ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#1 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Hollis-Jefferson is the best all-around athlete in this draft, ranking in the top three in sprint and lane agility tests during this year’s combine, and placing in the top 20 in those respective categories among all NBA combine participants since 2009. He was the best defender in the Pac-12, and routinely hounded the other team’s best player, showing out on the big stage against D’Angelo Russell in the NCAA tournament.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/small-giants-justise-winslow-stanley-johnson-rondae-hollis-jefferson-and-the-changing-shape-of-the-nba/

Welcome to Brooklyn RHJ.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#2 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:42 pm

I wanted this guy bad, the Nets made a good trade in my opinion (since they were so set on getting rid of Plumlee anyway).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:45 pm

I don't mind this trade at all. Athletic SF that can defend both wing spots, long arms, can rebound, run the floor, handle the ball. Just gotta hope that he can develop a jumpshot. We needed this kind of player.

So now we have two defenders at SG/SF, but neither can shoot. Welp, its a start at least.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#4 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:I wanted this guy bad, the Nets made a good trade in my opinion (since they were so set on getting rid of Plumlee anyway).

The board will come around on him. I think he could play either forward position. I love this kids skill set. Elite defenders who can lock down the wing and post dont grow on trees.

I didnt know how good of an athlete he is until I read the article above.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#5 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 pm

This was such a good pick considering the limitations the Nets will be under in the short term and the long term upside he possesses.

Drafting RHJ all but assures me that Mirza will be resigned.

I think RHJ can start at either forward position and if Thad leaves I would have no problem starting him instead. When Mirza comes in he can just slide down a spot. This will prevent Thad from holding the Nets hostage in negotiations.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#6 » by Zachbretton » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm just excited to see this kid play in the summer league. All this talk of him being a lockdown defender, I want to see him put that together alongside our other guys.

As a whole I think the trade was smart... Not my favorite, but smart. He can contribute right away as JJ's back up / starting SF if we trade JJ. Obviously shooting will be an issue with out 3/4/5, but if boogie swings to the 2 and we can have brown begin running a backup PG/SG role than we can really be a running gunning team that we all wanted.

I also see this trade and a sign that we're ready to make future thinking deals. This makes JJ very expendable and Brook extremely needed.

As a whole this best serves as the start of something bigger

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#7 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:02 pm

I feel like every team now has their wildcard-defensive anti-Lebron/Durant player.... And we just got ours. I don't know if he'll be on the level of Iggy or Leonard, but that's what I'm imagining.

I'm ok with moving Plumlee for him but wish we kept Connoughton and traded Karasev instead.

Welcome to Brooklyn RJ!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 pm

A defensive athletic wing is a MUST have. What you want is to see him prove his jump shot mechanics to develop into a 3 and D guy, but time will tell.

I honestly let Thad walk, but we literally will have no PFs and no money to sign one.

King has got to trade Johnson at this point.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#9 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

I feel good... I like the prospects of RHJ and I hope the lockdown defendor title becomes legit... if not, then we made another F up.... developing a jumper or even sticking it out from 3 would bring big $ to him... so hopefully he can get that going.

Its like I want to find the negative in everything... why did we get Blake and why was Connungton moved? I really like that pick!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#10 » by Zachbretton » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:A defensive athletic wing is a MUST have. What you want is to see him prove his jump shot mechanics to develop into a 3 and D guy, but time will tell.

I honestly let Thad walk, but we literally will have no PFs and no money to sign one.

King has got to trade Johnson at this point.

As I said above I have a feeling this is signaling a trade of JJ. With that we can get a couple serviceable rotation players to fill the shooting roles we need.

I still resign Thad because we don't have a shot at anyone else really at PF. But I hope it's a short contract because I see a lot of Thad in CM.

I hope RHJ gets some serious burn because we saw how much better our team looked with a defense wing who can slash, my hope is that he find either a three ball or at least a consistent pull up J.

I unlike other people here and actually kinda happy with things so far. We need to get younger and more athletic and that's what we're doing. If we trade JJ that will only continue that path

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#11 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Net Sentence wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:I wanted this guy bad, the Nets made a good trade in my opinion (since they were so set on getting rid of Plumlee anyway).

The board will come around on him. I think he could play either forward position. I love this kids skill set. Elite defenders who can lock down the wing and post dont grow on trees.

No one on the board dislikes RHJ. The criticism of the trade has nothing to do with him. It's that on the surface it appears that King overpaid again lol.

I will say this though...just because THJr was netted for a 1st round pick doesn't mean Plumlee was definitely of a higher value to most teams in the league. Maybe ATL has an inexplicable hard on for THJr and considers him to be way more valuable than most teams consider him. I don't think Plumlee had near-lotto value. It's just that ATL really likes Tim.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

The Hawks got ripped off, so I'm not sure why King is getting his teeth kicked in. I thought the deal was pretty decent.

Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#13 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

No one on the board dislikes RHJ. The criticism of the trade has nothing to do with him. It's that on the surface it appears that King overpaid again lol.

I will say this though...just because THJr was netted for a 1st round pick doesn't mean Plumlee was definitely of a higher value to most teams in the league. Maybe ATL has an inexplicable hard on for THJr and considers him to be way more valuable than most teams consider him. I don't think Plumlee had near-lotto value. It's just that ATL really likes Tim.

Overpaid? Dont tell that to Blazer fans. They hate the trade.
M I K E
Junior
And1: 42

Post#14 » by M I K E » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I like the talent we acquired last night. Plumlee had to be moved now or his trade value would of dropped off the longer we waited to move him.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#15 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Net Sentence wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Blazers fans are upset because they really liked RHJ and don't value what Plumlee brings to the table considering that they have a better C in Meyers Leonard.

One of their posters referred to Blake as a corpse so I don't think they really care about him lol.

In short, many of us feel like Plumlee should've gotten us a better pick than 24 since the Knicks got ATL's pick with THJr. Most of us believe Plumlee is better/has more value than Tim therefore we shouldn't have needed to include Pat in the deal.

(IMO, the two trades are mutually exclusive and aren't indicative of the consensus value of the players involved.)

Blazers fans feel like Plumlee doesn't give them something that they really need and so trading RHJ (who has got potential to be a defensive stud) pisses them off.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#16 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:24 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:No one on the board dislikes RHJ. The criticism of the trade has nothing to do with him. It's that on the surface it appears that King overpaid again lol.

Blazers fans are upset because they really liked RHJ and don't value what Plumlee brings to the table considering that they have a better C in Meyers Leonard.

One of their posters referred to Blake as a corpse so I don't think they really care about him lol.

In short, many of us feel like Plumlee should've gotten us a better pick than 24 since the Knicks got ATL's pick with THJr. Most of us believe Plumlee is better/has more value than Tim therefore we shouldn't have needed to include Pat in the deal.

(IMO, the two trades are mutually exclusive and aren't indicative of the consensus value of the players involved.)

Blazers fans feel like Plumlee doesn't give them something that they really need and so trading RHJ (who has got potential to be a defensive stud) pisses them off.

Teams have different needs. THJr is 2 years younger also. Plumlee doesnt have anymore upside. As far as Connaughton, this trade was reportedly worked on almost an hour before Pat was drafted. We were picking for Portland
SIC
Senior
And1: 208

Post#17 » by SIC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 pm

This is exactly what the Nets needed, An athletic SF that can defend. A PF cant can defend.

Now with Brown and RHJ we have two above average defenders. If AA stays, that would be three.

Brown guards better PG/SG, AA guards SG/SF, RHJ guards everyone and once McCullough is healthy, he guards SF, PF, and Small Ball Centers.

This is what is needed in today'S NBA. Those four will help Lopez become a better rim protector.

Now Dwil has wing players that he can work with.

The JJ's need to go to not only provide Nets some Tax relief but to fill in the missing young pieces.

That rumor about Anthony Bennett plus filler for JJ would be a good move. Yeah Bennett is a bust but any means to get rid of one JJ, Nets needs to do it.

LETS GO!!!!!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#18 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:55 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:No one on the board dislikes RHJ. The criticism of the trade has nothing to do with him. It's that on the surface it appears that King overpaid again lol.

Hardaway Jr wasn't worth a 1st rd pick, the Knicks robbed Atlanta blind I'm still baffled as to why anyone is complaining. I think we also ripped Portland off.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Who cares what the blazers fans think!!!!

King gave them Lillard for Gerald **** Wallace...!

to hell with them! LOL

besides, the trade looks cool now, lets wait til we see who blossoms more between RHJ vs Plumlee AND PAT!!!!! damn it! lol
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:01 pm

SIC wrote:This is exactly what the Nets needed, An athletic SF that can defend. A PF cant can defend.

Now with Brown and RHJ we have two above average defenders. If AA stays, that would be three.

Brown guards better PG/SG, AA guards SG/SF, RHJ guards everyone and once McCullough is healthy, he guards SF, PF, and Small Ball Centers.

This is what is needed in today'S NBA. Those four will help Lopez become a better rim protector.

Now Dwil has wing players that he can work with.

The JJ's need to go to not only provide Nets some Tax relief but to fill in the missing young pieces.

That rumor about Anthony Bennett plus filler for JJ would be a good move. Yeah Bennett is a bust but any means to get rid of one JJ, Nets needs to do it.

LETS GO!!!!!!

Thought that rumor was more fan created than anything... was there actual reports of it?

And I still don't want Bennett.... unless Deng comes along too...
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets