Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#61 » by Prokorov » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Plumlee didn't get a pick in the teens because no one valued him in the teens. If they did, we would've got a pick in the teens.

The story from last night was how did NYK manage to get ATL to take for 1st rd pick, let alone #15. That's the mystery. It was THJr who was overvalued.

As other players began to fall in the draft, I'm sure teams in the teens who didn't think they'd get the guy they wanted all of a sudden valued their picks.

The question is also who in the teens believes Plumlee would fit their team, and if he was so good why didn't they offer their pick for him.

I hate the knicks but THj is a good 2 way player and exactly the type the hawks covet... they look for not jsut 3 and D guys, but 3 and D guys who can put the ball on the floor and defend multipe positions. THj can defend 1-3, hit the 3, and put it on the deck. he is also a proven nba player, which is always valued.

What? Tim Hardaway Jr doesn't defend whatsoever. Ask the Knock board.

meh, i wouldnt put much stock in last year. they stunk and that roster was gutted early on. +1.27 DRPM his rookie season and was an excellent defender at michigan. I think he flourishes on atlanta and think he was well worth a pick in teens.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,571

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm

THJr is a chucker and his defense was horrible last season, the fact that he couldn't at least produce on a garbage roster is alarming. The Knicks ripped Atlanta off in a manner that I find to be appalling, if that's what they were gonna do they should have just let us keep our pick
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Lopez
Thad - McCullough
RHJ
Bogs - Markel
2016 FA

i LOVE RHJ... but take your nets glasses off man. that is not a strong core at all. not a single 2 way player, and outside of lopez and who knows on RHJ not a single all-star calibur player.

2 second rounders, 2 20's picks, an overpaid thad, and a maxed brook is not a strong core.

The bar continues t be set so low by some fans.... this is like earlier in the season with people defending dwill when he would post 11/5 in a loss saying it was one of his better games and we can win if he keeps it up. :crazy:

Now you know I will kick d-will's teeth in until he'll need dentures, but I think you miss the point. Those guys aren't perfect but they all bring something to the table that we can use when we add more talent to the team. Over paying Thad aside, I think what we have regarding young guys is a decent starting point considering the fact that assets have been blown like ginger blowing sam rothstein's money on coke binges and giving money to her pimp. Brook has to be maxed, the market dictates it so. It what it is, and with no picks we have no other alternative.

Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#64 » by Net Sentence » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Lopez
Thad - McCullough
RHJ
Bogs - Markel
2016 FA

i LOVE RHJ... but take your nets glasses off man. that is not a strong core at all. not a single 2 way player, and outside of lopez and who knows on RHJ not a single all-star calibur player.

2 second rounders, 2 20's picks, an overpaid thad, and a maxed brook is not a strong core.

The bar continues t be set so low by some fans.... this is like earlier in the season with people defending dwill when he would post 11/5 in a loss saying it was one of his better games and we can win if he keeps it up. :crazy:

Now you know I will kick d-will's teeth in until he'll need dentures, but I think you miss the point. Those guys aren't perfect but they all bring something to the table that we can use when we add more talent to the team. Over paying Thad aside, I think what we have regarding young guys is a decent starting point considering the fact that assets have been blown like ginger blowing sam rothstein's money on coke binges and giving money to her pimp. Brook has to be maxed, the market dictates it so. It what it is, and with no picks we have no other alternative.

He never gets the point. Our core has value.

Lopez's max will be discounted once the cap rises.
Thad will be overpaid on the current CBA but he will be fair value on the new one.
Bogs has 2 more years at great value.
RHJ at pick #23 is great value. He is going to be insanely cheap well into the next 4 years
McCullough is on the #29 contract. He will make up for missing future draft picks.
Markel has 2 years left on a great contract.

This is something the Nets havent had in years, young assets with good contracts. Once JJ and DWill come off the books we should be able to make waves in trades and FA.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:29 pm

I mean considering the corner that the team painted themselves into Billy has done a decent job at the very least of finding ways to get younger and more athletic. Markel is definitely a legit player who needs time to develop, his defense against some excellent competition was not a fluke, he just needs to develop into a two way player. Bojan I expect to be more confident and to be a guy that can get us 15-18 pts a night. Brook seemingly turning the corner under Hollins is also a stroke of good fortune. Hopefully we can get some good value from the new rookies. Now we just need to get rid of Deron and Joe and we can move forward.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#66 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:21 am

Cool short video on Chris McCullough here https://youtu.be/DFm1ZT2unr4

Did he have a promise from the Nets? Listen at 6:20 and that should give you your answer Lol.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#67 » by Paradise » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 am

RHJ on ESPN radio with Ryan Ruocco.

