dribble constantly. Pure fear again.

I don't even mind the last shot but honestly, his shot mechanics were way off on all his jumpers. No surprise at all that he missed. He has to stop **** messing with that hand. This guy deals with any slight bruise like it's about to be amputated. No reason he should be picking at it and pulling it while it's 100% warmed up.

I don't really know whether to be encouraged by the fact that we could've stole this one and we kept G1 close. Or discouraged at such a missed opportunity. I worry about us coming out in G3 and just getting demolished from start to finish.

On the bright side, we are seeing how beatable this ATL Hawks team is. Stay at home on shooters, prevent open layups, and they're beatable. Things get tough for them when they start ISOing or firing contested mid-range shots.

Lopez needs to 100% abandon that fadeaway jumpshot. I get that he doesn't have a left hook and they're overplaying him right but jesus - that's not a good shot. Thad was very nervous but he was active and making things happen. Sucks that he couldn't finish inside on 4-5 attempts. That's his game.

Jack was huge. Carried us early. We should've kept the momentum rolling. Shot corner 3s well enough to play off the ball. Hit big shots. There was a stretch where he actually went wild with the spin moves and hop steps. Turned it over like 3-4 times in a row.I really don't like him on Jeff Teague though. That layup Deron gave up was because Jack ran right into a screen and ended up falling. VERY poor defense. Leaving Millsap - 4-4 from 3 WIDE open for no reason. This made Deron think of contesting the shot, when he took a step forward, he lost his man for a layup.

Hopefully some more Mirza in G3 - at home - gives us the boost we need offensively.
Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Post#305 » by Shook Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 am

MirzaIsGod wrote:
Shook Jones wrote:

Mirzas contract runs out at the end of the season

Signed and traded.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#306 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:38 am

tough loss but encouraging first 2 games.

historically role players are awful on the road in the playoffs and solid at home. so im pretty optomistic bogs and thad turn it around the next couple games. awful 3 point shooting, we are even decent there and we win both games.

Deron big time choke job, but i blame hollins that dwill is even taking that shot. balls needs to be in joes hands there
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#307 » by Gordon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

Deron should have taken a 3 or get all the way to the basket, if Horford closed out on him, he could have passed it to Lopez under the basket. Mid-range pull-ups are low percentage shots, even if wide open.

Hopefully, we get more offensively out of Bojan, Thad and perhaps Mirza on the home floor. Bojan has been disappointing, not so much for hitting 3s on a low clip, but for inability to create anything off the dribble. He gets nowhere with the ball everytime he puts it on the floor.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#308 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am

isekii wrote:Yea hopefully sacto is still interested in dwill package with plum

LOL. If you were Sacto's GM would you take either of those players?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#309 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:18 am

isekii wrote:Besides Buck, A-train Every Williams we had on the Nets have been horrendous.

Sean, Marcus, Terrance, Deron, Jayson, Sheldon I mean WTF

We need a petition

Jayson Williams wasn't horrible.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: 

Post#310 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:20 am

Paradise wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we win more games next season with the same roster minus Deron Williams.
He is simply that bad. Not even Marbury was this awful in NY.

Look at how flat the team was when he was out there from the start. As soon as Jack comes in and starts annihilating the Hawks the Nets morale and play picked up.

Deron Williams is a cancer on this team. A blight. Just all around ****.

If the guy even remotely showed up we could either be tied or with a series lead. I can't believe the Nets have played the Hawks this well and come away without a split.

If I'm Lopez, I'm on the first train out of town to anyone offering the max. It's not even worth wasting another year playing with a loser like Deron the Dog

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#311 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 am

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Game 2 PG: The 100 million dollar scrub leads us to an 0-2 hole 

Post#312 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Send Deron and Plumlee out to a small market team who can eat his contract. I'm sure someone will still take those two together. Pray that we can get an average PG and role players back in return.

Trade Joe to Hornets for Lance and Zeller (if possible still).

Jack is not the answer at PG moving forward and should still be used like a spark plug off the bench.

I just can't watch anymore of this terrible product. These guys look just awful and unmotivated.

The Hawks look like they actually practice and know what they're doing. We look like we're just running free flow offense and throwing crap out there to see if it sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#313 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Shook Jones wrote:

this is such a horrible idea and im shocked so many here have mentioned it.

why in the world would you use an asset to trade a guy who is just going to expire anyway(joe) or can be stretched(dwill)?

you pay to get rid of guys who kill you long term, not guys with 1-2 years left
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#314 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Didn't watch the game.

May someone please give me the highlights? who performed well? who didn't? what worked/didn't work? I was scoreboard watching and saw the dwill miss at the end... this is frustrating... losing out on the split.... come on...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#315 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Looking through the box score...

1. Young and Dwill killed us... 2-14? jesus mary joseph.... that's not acceptable for a starters. Why is Young going Plumlee on us? Dwill, idk what to say that hasn't been said. Wake the **** up.
2. ATL lives off the 3 ball, **** close them out.
3. 16 TOs? I thought this was going to cut down. Jack with 4, Dwill 3 n TY 3... what a bunch of buffoons. At least Jack was scoring to help offset it but wtf is Young doing out there? his starter's spot should be question, he's not helping at ALL.
4. FTs....We need to get to the line. Put some fouls on this guys and drive to the **** basket.... Lopez needs to get near to 10 FTA and if Dwill starts, attacking? maybe he too can draw some fouls...

oy vey...
The ModFather

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#316 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:23 pm

I've been saying this for a while now.

