Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#361 » by kamaze » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:He should be like Kawhi Leonard lite for Brooklyn great on defense and can score.

i think more likely corey brewer or mkg-lite. i dont see him ever coming anywhere close to where leonard is offensively. i mean, very few offensive player reach that level, even ones who are great offensively coming out.

leonard is averaging 21ppg on 62 TS%, 26 PER, and is shooting 45.3% from three.

i know you said "lite" version... but i think it is really unrealistic to think RHJ even comes remotely close to anything like that. and thats not knock to RHJ.

The sky's the limit Kawhi put the work in to improve his jumpshot, had a great coach and team to learn from and wanted to be a great player. If Rondae has that drive he could be great.

I say Kawhi because he started out as a defensive player and got better; he's also my favorite player; and San Antonio is the team Brooklyn wants to be like.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#362 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:He should be like Kawhi Leonard lite for Brooklyn great on defense and can score.

i think more likely corey brewer or mkg-lite. i dont see him ever coming anywhere close to where leonard is offensively. i mean, very few offensive player reach that level, even ones who are great offensively coming out.

i know you said "lite" version... but i think it is really unrealistic to think RHJ even comes remotely close to anything like that. and thats not knock to RHJ.

The sky's the limit Kawhi put the work in to improve his jumpshot, had a great coach and team to learn from and wanted to be a great player. If Rondae has that drive he could be great.

I say Kawhi because he started out as a defensive player and got better; he's also my favorite player; and San Antonio is the team Brooklyn wants to be like.

it doesnt work that way. not just anyone can work hard and be a top 10 offensive player in the league. Kawai wasnt a great offensive player in college, but he was solid, and he was certainly skilled.

RHJ isnt very skilled, wasnt coming out, and still lacks some of the very basics. like using his right hand. with hard work he can improve, but i dont think its remotely possible he becomes a top 10 offensive player like kawai. honestly id be happy if became average offensively.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#363 » by kamaze » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

it doesnt work that way. not just anyone can work hard and be a top 10 offensive player in the league. Kawai wasnt a great offensive player in college, but he was solid, and he was certainly skilled.

RHJ isnt very skilled, wasnt coming out, and still lacks some of the very basics. like using his right hand. with hard work he can improve, but i dont think its remotely possible he becomes a top 10 offensive player like kawai. honestly id be happy if became average offensively.

Like I said sky's the limit it's all on him to put the work in. Defense should be his bread & butter.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#364 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:41 pm

kamaze wrote:
Like I said sky's the limit it's all on him to put the work in. Defense should be his bread & butter.

i disagree that sky is the limit. i dont think that any young player who works hard can turn himself into kawai or curry or durant. especially guys who are extremely limited to start with
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,583

Post#365 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:06 pm

you really have no idea how he'll pan out. saying that he'll just be a C- to D tier player after not even a full season of games is just as bad as saying he'll turn into Leonard. If he can improve his jumpshot to where its reliable he'll become a two way player who stuffs the stat sheet. That's huge.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#366 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:41 pm

RHJ's rookie ladder ranking in advanced stats.

1st in steals
5th in REBR
10th in PER
11th in Blocks
17th in TS%
3rd in DRPM
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#367 » by DarkXaero » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Paradise wrote:RHJ's rookie ladder ranking in advanced stats.

1st in steals
5th in REBR
10th in PER
11th in Blocks
17th in TS%
3rd in DRPM
Who was ahead of him in DRPM?
Paradise

Post#368 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

1st in steals
5th in REBR
10th in PER
11th in Blocks
17th in TS%
3rd in DRPM
Who was ahead of him in DRPM?

Tony Allen and Danny Green.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#369 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 pm

1st in steals
5th in REBR
10th in PER
11th in Blocks
17th in TS%
3rd in DRPM

yeah this kid is going to be a savage. don't sell him short on either end, he will improve.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#370 » by kamaze » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:57 pm

1st in steals
5th in REBR
10th in PER
11th in Blocks
17th in TS%
3rd in DRPM

With emphasis on player development it's gonna be fun to watch him & McCullough grow have to find a new cable provider that has YES $!!! you comcast.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#371 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:28 am

FIOs is pretty good.

Paradise

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#372 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Rookie comparisons:

MKG : 12.5 pts / 2.5 asts / 8.1 reb / 1.0 stls / 45% FG / 22% 3pt. / 74% FT.

PER: 14.0
.506 TS%
DBPM: 1.3

RHJ : 9.8 pts / 2.5 asts / 9.0 reb / 2.3 stls / 45% FG / 28% 3pt. / 41% FT.

PER: 14.2
.519 TS%
DBPM: 2.6
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#373 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:you really have no idea how he'll pan out. saying that he'll just be a C- to D tier player after not even a full season of games is just as bad as saying he'll turn into Leonard. If he can improve his jumpshot to where its reliable he'll become a two way player who stuffs the stat sheet. That's huge.

i never said he would be a C or D tier player. i also disagree that is the same as saying he can be elite offensively like kawaii is. i also think he needs alot more then a reliable jumper to be a two way player. he has to come miles everywhere offensively. shooting probably isnt even his biggest issue. its ball handling. he cant use the right side of the floor at all.

either way, we dont know, but i think the expectations on the kid are insanely unrealistic when you start throwing out stuff like kawai.

kawai is an MVP calbur player.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#374 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Wait...I didn't say that he would ever reach Leonard's level. I said absolutely none of that. Who are you arguing against?

I think him becoming a two way player isn't unrealistic at all. Just getting a reliable jumper is a huge step, I'm not sure how you'd think otherwise. Honestly, this whole "miles" thing is pretty overblown. He has to improve ball handling sure but if he begins to knock down jumpers consistently that immediately makes him a two way player. He doesn't play outside of himself at all so you don't have to worry about low IQ stuff happening on offense from him.

if at the end of the day, you can say that RHJ can defend at an elite level, rebound excellently for a wing player, and can hit the open J...you've got yourself a pretty good player.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#375 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Wait...I didn't say that he would ever reach Leonard's level. I said absolutely none of that. Who are you arguing against?

I think him becoming a two way player isn't unrealistic at all. Just getting a reliable jumper is a huge step, I'm not sure how you'd think otherwise. Honestly, this whole "miles" thing is pretty overblown. He has to improve ball handling sure but if he begins to knock down jumpers consistently that immediately makes him a two way player. He doesn't play outside of himself at all so you don't have to worry about low IQ stuff happening on offense from him.

if at the end of the day, you can say that RHJ can defend at an elite level, rebound excellently for a wing player, and can hit the open J...you've got yourself a pretty good player.

i think he is miles away offensively. like i would say his ball handling probably isnt even at a college level. he really cant do anything when he is on the right side of the floor. and "developing a jumper" shouldnt be something glossed over, his shot mechanics arent great, and he is a pretty poor shooter. co ordination seems to be an issue here, not just something where he needs reps, he needs major corrections. he also doesnt seem to be naturally skilled when it comes to the offensive side.

defensively he is basically there, and thats really all h needs to be an impact 20-25+ minutes player if not full time starter. i just think people are using the crutch "he is young and can work hard" as a reason why he should improve. every young player can improve. most dont make big strides. most who are that far behind offensively usually dont become great.

kidd-gilchrist and brewer are 2 of the hardest working, driven, leader types in the league and neither has really gotten very far offensively. and id say MKG for sure and maybe brewer were at a higher level coming in as far as skillset.

again, none of this is calling him a D tier player. i expect him to be a long time pro. but i think its more likely then not his offensive improvement mirrors brewer/mkg then it does kawai
kamaze
General Manager

Post#376 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

i disagree that sky is the limit. i dont think that any young player who works hard can turn himself into kawai or curry or durant. especially guys who are extremely limited to start with

An nba player who has the defense can become Kawhi-lite it's on him to put in the work to improve ball handling and his shot. It helps if you have good assistants working with Kenny to help the player reach his potential.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#377 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:36 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

An nba player who has the defense can become Kawhi-lite it's on him to put in the work to improve ball handling and his shot. It helps if you have good assistants working with Kenny to help the player reach his potential.

it helps if you are at a starting point with decent skills. kawai is an outlier as well. very few improve the way he did. very few.

you could easily work harder then anyone and fall very very short of that
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#378 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:35 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

What are we calling Kawhi-lite though? Tony Allen? Corey Brewer? Current MKG minus the injuries?

I'd be fine if he turned into any of those 3, those are important players, but Kawhi-lite is minimum prime Iggy.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#379 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

What are we calling Kawhi-lite though? Tony Allen? Corey Brewer? Current MKG minus the injuries?

I'd be fine if he turned into any of those 3, those are important players, but Kawhi-lite is minimum prime Iggy.

yeah thats kind of what i was getting at.

Kawai right now is the best defender in the league and a top 7 offensive player. the light verison of that is still an unreal player
kamaze
General Manager

Post#380 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:39 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I said Kawhi-Lite because RHJ isn't at that level getting DPOY awards, finals MVP and All star appearances. If he has as good a career as Tony Allen (who Lionell Hollins saw in him that's why he was picked) great.

Return to Brooklyn Nets