Hollis-Jefferson was asked what the Nets said they liked about him.

"[They] "loved how hard I played. The little things they need, they feel they can use a lot of help there,"

"I feel like once I study more and take defensive concepts in, I'll be one of the elite defenders in this league,"

Hollis-Jefferson noted strengths and weaknesses. "Defensive guy...good passer, playmaker. Find teammates. Have an okay midrange game. Working on outside shot." 

"I "wish I could've gone back on stage with the Nets hat for Nets fans."
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#68 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am

Paradise wrote:RHJ on ESPN radio with Ryan Ruocco.

"[They] "loved how hard I played. The little things they need, they feel they can use a lot of help there,"

"I feel like once I study more and take defensive concepts in, I'll be one of the elite defenders in this league,"

Hollis-Jefferson noted strengths and weaknesses. "Defensive guy...good passer, playmaker. Find teammates. Have an okay midrange game. Working on outside shot." 

I like his attitude. He's so happy to be an NBA player but he's also really happy to be a Net.

I really hope he doesn't succumb to the injury bug. He seems to be a really cool dude.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#69 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:02 pm

I do like RJ and think he will be a great prospect, but not sold on the Syracuse kid. Looks like a tweener that won't have much of an nba future. Knee injury, he looks very skinny and light for his position... I would try to trade him when the season rolls around. Send him and Jack somewhere for a good backup center.

I mean if we're seriously resigning Thad, then we can resign Mirza (or maybe even Trob) and then shelf Alexander to work on him... That's PF overload.

Get Robin Lopez in here!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#70 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Robin would be great, but will he come here for the little $ offered?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm

tell Brook to share some of his money

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#72 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:33 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Robin would be great, but will he come here for the little $ offered?

Sounds like something Brett Yormark and the marketing team would love. From Brooklyn's backcourt to Brooklyn's twins.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#73 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm

If he's saying he has an ok mid range shot he has either really been working hard on it or he's lying lol. But yeah his attitude is great, and have you seen how he acts in comparison to McCullough? RHJ is so charismatic and always seems to be in a good mood while CMC always tries to seem relaxed. He might be a bit obsessed with his image, which is actually pretty normal for his/my generation. But CMC does seem motivated despite the "idgaf" vibe I've been getting from him.

One thing is for sure, both guys seem to want to be here.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#74 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:tell Brook to share some of his comic book collection and Disney season pass

fixed for you
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#75 » by Zachbretton » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:23 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Robin would be great, but will he come here for the little $ offered?

Sounds like something Brett Yormark and the marketing team would love. From Brooklyn's backcourt to Brooklyn's twins.

"

Not going to lie I love Robin as a true defensive center who can give you some quick buckets. But I doubt we have the money to lure him in, plus other teams like the Celtics would be willing to pencil him in as a starter while he'd be a backup C.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#76 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:18 am

people need to learn the difference between young players and young talent. marcus smart is young talent. markel brown is a young player. you start playing markel brown 35 minutes a night and things dont quite looks as pie and the sky. sure maybe markel pans out, but the young guys we have are all late first rouders, second rounders and UDFA's. most of these guys will struggle to be rotation players in all likelyhood.

supplimenting overpaid non-allstars with late draft picks and UDFA's hardly makes for a "strong core". Lopez is the only good player we have
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:20 am

love this due more every day. saying all the right things. also like the nets, at least behind the scenes, ackowledge this team has a major effort problem and look to address it.

i can see RHJ soon become my favorite net
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#78 » by SOUL » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:21 am

Here's his new number with your jersey if anybody wants it for an avatar:

http://i.imgur.com/tkkSXqk.png
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,260

Post#79 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:31 am

The only thing I'll say about McCullough is that him being from the city might light a fire under his ass because he would literally hear from all the peeps about how he's not living up to expectations. If he balls, he's beloved. If he comes in soft and sucks, he's going to hate being here. Also he left Syracuse before Boeheim's horrible zone screwed up whatever defensive potential he had left. I think the Nets are going to get his best effort.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#80 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:35 pm

He's ready to go:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RondaeHJ23/status/614588705953710080[/tweet]

Return to Brooklyn Nets