One of the major knocks on Plumlee was that he's already pretty close to his potential. He had a good run of games where we played at a faster pace but teams adjusted by keeping an extra defender in the paint which inhibited his free lanes to the basket for alley-oops.

We're coming toward the end of his 2nd season and I can't think of one area in which he's improved since he was drafted. If we had a time with a bunch of knockdown shooters that would prevent the opposition from leaving a defender in the paint, Plumlee would have a greater impact. But when you need so many conditions to be set in order for a player to succeed that player better be really good in other aspects of the game or they're simply not worth building around.

If trading Plumlee gets D-Will out of here and off the books, it's a win-win for me. Let Plumlee be someone else's project and D-Will can be someone else's 2017 expiring contract.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#317 » by kerry kittles » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 pm

I was talking to a friend this morning and I do think we have to give credit to Nets for playing with effort, battling, making these games close. Yes, I would like to be on the winning side of 1 of these 2 games, but we've killed the Nets for poor effort all year and I cannot say that is the reason we are losing these games.

We allowed 115 points per game to the Hawks in 4 regular season games. We've kept them under 100 both games. They've been effective in transition, there have been some mental lapses, but overall our half court defense has been good - much better than expected.

We've been in both games despite: Deron being invisible - not attacking, Thad being reckless/out of control, Bogdanovic struggling, Plumlee's poor play, Joe's struggles with his shot.
As a team we're not shooting the 3 ball well, turning it over too much. Yet despite all this, we've been in a position to stealboth games on the road against a vastly superior team.

Hopefully we can continue to play hard, and our role players step up at home. I wish we had stolen a game, but I'm not disappointed with the team especially considering expectations.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#318 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Looking through the box score...

1. Young and Dwill killed us... 2-14? jesus mary joseph.... that's not acceptable for a starters. Why is Young going Plumlee on us? Dwill, idk what to say that hasn't been said. Wake the **** up.
2. ATL lives off the 3 ball, **** close them out.
3. 16 TOs? I thought this was going to cut down. Jack with 4, Dwill 3 n TY 3... what a bunch of buffoons. At least Jack was scoring to help offset it but wtf is Young doing out there? his starter's spot should be question, he's not helping at ALL.
4. FTs....We need to get to the line. Put some fouls on this guys and drive to the **** basket.... Lopez needs to get near to 10 FTA and if Dwill starts, attacking? maybe he too can draw some fouls...

oy vey...

-Thad young straight up tried to throw the game in the first half.... he was playing YOLO blatche type basketball out there and killed us. mirza came in for a bit but didnt really do much and then we went with some joe at PF.

-game started off with like a 10-2 atlanta run which was 2 threes and 2 dunks. UGLY. joe did the heavy lifting early maybe 9 or 10 points in the first and we cut the lead by the end of the first. then jack came in the second quarter and hit 6 of his first 7 shots and Alan Anderson played well and we went on like a 25-9 run and lead by 4 points late in the half before an atlanta spurt put us down like 2 or so at halftime

-Brook was pretty good. we looked to get it to him a bit more but atlanta really wasnt having that and swamed him both when he did and did not have the ball. he did some work on the glass and had one play where he grabbed the offensive board with 1 hand and then threw down a dunk. but mostly atlanta dared us to shoot 3s, and again it worked

-We got back in it late. we had a couple chances to win but couldnt get stops and they hit some back breaking 3s. dwill had a chance to win it at the end but bricked abaseline jumper, then we had to foul and it was a wrap

played great : jack, anderson

played good: Brook, Joe for the most part

Played ok: bogs, plumlee

non factor: mirza, brown

Awful: Dwill, thad
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#319 » by SpeedyG » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Shook Jones wrote:

I'm not ready to give Bojan. He gives good effort and attacks the basket. The problem is Lionel's penchant for playing him at SG.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#320 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:17 pm

kerry kittles wrote:I was talking to a friend this morning and I do think we have to give credit to Nets for playing with effort, battling, making these games close. Yes, I would like to be on the winning side of 1 of these 2 games, but we've killed the Nets for poor effort all year and I cannot say that is the reason we are losing these games.

We allowed 115 points per game to the Hawks in 4 regular season games. We've kept them under 100 both games. They've been effective in transition, there have been some mental lapses, but overall our half court defense has been good - much better than expected.

We've been in both games despite: Deron being invisible - not attacking, Thad being reckless/out of control, Bogdanovic struggling, Plumlee's poor play, Joe's struggles with his shot.
As a team we're not shooting the 3 ball well, turning it over too much. Yet despite all this, we've been in a position to stealboth games on the road against a vastly superior team.

Hopefully we can continue to play hard, and our role players step up at home. I wish we had stolen a game, but I'm not disappointed with the team especially considering expectations.

Personally i'm still upset and disappointed.

However as you stated, they have been playing better and making a case to beat the Hawks. Its the mental lapses and the errors that are killing us to put it lightly....

We know what this team is capable of if everyone is on all cylinders but consistent disappointment is still nerve wracking. Instead of blowouts the NETs were in position, as stated, to win. It's really about everyone pulling their weight and unfortunately we don't have that and for 2 games, its consistently been the same players.
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets