ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 4 PG: Deron goes into God Mode!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Re: Game 4 PG: Deron goes into God Mode! 

Post#661 » by jeff1624 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
this is the playoffs. most teams shorten their rotation to 7 or 8 guys unless they are just comfortably winning the series.

it was smart of hollins to tighten it up even more, you need to play the guys you can trust. right now those only guys are jack and anderson. plumlee needs to play better, but if he isnt early cant risk putting him back out there. also cant really mess around playing dleagues or guys who havent played all year.

you have 6-8 rotation minutes to play with in the first half. if guys dont respond then you need to rid your core guys in the second half.

i dont want to see plumlee unless he is playing positive ball those 4-6 miinutes he gets early.

That's fine, but one of the reserves is usually a big man. Going 7 deep without a backup bigman is dangerous especially when the starter is a lumbering 7 footer with foot problems playing 40+ minutes every night. Plumlee needs to play better even if it's for 12 minutes.

normally yes. but you can sub in anderson for lopez and slid thad to the 5 when horford is on the bench as antic and milsap are small as bigs. that lineup with thad at the 5 helped us go on that big run to start the 4th.

i jsut dont think we can trust plumlee right now. im fine giving him 4 minutes to show something early or giving those 4 to jordan to see i he can earn a second half cameo

Yeah, but thad at the 5 was also a reason we kept giving up offensive rebounds. I'm actually glad Hollins went that route and is keeping Plumlee on a short leash. He should continue doing so if he plays like dog crap like he did tonight. My comments are directed more at Plumlee than it is at hollins. Plumlee NEEDS to play better. If not then we might need to give Jordan a look... or even Jefferson who's a better rebounder than Thad.
Dat Leadership
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#662 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 am

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
this is the playoffs. most teams shorten their rotation to 7 or 8 guys unless they are just comfortably winning the series.

it was smart of hollins to tighten it up even more, you need to play the guys you can trust. right now those only guys are jack and anderson. plumlee needs to play better, but if he isnt early cant risk putting him back out there. also cant really mess around playing dleagues or guys who havent played all year.

you have 6-8 rotation minutes to play with in the first half. if guys dont respond then you need to rid your core guys in the second half.

i dont want to see plumlee unless he is playing positive ball those 4-6 miinutes he gets early.

That's fine, but one of the reserves is usually a big man. Going 7 deep without a backup bigman is dangerous especially when the starter is a lumbering 7 footer with foot problems playing 40+ minutes every night. Plumlee needs to play better even if it's for 12 minutes.

normally yes. but you can sub in anderson for lopez and slid thad to the 5 when horford is on the bench as antic and milsap are small as bigs. that lineup with thad at the 5 helped us go on that big run to start the 4th.

i jsut dont think we can trust plumlee right now. im fine giving him 4 minutes to show something early or giving those 4 to jordan to see i he can earn a second half cameo

Plumlee is so disappointing. I never bought into the hype for him heading into the season, and I have been one of his biggest critics, but he's so useless right now. Hollins couldn't even put him in the game because Budz would play hack-a-plum. Lopez was in foul trouble/gassed in the 4th quarter and we went ultra small.

It's concerning, yes...but we don't really have a choice. Only option is Hollins sees this "spark" that he's found in season when guys start playing well in practice (like when he moved Karasev into the lineup when Bogie hit a wall, then put Bogie in, then put Brown in) in Mirza.

We BADLY need one of these other guys to step up, because I do think the minutes and the physical play is getting to Joe and Thad (who are both playing bigger than they normally do) and Brook.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#663 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:03 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Prokorov wrote:glad brook acknowledge his lack of energy and head up his but play the later stages of the game. and im glad he wants to be better even in a win where he had big numbers.

a bounce back game from brook and joe being the next guy to get the hot hand in game 5 would be big

I think this is Hollins rubbing off on Lopez. Can't remember which game it was, but similar theme. He essentially called himself out during post-game interview. Last game he talked about himself forcing the ball for a few possessions. Now, he talks about his lack of energy. This is what we've always wanted a coach to instill with our players, and it seems Lopez has really taken it to heart: accountability.

yup, i mentioned this in the game 3 thread but love the sequence where lopez was killing it in the 4th, but then took 3 horrible shots. long jumper, dirk reverse fade, falling down chuck. hollins pulls him, quick word to refocuse, right back into the game. lopez then scores at the rim.

thats growth
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#664 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 am

jeff1624 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

Yeah, but thad at the 5 was also a reason we kept giving up offensive rebounds. I'm actually glad Hollins went that route and is keeping Plumlee on a short leash. He should continue doing so if he plays like dog crap like he did tonight. My comments are directed more at Plumlee than it is at hollins. Plumlee NEEDS to play better. If not then we might need to give Jordan a look... or even Jefferson who's a better rebounder than Thad.

