ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#101 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Rondae vs NOP - 18 points (5/14), 6 rebounds, 2 steals. 8/10 from FT.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#102 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 pm

is there any chance rondae can play sg or mostly sf only?
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#103 » by jbeachboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:05 am

rondae has all star in the making but may take 2 or 3 years
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#104 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:16 am

jbeachboy wrote:is there any chance rondae can play sg or mostly sf only?

While the NBA is becoming more "position-less", a shooting guard still needs to be able to shoot unless complemented by a excellent shooting SF.

If he was placed at the SG position, it would only be because JJ is a better defensive matchup at the 3 instead of the 2.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#105 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:22 am

Really hope he improves his jumper. NBA defenses are just too good now for perimeter players that can't shoot the ball. Even a generational talent like LeBron didn't take that next step into GOAT-level play until he developed a decent jumper. The best perimeter role players in the league can pretty much all shoot the ball, that's usually their main contribution. Tony Allen is a huge exception, and that's because he's literally one of the best perimeter defenders of all time...and even then, it doesn't warrant him playing huge minutes, because he's not a good enough shooter and he hurts the offense when he plays heavy minutes as a result.

If he becomes one of the better 3 and D players in the league, I'd love it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#106 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 am

jbeachboy wrote:is there any chance rondae can play sg or mostly sf only?

It depends on whether he can learn to shoot. He is a GREAT player. I loved him at AZ, but he isn't a good shooter. If he learns to shoot, he is going to be a great nba player. He is an extremely smart player, GREAT defender, high bbiq, good passer, does everything well but score.
Paradise

Post#107 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWk_FUhxjCo&sns=em[/youtube]
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#108 » by Zachbretton » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:12 am

Loved his character. Plays with energy and aggression but during the last game a Pelicans player was chirping at him after he drew the foul. RHJ just laughed it off and guy got a tech. that's just shows a high level of character to know when to bring the energy and passion and when to just move on.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#109 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:38 am

I thnk the key to RHJ being better on offense isnt hitting elbow jumpers with more frequency. its using his athleticism more on offense in the half court. in college and SL so far he doesnt really use his explosive ness. he kind of plays below the rim in the half court. i think thas something he can improve on that will make a big difference
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#110 » by SpeedyG » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Paradise wrote:Rondae vs NOP - 18 points (5/14), 6 rebounds, 2 steals. 8/10 from FT.

This is a great, GREAT sign.

If a guy can improve and hit his FTs, it makes me a lot more positive he can improve his jumpshot even if its just in a spot up shooting role.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#111 » by Claud » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Surprised RHJ didn't go in the lottery... if it he gets playing time he will be fighing for ROY, no doubt about it. Dude fills up the stat sheet and plays hard as hell. LOVE this pick. Best pick we've made since we drafted Brook.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by jbeachboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Claud wrote:Surprised RHJ didn't go in the lottery... if it he gets playing time he will be fighing for ROY, no doubt about it. Dude fills up the stat sheet and plays hard as hell. LOVE this pick. Best pick we've made since we drafted Brook.

we actually traded for him but i get your point , did he ever play shooting guard at arizona or just sf and pf?

rhj had offensive limitations in college which is why he fell to 23,
Paradise

Re: Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#113 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Claud wrote:Surprised RHJ didn't go in the lottery... if it he gets playing time he will be fighing for ROY, no doubt about it. Dude fills up the stat sheet and plays hard as hell. LOVE this pick. Best pick we've made since we drafted Brook.

He was projected to go 15th but Bucks and Celtics took need over BPA.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Re: Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#114 » by kerry kittles » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Paradise wrote:

The Celtics definitely didn't go need. They have Smart and IT, but drafted a PG in Rozier. They must've been high on him - didn't seem like a great pick as he was expected to go further back and didn't address a need.

Edit: And they may have not been high on RHJ as they may have not projected him to be a good fit in Stevens pace and space offense, but I don't understand the Rozier pick. His skill set seems super redundant to IT and they have some players there. I think someone like Dekker could've been a good pick for them.
Paradise

Re: Re: Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#115 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 pm

kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:

The Celtics definitely didn't go need. They have Smart and IT, but drafted a PG in Rozier. They must've been high on him - didn't seem like a great pick as he was expected to go further back and didn't address a need.

Edit: And they may have not been high on RHJ as they may have not projected him to be a good fit in Stevens pace and space offense, but I don't understand the Rozier pick. His skill set seems super redundant to IT and they have some players there. I think someone like Dekker could've been a good pick for them.

They were coveting him for a year now. I think Ainge was Invisioning a Rozier/Smart backcourt with Thomas as the 6th man. Rozier and Vaughn were not even supposed to go that high. So, we caught a break.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#116 » by kerry kittles » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:

They were coveting him for a year now. I think Ainge was Invisioning a Rozier/Smart backcourt with Thomas as the 6th man. Rozier and Vaughn were not even supposed to go that high. So, we caught a break.

I guess - they were super high on Winslow. Were willing to give up 3 1st including one of ours to jump up 7 spots to nab him. So I think that was their real target. We'll see, would be interesting. I guess Smart is a good strong/versatile defender that he can guard SG's and Rozier PG's.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#117 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 pm

ainge has tried to move smart a few times. i dont think he is in the long term plans. i think smart was a BPA move and a rondo replacement at the time. then IT came and tore it up and stevens didnt have a great report with smart. smart also had some attiude issues and ainge doesnt go for that
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by jbeachboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:58 pm

maybe we will put markel brown at sg for athleticism
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,539

Post#119 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:
Paradise wrote:

yeah we damn sure did...the kid has the tools to be a legit 2 way all star if he develops properly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#120 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:20 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/447920002394370048[/tweet]