I think our core guys need to gut it out and get us game 5. If we win that, then it'll be easier to "experiment" with Jordan/CJ/Mirza in Game 6 at home. Its tough to throw out these guys on the road when they haven't played much in the playoffs.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#665 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:08 am

jeff1624 wrote:

not really, we gave up a ton of offensive rebounds with lopez in the game as well. we gave up offensive rebounds because we simply didnt hit the glass hard as a team and were scrambling too much to the 3 point line to get to the rim and rebound.

im not sure plumlee is gonna play better. he is a bad fit with the bench and he is a horrible matchup against atlanta. jordan might be the better option, although i think going super small is the best option.

we will see.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#666 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:09 am

SpeedyG wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I think our core guys need to gut it out and get us game 5. If we win that, then it'll be easier to "experiment" with Jordan/CJ/Mirza in Game 6 at home. Its tough to throw out these guys on the road when they haven't played much in the playoffs.

if we win 3 games in a row you dont experment with anything you keep doing what youre doing!
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#667 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:12 am

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

not really, we gave up a ton of offensive rebounds with lopez in the game as well. we gave up offensive rebounds because we simply didnt hit the glass hard as a team and were scrambling too much to the 3 point line to get to the rim and rebound.

im not sure plumlee is gonna play better. he is a bad fit with the bench and he is a horrible matchup against atlanta. jordan might be the better option, although i think going super small is the best option.

we will see.

The difference was that we gave up rebounds early on due to lack of effort. We simply got outsized towards the end. Deron was right there, fighting for a rebound, same with Anderson. Just weren't big enough against Demarre (IIRC).
BK nets BK
Sixth Man
And1: 605

Post#668 » by BK nets BK » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am

Beautiful game. I'm still pumped about this ein
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#669 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

if we win 3 games in a row you dont experment with anything you keep doing what youre doing!

I get that, but I think they'll adjust. You already saw them late in the game taking Al out and putting either MIlsap at 5 or Antic at 5 to keep Brook out of the paint. And he really struggled defensively because of it. I think Budz is REALLY going to pull out all the stops and force/create mismatches in game 5.

I've been very very very impressed with Budz this series. Hawks got themselves a good one.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#670 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:15 am

Quiet-Dude wrote:At this point, Jordan or Mirza cant be worse than Plumlee.

Yea if we're talking about four mins to plumlee, why not give Jordan the try? If he fails, he matches plumlee. If not, we have upside. N Jordan can help get boards
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#671 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 am

alot of pressure on atlanta. hopefully they crack a bit.

we should have alot of ocnfidence going into game 5
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#672 » by MGrand15 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 am

The big culprits on the boards were Thad Young and Joe Johnson. Just losing focus and ball watching after shots. Millsap and Carroll feasted off orebs and loose balls. Plumlee was also impressively bad but that's expected at this point. At least he hit 2 FTs.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#673 » by MGrand15 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 am

Prokorov wrote:alot of pressure on atlanta. hopefully they crack a bit.

we should have alot of ocnfidence going into game 5

Not to jinx it but you started to see it this game.

Teague missed a pair of pressure FTs.

Korver taking all of those 3s at the end when they didn't really need it.

Millsap not getting a shot off in regulation.

Good. Good.

Unfortunately, home court solves some of those jitters
HelloBrooklyn
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#674 » by HelloBrooklyn » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:32 am

I went to this game. This was by far the loudest i hear the Nets fan cheer for their team. Awesome game to watch live
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Re: Re: Game 4 PG: Deron goes into God Mode! 

Post#675 » by 624 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:53 am

Chandler55 wrote:time for joe johnson to step up

Two straight games he was pretty bad overall but hit big shots when it mattered.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#676 » by 624 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:54 am

All you heard going into this series is how it'd be an easy sweep. Now all you hear is how the Hawks are a fraud and not a real #1 seed. We'll never get credit.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#677 » by jeff1624 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:56 am

624 wrote:All you heard going into this series is how it'd be an easy sweep. Now all you hear is how the Hawks are a fraud and not a real #1 seed. We'll never get credit.

If we somehow pull this off it'll just turn into a "Wizards are getting an easy pass to the ECF."

Life as a Nets fan.
Dat Leadership
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#678 » by Swav718 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:14 am

I just seen the game, wow what a game ! this is probably the best brooklyn nets game I've ever seen . I am so pumped I actually think we can take the series but even if we don't I'm proud of this team , we fought and already exceeded expectations . This is the best Dwill I seen since that 57 point game it's unbelievable
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Game 4 PG: Deron goes into God Mode! 

Post#679 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:17 am

jeff1624 wrote:
624 wrote:All you heard going into this series is how it'd be an easy sweep. Now all you hear is how the Hawks are a fraud and not a real #1 seed. We'll never get credit.

If we somehow pull this off it'll just turn into a "Wizards are getting an easy pass to the ECF."

Life as a Nets fan.

It has already started. Check the GB. Apparently sweeping the half dead Craptors have somehow made the Wizards the team to beat in the East.

I could understand the dislike for the Nets under the Kidd era because he wasn't a good person but the hate now is just comical. It's like Clippers East.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#680 » by MGrand15 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:35 am

Still too amped about this win. Hope we come out for blood in ATL.

Return to Brooklyn Nets